Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What part of Italy is that skin tone most common?
North 8 47.06%
Central 5 29.41%
South 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 11:29 AM

603 posts, read 1,631,096 times

Advertisements

He looks Italian if nothing else.

His complexion is very intermediate and not too dark or tanned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 11:42 AM

121 posts, read 388,841 times
Berlusconi is over tanned, as a good deal of Italian politicians. I can see that many Americans can't tell apart tanned and naturally dark skin tones.

His naturaly skin tone.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:47 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,488,154 times
Anywhere.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:52 AM

121 posts, read 388,841 times
Jajajajaja.

Athletes composites from London 2012. UK/France/Italy.

Br
Fr
It

Old 06-05-2014, 10:15 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,442,490 times
here in Italy you can't say which region is someone from just from his physical appearance, because you can find "ligher" and "darker" people everywhere. For example there are a lot of blonde and red haired people from south italy, and in north italy you can find really dark eyed and haired people. Berlusconi is quite in the average, you can easily find people like him in every region.
we are more used to recognize someone's origin from the accent, for example Berlusconi has a really strong Milan's accent.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:16 AM

148 posts, read 247,955 times
Come to where I live, the people will gladly answer your question, OP.

I'm not very good at discriminating, but they tend to be.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:00 AM

61,661 posts, read 87,041,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid55 View Post
I'm not asking to be racist, I'm Italian ant just want to know my roots.
Is it Italic (roman)? Southern italian? Northern Italian/ Germanic?

How we supposed to know?? You don't know your roots? Research your name and do DNA test.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:41 AM

1 posts, read 3,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid55 View Post
I'm not asking to be racist, I'm Italian ant just want to know my roots.

Dark, but reddish (not pink)

An example

[url=http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvio_Berlusconi]Silvio Berlusconi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

Is it Italic (roman)? Southern italian? Northern Italian/ Germanic?

This tone of skin comes from that parts of Italy where the sun is shining.
Silvio Berlusconi is Lombard, is rich and this is not his natural complexion. It seems many foreigners, especially Americans, can't tell the difference between a natural tanned skin and a white skin darkened due to the sun exposure.
What Americans (and other foreigners) think is the Italian colour of the skin, is the result of hours spent under the sun. English and Germans can get the same colouring, I can tell you for sure seeing the English and German tourists that come to Italy's sunbeaches.
If you're wondering what part of Italy your skin is from, if yours is a natural complexion, you're not from the north.
I often read online some southern Italians' comments saying things as ''I see very dark northern Italians'', ''I know very dark skinned Venetians'', ''many northern Italians are darker than we southerners''.
Being northern Italian, I know this is rubbish, many northern Italians are tanned because they hate being born pale and the only ''northern Italians'' I have known to have dark skin are the southerners that moved to the north. I also know a dark Venetian...yes, his mother is Sicilian. He has a Venetian surname and looks his mother.
After all, despite the nonsense speeches written by some weird Italians, Spaniards, or any other weird person obsessed by the colour of the skin, who thinks his country is whiter than mine (weird Spaniards who say they're whiter than Italians. Southern Italians who say they are lighter than us northerners), northern Italy's common colour of skin is average medium white. Many are very pale-me for example-some are like Colin Farrell, not darker. Believe it or not.
I just registered to this forum to reply to this weird question and answers. This is my first and my last action on here.
You can draw maps, write online what you want, northern Italians have light white skin and if you all can't tell a tanned skin, I feel simpathy for you.
Good-bye.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:12 AM

62 posts, read 87,964 times
First of all he looks like an old rich corrupted politician... Of course he could be french aswell!

The colour of skin can change in a life. Look at beyonce, every year she looks more nordic...

When I saw picture of my gf and me 3 years ago, I realize we were so pale ! Now we are somehow tanned even in winter . I guess the fact our 3 last sumers were longer and sunnier can explain that.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:51 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,838,833 times
I guarantee you the people here talking about how skin colors varies in italy and how you can tell where in italy someone is from because of their skin color are Americans

and I guarantee you that these folks also walk around telling people they're italian but have never been to italy, know no one from italy and think spaghetti and meat balls is italian food!!!
oh yeah, their grandma;s dog's brother's sister's cat was italian so they're from italy too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe