Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 06:03 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,356,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
I suggest that Immigration should be cut by like 90% and if people do what to come into this country don't send them to SOUTHEAST ENGLAND for gods sake we're so packed down here.

Rules for Immigrants:
  • 10% than are allowed into this country must by law speak English or at least go to college to learn it.
  • Adapt to the British way of life
  • No segregation meaning intermingle with established British ethnic minorities and White Brits
  • Don't Impose negative aspects of your culture to this Country - so muslim Women are not stay at homes wife slaves to their godly husbands, no arranged marriages, etc
  • Respect the Country's culture - so many times I hear people say ''urgh this country's food is so rubbish'' or ''White people are rude'' if you can't respect the culture of the country go somewhere else where you'd respect the culture. Of course you can critize but not rudely.

Yeah thats true more mixed race people.
It's quite funny to see how people think political decisions should be made. No wonder UKIP is getting stronger and stronger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 06:32 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,493,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
It's quite funny to see how people think political decisions should be made. No wonder UKIP is getting stronger and stronger.
He has one good point, though. The food. I don't understand this, either. When I went to Asia, the food was okay. Of course you found western food, though. But the Asian food wasn't my thing. Many things I could not have eaten every day. But If I moved to Asia, I'd find food I like, get used to some things eventually, or just cook myself, or whatever else. I also hear a lot of people in Europe complaining about the food. I realize it's something you do every day, you have to eat every day, but there are choices. Even in big cities, western food wasn't everywhere. Not even close. There are way more places in Berlin, Paris, London etc. offering Asian food than places in most Asian cities offering western food.
I once had a viral infection there because of the food. Wasn't too pretty. So I know what I'm talking about.

I'm pretty liberal myself, but he has another good point. He just worded it badly.

Quote:
Don't Impose negative aspects of your culture to this Country
Of course nobody wants this. I want gay rights, I want women's rights etc. You wouldn't want that, either. But the flaw in this argumentation here is that it's not happening. They can do whatever they want in their home as long as it's legal, but to change anything else, they'd have to become politicians.
But they won't join the National Front in France, the CDU in Germany, or the UKIP in the U.K. They join liberal parties and have liberal views.
I wouldn't like arranged marriages. Would you? I think everybody should be free to choose who they marry. No matter their sexual orientation, religion, wealth, or anything else.
But even those who are immigrants, weren't born in "the West", are often times more liberal than their counterparts in the countries they came from. Maybe that's why they even considered moving in the first place.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:56 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,865,139 times
Population demographics are one of the most difficult statistics to predict. Even most educated guesses fail. Who would have predicted in 1950 that Detroit would have 700,000 inhabitants today?

I think this is another UKIP style propaganda similar to those 'predictions' that The Netherlands and France will have a muslim majority by 2050, and Europe as a whole in 2100...

Old 05-03-2013, 07:03 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,611,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
I suggest that Immigration should be cut by like 90% and if people do what to come into this country don't send them to SOUTHEAST ENGLAND for gods sake we're so packed down here.
How about Northern Ireland instead? Or someplace in rural north Yorkshire?

Old 05-03-2013, 07:16 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,403,642 times
Yeah that would be good!

Old 05-03-2013, 07:28 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,865,139 times
Economic researchers said a week ago that my country needs 100,000 new immigrants in the coming years. So we could take some of yours.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:41 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,403,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Economic researchers said a week ago that my country needs 100,000 new immigrants in the coming years. So we could take some of yours.
Oh would you

Old 05-03-2013, 07:47 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,983,322 times
I'm so glad I'm not European. I don't have to worry about white minority this or brown majority that since I already live and am from the land of the mixed race. Of course, some people like to think otherwise of northern North America, but facts are facts. In Europe's case, though, I wouldn't like the idea of white people being a minority on their own continent. There will be some of you who will take that statement the wrong way, but let me put it to you this way: how would you feel if white people started flooding into, say, South Africa and is going to overtake the black population in a couple decades? The blacks there would be fuming, and many are still fuming that there are even a little bit of whites still living there.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:48 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,611,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
They say that here: we need immmigrants to fill jobs americans don't want to do. What that really means: immigrants accept jobs at wages and conditions Americans won't accept.

Immigration Reform 2013: Good for Businesses, Not Low-Wage Workers | New Republic

Last edited by nei; 05-03-2013 at 08:07 AM..

Old 05-03-2013, 07:53 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,983,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
They say that here: we need immmigrants to fill jobs americans don't want to do. What that really means: immigrants accept jobs at wages and conditions won't accept.

Immigration Reform 2013: Good for Businesses, Not Low-Wage Workers | New Republic
That is exactly my beef with anyone that says that crap that we need more immigrants. No, we don't. We need more jobs, not more immigrants. More immigrants = dilution of wages and dilution of unionization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe