Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 02:38 PM

146 posts, read 189,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexey Fanatin View Post
Hello everybody . I hope you know about a situation in Ukraine . We need a help . Any . We want to Europe . This president destroys our country . We protect the rights already a few weeks . We accept any help . Thank you . For these money we will put tents and will buy food . Z200196323794

Nice try man.
I thought CIA pays enough to "protesters", or they cut your funds once they saw Ukraine swimming back to where it belongs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
And of course Stalin's own homeland has turned strongly anti-Russian.

Why is the Ukrainian people not entitled to a similar degree of self-determination?
"Stalin's own homeland" was impregnant with CIA sponsored pro-american president, they did not turn away from Russia by themselves.
Ukrainian people ARE entitled to "self-determination" and fully enjoy it - they have elected the current president which decides what's the best for the country - and the choice is obvious: rotten greed driven society from West or Russia's way - the way of God.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:47 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,468,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal8 View Post
"Stalin's own homeland" was impregnant with CIA sponsored pro-american president, they did not turn away from Russia by themselves.
Ukrainian people ARE entitled to "self-determination" and fully enjoy it - they have elected the current president which decides what's the best for the country - and the choice is obvious: rotten greed driven society from West or Russia's way - the way of God.
LOL. So the people on the Maidan are agents of Satan?

Old 12-19-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
LOL. So the people on the Maidan are agents of Satan?
You need to stop watching your stupid Hollywood movies man about Satan, vampires and other crap if you want to have an intelligent conversation.
Western civilization exploits the worst in us - greed, and kills the best in us - our souls, moral etc.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:42 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
You need to stop watching your stupid Hollywood movies man about Satan, vampires and other crap if you want to have an intelligent conversation.
Western civilization exploits the worst in us - greed, and kills the best in us - our souls, moral etc.
Uh tell me how Putin's Russia is not all about greed and corruption - I am all ears for that "intelligent conversation.")))

Old 12-19-2013, 07:09 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,468,275 times
Quote:
You're the one who referred to Putin's way as "the way of god."

Old 12-23-2013, 09:55 PM

70 posts, read 68,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexey Fanatin View Post
Hello everybody . I hope you know about a situation in Ukraine . We need a help . Any . We want to Europe . This president destroys our country . We protect the rights already a few weeks . We accept any help . Thank you . For these money we will put tents and will buy food . Z200196323794
Well, keep hoping to get into EU. Once you are there, get prepared to be disappointed. Merkel, Barosso and others are no better than your (ex)communists or whatever they are, they may even be worse than Putin. Also, your migrants will become a source of idiotic political debate, all kind of *******s will try to exploit people's fear of immigrants to gain more percents in elections. Your country will lose a lot of engineers, doctors and so on, pretty much people with their education sustained by hard working tax payers(middle class and even poorer) of your country, and nobody will mention that. Then when some of those middle-class people (also called non-skilled) will migrate to Western Europe, especially UK, you'll hear how their tax payers have to sustain these bad migrants, even if they are usually young and statistically a plus for health budgets. It's just so disgusting and another sign for human race as not being so "sapiens".

I have no opinion on your president, I have no idea who he is, it's not unlikely that he is just playing, just consider your geographical position, it's tricky ..

One more thing you may want to consider, a story about summer 2012 in Romania. The president Traian Basescu, perhaps the most hated in current people's memory, more than Ceausescu I would say, was about to be impeached in that summer. The procedure was started by his opponents, they exploited some loopholes to do that, some very questionable, but they did it. Then, of course, Constitutional court (which is unfortunately entirely political, not much to do with justice) had to step in, they agreed on the entire procedure, excepting one thing: the quorum for the referendum where people decide, it was set to at least 50% of the registered voters. The impeachment was voted by almost 90% of votes but the turnout was 46% only, because many president's fans stayed home, they knew they couldn't win if they vote. This turnout rule was pretty much set during the procedure. Now, this could have been avoided in some ways, but it wasn't, why? Barosso and Philip Gordon(who worked for Hillary Clinton) personally met with people involved in this and put pressure to make sure the president(ex-communist) stays, regardless of people's will. Barosso also represented Merkel's position in that matter.

I'm not against people in Europe and even beyond being united, even politically, but the way things work now, it makes you sick. I don't know if EU politics will ever change for much better, or when..

Last edited by AKAdragon; 12-23-2013 at 10:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe