Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 05:05 AM

81 posts, read 108,834 times

Advertisements

We still use the Roman method: washing your teeth with urine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 05:30 AM

586 posts, read 830,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Really!! Are you shocked?
I would imagine he is as there is no correlation between what has been said and his belief that Europeans have mouths resplendent with the festering stumps of broken and unattended teeth and full of puss oozing from countless sores and ulcers (I'll admit i'm exaggerating a little, just a little mind).

//www.city-data.com/forum/europ...countries.html by:ColdAilment

Last edited by Mr Blue Sky; 03-26-2014 at 05:47 AM..

Old 03-26-2014, 06:34 AM

217 posts, read 277,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Interesting. Your dental hygiene habits are on par with probably what the average American does.
What did you expect? People brushing once every 2 weeks? For me its similar:

-How often do you brush your teeth per day? 2 times, after breakfast, before going to bed
-How often do you floss? rarely, i always seem to cut myself so i hate it. i do it when i feel its necessary.
-How often do you use mouthwash? i dont
-How often do you visit the dentist for a checkup or a cleaning if necessary? twice a year

Secondly

-How often is it suggested you brush per day? twice a day
-How often is it suggested you floss? everyday if you can
-Is it suggested to use mouthwash at all? never heard anyone mention it
-How often are you advised or suggested to visit the dentist? twice a year

Old 03-26-2014, 08:44 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,486,225 times
-How often do you brush your teeth per day? I usually brush my teeth 1, 2 or 3 times a day, it depends if I forget it or not before going to sleep and it depends if I really need it after lunch, but I do it always after breakfast to start the day.
-How often do you floss? Hardly ever
-How often do you use mouthwash? Sometimes especially when I have sores.
-How often do you visit the dentist for a checkup or a cleaning if necessary? When I need it. Not periodically. I have neved had caries anyway.

Secondly

How often is it suggested you brush per day? 3 times a day
-How often is it suggested you floss? everyday
-Is it suggested to use mouthwash at all? yessss
-How often are you advised or suggested to visit the dentist? twice a year or more.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:57 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
-How often do you brush your teeth per day? Two-three
-How often do you floss? When necessary
-How often do you use mouthwash? Whenever I brush my teeth (so two-three times a day)
-How often do you visit the dentist for a checkup or a cleaning if necessary? Once a year, or less. I have a filling in one of my molars, but that's it
Secondly

-How often is it suggested you brush per day? Two-three
-How often is it suggested you floss? Dunno
-Is it suggested to use mouthwash at all? It's better than brushing alone, but I don't know
-How often are you advised or suggested to visit the dentist? Maybe once a year or so

Old 03-26-2014, 10:00 AM

81 posts, read 108,834 times
What's next?
Do Europeans use toilet paper?

Old 03-26-2014, 10:10 AM

545 posts, read 866,119 times
France

-How often do you brush your teeth per day : most of the time once after breakfast, twice if I go out in the evening or if I feel like my mouth is dirty or smell. I brush my teeth with a hard toothbrush during 2 minutes. But I know I should do it twice every days.
-How often do you floss : never, I don't like it, it hurts my gums (learnt a new word's signification)
-How often do you use mouthwash : only if I have mouth ulcers, quite rare
-How often do you visit the dentist for a checkup or a cleaning if necessary : went twice the last 7 years. My teeth are healthy, never had caries and my dentist told me my visits were useless.. I'm in my late twenties.

Secondly

-How often is it suggested you brush per day : twice and a chewing gum (without sugar) after lunch
-How often is it suggested you floss : don't know
-Is it suggested to use mouthwash at all : don't think so
-How often are you advised or suggested to visit the dentist : once a year

When I was a kid my mom gave me a lot of Fluorine, vitamins, and so on. The removal of my wisdom teeth was the only operation I had. I have a small overlap but it doesn't bother me, to me white horse teeth are like fake ****, I don't like them..
My parents always warned me that if I brush my teeth too much, I'll lose all of them once old because it causes trauma to the gum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litri View Post
What's next?
Do Europeans use toilet paper?
No I use three sea shells.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:01 AM

667 posts, read 939,972 times
Well I envy you guys. No caries, one caries for the whole life! Seems like there won't be any need for dentists in Europe soon!
I have lots of fillings...some of them since childhood, for 20+years.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:49 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentry12 View Post
What is the American diet regime like ?
Typically for me:

For breakfast, cheese and ham or liver spread on Wasa.

For lunch, often nothing, but sometimes I will have a slice of pizza or carnitas on corn tortillas.

For dinner, a chicken breast, roasted asparagus (its asparagus season!) and some sauteed vegetables.

As far as brushing, once or twice a day.

Floss... not as often as I should. I should have gotten braces, but I didn't so I have a couple of non-conformist teeth.

Haven't been to the dentist in many years. Don't have that kind of money or insurance.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:36 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
I brush twice a day.
I use floss every day before brushing at night. (I only eat in the evening, but if I ate something for breakfast or lunch, I would floss twice or three times a day. What also helps when you can't floss is taking some water and pressing it in and out through your teeth.)
I never use mouth wash. (I read it actually hurts the hygiene as the alcohol dries the mouth, and it also increases the risk of cancer in the mouth.)
I visit my dentist once a year.

(I heard that one reason for worse teeth in older Europeans is that we don't put fluoride in our drinking water.)

Last edited by Neuling; 03-26-2014 at 04:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe