Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 11:53 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_rus View Post
with it problems in Russia? you opened for me something new!
in my city every quarter has the drugstores.
for that money which the German pays for the medical insurance, on Russia him in a back place will kiss in addition.

Gorbachev and Yeltsin deliberately destroyed large industries. They aren't restored so far. It is a problem.
I discussed the industry question with people in Russia in the 90's. Russia makes some consumer products that would be very popular if exported. I was told the factories are old, inefficient, and need modernizing. Also, there is little, if any, quality control. Perhaps large industries were destroyed because the state couldn't afford to modernize them? In the last decade, however, Germany built factories in Russia in order to take advantage of the cheap labor. Now that the economy has improved in Russia, perhaps Putin will finally get around to supporting the development of light industry. It's something Medvedev wanted to do, but there was a global economic crisis during his presidency, and also oil prices fell. I agree, it's important for Russia to develop industry.

There are drugstores, but some medicines aren't available. Also, in the West, there are medicines that can be ordered online. There's nothing like this in Russia. For healthy people, Russia's fine. For people who have difficulty even with the medical care at home, as in the US, it's not possible to live in Russia, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 01:12 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,289,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Holy cow, can people use some common sense? Russia is much, much poorer than Germany.. but they have more people.
If country A has a GDP of 1 Dollar per capita and has 100 people living there, they have a GDP of 100 Dollars. Country B has 10 people, but a per capita of 9 Dollars, then they have a GDP of 90 Dollars. Country B is 9 time richer than country A, but country B's collective GDP is higher because they have more people. Seriously, it's not that hard.

But their population is declining..rapidly.

this is about GDP , not GNP , india has a very large GDP but a low GNP , Luxembourg has a very small GDP but a very high GNP

Russia is incredibly unequal , Moscow has more billionaires than any city In the world yet the bulk of the population are still not at all well off

Old 07-19-2013, 01:43 PM

32 posts, read 32,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Every seventh Russian is muslim, BTW. And that's a real fact.
During disorders in Sweden bloggers of Russia specified that information is statistics of Sweden. Quite probably they weren't right.
About the number of Muslims. In population census of Russia of 2010 such question wasn't raised. It is official statistics. And it doesn't consider religious structure. I don't know who I gave you information on each 1/7 Muslim. It is nonsense. Data of polls indicate 5% of Muslims. On my subjective supervision of 90% of inhabitants of Russia profess atheism. unfortunately. This group of people only ranks itself as religion. But isn't truly believing people
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
Russia is incredibly unequal , Moscow has more billionaires than any city In the world yet the bulk of the population are still not at all well off
oh, yes! You are very right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Also, there is little, if any, quality control. Perhaps large industries were destroyed because the state couldn't afford to modernize them? In the last decade, however, Germany built factories in Russia in order to take advantage of the cheap labor.
If the enterprises aren't effective that as their owners became multimiliarder?
Actually words about an inefficiency were only a pretext for theft of the enterprises. Having stolen plant it it was possible to resell favourably to competitors. And competitors destroyed it. Or it is possible to operate the equipment of 1940-1960 of release and to get profit. Or to sell a site. Or to obtain the credit from the budget on modernization and to steal the credit. It is a lot of ways to become the oligarch without having really working plant. None of new owners thieves aren't interested in modernization. I in the city of those don't know. And also I don't know again constructed plants. Probably Germans where that constructed something. I about it don't know

Last edited by red_rus; 07-19-2013 at 02:04 PM..

Old 07-19-2013, 02:31 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,267,122 times
20% of Moscow is muslim btw.. just sayin

Old 07-19-2013, 02:54 PM

32 posts, read 32,357 times
yes, you are well informed on that fact that these 20% aren't citizens of Russia. 5-7% from them. Other people are illegal migrants Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and other countries of Asia.. just sayin

Old 07-19-2013, 08:14 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
20% of Moscow is muslim btw.. just sayin
And your point is?

Old 07-20-2013, 01:05 PM

337 posts, read 929,951 times
Quote:
Who wants to move to Russia?
Plenty of people. Russia has the second largest number of immigrants in the world, after the USA. The majority of them come from other former Soviet republics.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:08 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_rus View Post
yes, you are well informed on that fact that these 20% aren't citizens of Russia. 5-7% from them. Other people are illegal migrants Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and other countries of Asia.. just sayin
How does Russia handle illegal immigrants? There is such a large border and no way to patrol it all. How do those people keep employed?

Old 07-21-2013, 07:03 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,486,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
this is about GDP , not GNP , india has a very large GDP but a low GNP , Luxembourg has a very small GDP but a very high GNP

No, it's not. I based this on GDP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
Plenty of people. Russia has the second largest number of immigrants in the world, after the USA. The majority of them come from other former Soviet republics.
LOL. 90% of them became immigrants when the SU fell apart.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:10 AM

555 posts, read 591,880 times
Quote:

LOL. 90% of them became immigrants when the SU fell apart.

That's a good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe