Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 12:43 PM

285 posts, read 750,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Don't believe everything you read on internet forums, do your own research. Some people have some strange agendas. These beatings are rare just like in the US. Spaniards actually protests a lot in general. I call it their national sport. They also tend not to trust authority because of the abuses than took place during the Spanish civil War.
I guess you think the "US. Spaniards" you're talking about are South-american spanish speakers... I know that most of you cannot tell where Spain really is using a map.

Protests in Spain are something rare. Most of the protestors are peaceful, but the anti-riot spainsh police treat them the same way as if they were extreme violent hoolingans.

The only remarcable demostrations were on the 25th September 2012, the protests were peaceful, but the anti-riot squads brutally beat the people. There is a report from international amnesty about the brutality of the repression.

Here some links and vid about what I'm talking about

These vids are extremely important because the government has banned recording the police... the "offenders" will be put into jail and/or economical fine as high as 600.000€ (800.000$), these were the lstr vids taken in freedom.
We have more repressive laws every day, they know the people are disgusted with the political corruption, higher taxes, poverty, unemployment, delinquency, wages reductions...

Here the anti-riot squads beating boys and girls

Policía de España golpea a niño durante huelga - YouTube

Policía antimotines de España golpea a niño de 13 años durante protesta | Starmedia

Here the anti-riot charging, beating, shooting peaceful people

La Policía carga contra manifestantes del 25S - YouTube

Crónica 25S - Disturbios y cargas policiales en Madrid, España Spain. La Sexta Noticias - YouTube

Here one anti-riot police punch a girl in the face

Policia le pega un puñetazo a una chica y se va 12M Madrid. - YouTube

Here beating innocent passer-by, people, specially a young girl with a dress with short skirt....

Antidisturbios cobardes - YouTube

Here a kids is taken by the anti-riot squad and when they think nobody is watching behind the trucks the beat him...COWARDS

#12M Agresion Policial a Chaval Indefenso #ACAB - YouTube.

Here beating a boy an a photographer

Policias Nacionales agreden a adolescente y a Fotografo - YouTube

An old man reporting how the anti-riot squads beaten him and his wife

Declaraciones del compañero Juan Baraja tras salir de comisaria - YouTube

Here some compilations about the brutality of the anti-riot squads in Spain

Pillados Brutalidad policia nacional española Terrorismo de estado - YouTube

Recopilatorio brutalidad policial en España - YouTube

La violencia policial se arraiga en España - YouTube

PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW WHAT's HAPPENING IN Spain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 05:07 PM

595 posts, read 720,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantabriansea View Post
Protests in Spain are something rare. Most of the protestors are peaceful, but the anti-riot spainsh police treat them the same way as if they were extreme violent hoolingans.
Not at all, Spain has always been one of the countries in Europe with highest rates of demostrations, only surpassed by France. Since Spain has even more protests than France.

And about how peaceful they are, let me doubt it. We can speak about Sanchez Gordillo if you want.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victus View Post
Not at all, Spain has always been one of the countries in Europe with highest rates of demostrations, only surpassed by France. Since Spain has even more protests than France.

And about how peaceful they are, let me doubt it. We can speak about Sanchez Gordillo if you want.
And Greece and Romania aren't they european countries?
Spain is not the "champion" in protests. In fact the population is incredibly submissive, if they had the same amount of political corruption most european countries cities would be in flames... not to mention 50% young unemployment, 6million unemployed, high crime rates, wages reductions, more taxes, almost no control of massive immigration...

Spain is the only country I know where protestors on their knees, with they hands rised, sing " estas son nuestras armas, agitando las manos vacias (these are our weapons, our empty hands)" while the anti-riot squads crash their heads.

I don't like Sanchez Gordillo either, but what has he to do with any kind of demonstration (peaceful or violent)?
He is not a protestor animal, he's a politician...

Here's an example of what Amnesty international said about the extreme violence used by countries like Greece, Romania and specially Spain, against peaceful protestors, passers-by, jounalists...

https://www.amnesty.org/en/news/don-...ned-2012-10-25

On 9 October 2012, in a letter to Spain's Minister of Interior, Jorge Fernández, Amnesty International raised its concerns in relation with the use of force and riot-control devices by police including on 25 September when unidentified police beat peaceful demonstrators with batons, fired rubber bullets at them, and threatened journalists covering the events.

Well I think you support far right parties... Could you explain me why do they use violence only against native Spaniards, and they don't use any kind of law enforcement when the protests are arranged by any foreign group, even if the protests led to violence?La manifestacin por el joven mal desaparecido deriva en incidentes | Andaluca | EL MUNDO

Old 02-08-2014, 08:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
i dont see many countries including this one outraged by police state behavior.
mostly here its racially charged. i honestly think if all the police were black here we would see very little complaint.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i dont see many countries including this one outraged by police state behavior.
mostly here its racially charged. i honestly think if all the police were black here we would see very little complaint.
At least, in Spain, I don't think that the anti-riot squads actuation have nothing to do with ethnic or racial issues.
They simply obey teh cruel orders from their masters... the politician puppets, I think that sold to the best paying lobby.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:26 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantabriansea View Post
At least, in Spain, I don't think that the anti-riot squads actuation have nothing to do with ethnic or racial issues.
They simply obey teh cruel orders from their masters... the politician puppets, I think that sold to the best paying lobby.
To those of us that are Spanish and Latin American, we all know what the Spanish police are like, Latin American cops are the exact same. Our culture is a rotten, aggressive, corrupt one.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
To those of us that are Spanish and Latin American, we all know what the Spanish police are like, Latin American cops are the exact same. Our culture is a rotten, aggressive, corrupt one.

I agree, but many people here cannot believe that, they're lucky and they haven't suffered that, they don't know how the spanish and most latin american goverments really work.

A culture based on squashing its own populations, armies who are only good fighting and killing their own people, but incompetents when fighting against a foreign army.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:08 AM

Old 02-19-2014, 07:11 AM

603 posts, read 1,632,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It is really no surprise to hear this at all.

Iberian and Latin American culture to me are always alike no matter what, I have even said this quite many times on here.

Their cops do not treat people (especially women) good at all.

This is why the behaviour of these folks comes from directly in the form of Mediterranean(mainly Greek or Iberian)/Hispanic/MENA/South Asian cultures.

Last edited by Rozenn; 02-22-2014 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: Trolling

Old 02-19-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloxias View Post
It is really no surprise to hear this at all.

Iberian and Latin American culture to me are always alike no matter what, I have even said this quite many times on here.

Their cops do not treat people (especially women) good at all.

This is why the behaviour of these folks comes from directly in the form of Mediterranean(mainly Greek or Iberian)/Hispanic/MENA/South Asian cultures.

I agree that Spain and many latin american countries share the same rotten and corrupt elites, who uses the police and army to suppressedteh population.

Last edited by Rozenn; 02-22-2014 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Orphaned - Response to an edited post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe