Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 09:10 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times

Advertisements

This year the Rock in Rio music festival will return to Lisbon, that is pretty big for those who like concert marathons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 09:49 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,166,504 times
I have always liked Lisbon, it is a beautiful city in a beautiful natural setting

Old 01-28-2014, 10:47 AM

560 posts, read 600,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
like the Semana Santa in Spain that is really very big and streets are all closed, it would be good if Lisbon would have something like it too since it's also a Catholic country... Also the throwing of the bulls on the streets like what Montijo and Alcochete have.
They could also spread the carnival every February to Lisbon and make it very big.

Yes there are fiestas in the summer but the fiestas are a little small except for the Sto. Antonio fiesta every June.
Small? Of course if you compare an event of a 5 Million population city vs a 0.8 M things probably will look different. Carnival we dont have much of a tradition here... that's Brazil.

You have lots of fiestas you just need to know where to go ... just in the outskirts you have lots of bulls being released during the fiestas like "Barrete Verde" where they fill the streets with sand around the streets and its 24/7 where the music is nonstop.

I speak for myself, I have a house in the outskirts and whenever I'm there it's a pain to sleep because the freakin' speakers scattered all around are turned on with music and everyone partying until 5-6 am... and then by 8 am everyone is already grabbing bulls by the horns and stuff ...

And there's also other types of festivities of course... from concerts, sports initiatives for families, etc ... And as I like to say portuguese people don't need a special occasion to party

Bairro Alto, Cais Sodre every single Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday is always filled with people.

Or the markets every Tuesday and Saturdays, the "Farturas" and "Bifanas" scattered around which seem so simple but are like the best meal ever, sailing events, workshops on the streets...

If you know where to look the info there's plenty around

EDIT: And you give an example of Semana Santa, but that's big and only what a week as well? We go 1 full month :P

My american friends came during June and they were amazed at the craziness and the wooden stands in "Alfama" that residents just turn them into "restaurants" if you can call them that... most of them said we were crazy.

The night of St Antonio is the worst. I took 3 hours to just walk up one street in bairro alto lol

Last edited by Lusitano_; 01-28-2014 at 10:57 AM..

Old 02-01-2014, 01:45 PM

20 posts, read 59,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
It is in fact a really cool city, welcoming, warm and not expensive I personally like it a lot, it has a romantic touch as well... I worked there and I have really good memories. Moisaics in pavements, tiles in walls, the river, fado, gastronomy... it's awesome!
100% with you on this...what a great city Lisbon!!!

Old 02-01-2014, 02:35 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
A couple of days they said on the evening news that according to a famous travel magazine Lisbon's Rua Augusta is one of the 31 streets around the globe one should walk down in life.

(The street along the Douro river walk in Porto, forgot the name, was the second Portuguese street on that list. 6% of the winning streets in such a small country, not bad )

Old 02-02-2014, 01:23 PM

84 posts, read 225,268 times
I'm glad to see that my homeland becomes popular and tourism is increasing

Old 03-22-2019, 07:33 AM

4 posts, read 1,964 times
Lisbon a historical city and a very fantastic place to visit. It is a city with more visitors throughout the year and it’s architecturally beautiful, The city was always full of merchants from all over Europe, making it a cooking pot of races and cultures all bubbling together.

Old 03-27-2019, 02:28 PM

1,553 posts, read 2,450,300 times
Which is cooler- to those who have been to both - Lisbon or Munich?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe