Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 04:42 PM

603 posts, read 1,631,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
True this red-headed Irishman looks Norwegian, many famous Vikings were known to have red hair like Eric the Red.

for-redheads, pandabearish: whataBEAUTY

This Irish girl could easily blend in any Northern European population.
500px / Stesha by Nataly Frigo
I totally agree with everything you said.

This is the reason why the Scottish and the Irish lookalike or look Scandinavian/Germanic a lot than looking like Cretans or Canarians who look rather Mediterranean/Extra Med.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 08:08 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,676,840 times
A wee bit.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:48 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,424,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloxias View Post
I totally agree with everything you said.

This is the reason why the Scottish and the Irish lookalike or look Scandinavian/Germanic a lot than looking like Cretans or Canarians who look rather Mediterranean/Extra Med.
Many thought that the fact both the Celtic Fringe, Basque Country have a very high of frequency of Y-haplogroup R1b, means that those people are identical. This has been found later not to be true! Due to the fact there are also different R1b subclades. The prevalent R1b subclade in the Celtic Fringe is L21, while the one in Basque Country, the rest of Iberia DF27. The Germanic R1b subclade is the U106, most common in Friesland, and northern Germany.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:17 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,424,938 times
Celtica
Irish-Americans celebrating their heritage!
http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/...ad-104744.html

Old 06-03-2014, 11:26 AM

603 posts, read 1,631,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Celtica
Irish-Americans celebrating their heritage!
http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/...ad-104744.html
Lovely to see many redheads in the picture.

They will certainly be one of the last symbols in sharing Celtic heritage with Scotland, Wales, England, Brittany, other parts of France, parts of Belgium etc.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:18 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
They're often lumped together for their supposed 'Celtic' connection but Scotland seems to be just as if not more connected to northern England and Norway as it does to Ireland. The exception would be Northern Ireland and Donegal which in some ways have more in common with southwestern Scotland than they do with the rest of Ireland.
Just curious, what beer brands do Scots drink?

Dublin=Guinness, Cork=Beamish, etc. I think my opinion on this will largely be determined on the beer of choice chosen by most Scots I can't for the life of me think of what is popular there though...

Old 07-07-2014, 04:21 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,406,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Just curious, what beer brands do Scots drink?

Dublin=Guinness, Cork=Beamish, etc. I think my opinion on this will largely be determined on the beer of choice chosen by most Scots I can't for the life of me think of what is popular there though...
They don't drink beer.. they drink Irn-bru

Old 07-07-2014, 07:59 PM

3 posts, read 3,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
Do you think Norway and Sweden are similar to Scotland?
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Serious question?
Why wouldn't it be? I've definitely heard before that Scotland is similar to Scandinavian countries. For one thing they share a lot of genes.. both Scotland and Norway produce a lot of redheads, and (to generalize) Scots are supposed to be reserved, inexpressive, etc... just like Scandinavians. They definitely share a lot of culture and genes so it's a valid question IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe