Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 02:29 AM

5 posts, read 13,402 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
I am an Indian and working as an R&D engineer. My main work is to design PCBs for electronic equipment.
Recently I came across an opportunity to immigrate to Austria through R-W-R(Red-white-red) card. I dont know much about the Austria..........like employment opportunity cost of living, crime rate etc. Can anyone advice me weather I should grab the opportunity or not as the whole process involves lots of money. Can I get sufficient opportunity of PCB design engineer in Austria?
An early reply would be appreciable as I dont have much time to say yes or no to Austria
Thanks to all.
Regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 02:44 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,343,360 times
I really don't want to be rude, but employment opportunities (4.8% unemployment), cost of living (rather high) and crime rate (extremely low) are things you could easily google yourself... There are official stats for that. I'd recommend to at least read the Wikipedia page before considering to move here...

That said, I don't know, if it's easy to find a job as a PCB design engineer in Austria without speaking German. And I'd certainly look for a job beforehand. Try big companies like Siemens.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:39 AM

24,525 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Red-white-red is basically the Austrian equivalent of H1B - you are tied to the respective job. Language skills are not required upon arrival. http://www.wien.gv.at/verwaltung/per...karte-engl.pdf

Old 12-31-2013, 12:40 AM

Thanks for your quick feedback. But my question is..............is there enough jobs of PCB designers?

Old 12-31-2013, 01:13 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,343,360 times
You'd have to look that up on recruiting platforms like:

Karriere.DiePresse.com - 4522 aktuelle Stellenanzeigen online
Karriere - derStandard.at
Jobs | Stellenangebote | Jobbörse | Jobsuche | Studentenjobs | careesma.at
Jobbörse StepStone: Jobs und Stellenangebote in Österreich
karriere.at: Jobs - Jobsuche - Jobbörse - Stellenangebote

or directly on the webpages of Austrian companies.

Since I don't know exactly what a PCB designer does, it's difficult for me to recommend any specific companies. Siemens would be the most obvious. Infineon and Philips also have headquarters in Austria. Maybe KTM is looking for someone who's capable of designing something for their on-board electronics?

Anyways, here is a list of the 500 biggest Austrian companies in 2011. It's in German, though:
TREND Online

Old 12-31-2013, 03:11 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,764 times
Russians in Austria:
http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/2172123

The author writes about some success stories.

Last edited by Muscovite; 12-31-2013 at 03:43 AM..

Old 12-31-2013, 08:31 AM

24,525 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by live-wires View Post
Thanks for your quick feedback. But my question is..............is there enough jobs of PCB designers?
That is legwork you have to do yourself. There are worlds between PCB designers and PCB designers.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:50 PM

146 posts, read 189,432 times
I heard that Europeans cannot tolerate strong curry smell - something to think about.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal8 View Post
I heard that Europeans cannot tolerate strong curry smell - something to think about.
But I can tolerate light curry smell

Old 01-01-2014, 06:44 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,486,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by live-wires View Post
Hi All,
I am an Indian and working as an R&D engineer. My main work is to design PCBs for electronic equipment.
Recently I came across an opportunity to immigrate to Austria through R-W-R(Red-white-red) card. I dont know much about the Austria..........like employment opportunity cost of living, crime rate etc. Can anyone advice me weather I should grab the opportunity or not as the whole process involves lots of money. Can I get sufficient opportunity of PCB design engineer in Austria?
An early reply would be appreciable as I dont have much time to say yes or no to Austria
Thanks to all.
Regards
Why Austria?

You might want to look into the blue card. That's pretty much a guaranteed visa, if you meet the income requirements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe