Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2021, 11:43 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
Here, the Yanukovich's palace of corruption:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MyRwmlgAEU
Oh, you made me laugh, thank you ! "Yanukovych had as many as six cows! "Aah! How awful. Now we have as many as 20 cows ! This is a success ! It was worth it. No doubt ! The Museum of Corruption ! That's great!

But the slightest investigation, we are told. That this is a place that is passed off as the house of Yanukovich.It has been a government residence since 1935 and many people have lived here. Starting with Nikita Khrushchev and ending with Yanukovych.

And the golden loaf there is fake. And you can answer where Yatsenyuk is now fighting for the happiness of Ukrainians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2021, 12:02 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Netherlands!!!!! BOOOO YEAH!!!
Exactly. It's interesting, when politicians of Netherlands will start talking about a Russian trace. It is very convenient to blame any problems on Russian.

Old 01-26-2021, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
This is a bogus article (or paid by Putin's mafia), he never made any statements which would be remotely nationalistic. For example "Stop Feeding the Caucasus" - this is not about nationalism, this is about stopping sponsorship of another criminal regime, now in Chechnya region, currently ran by Putin's gang member Kadyrov. Kadyrov recently ordered one of opposition journalists killed in Germany.
Do you have any better ideas?

Old 01-26-2021, 02:01 PM

omg, they blew up a bridge ))) What for? What happening in the Netherlands?

https://youtu.be/xvD1WBQj5ow

Old 01-26-2021, 02:25 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
omg, they blew up a bridge ))) What for? What happening in the Netherlands?

https://youtu.be/xvD1WBQj5ow

"Anti-Covid" protests Maxim, they rebel against lockdowns/curfews..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmewEVzjOJQ

Old 01-26-2021, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
What is your opinion of Sergey Mironov the leader of a just Russia party?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Mironov

According to this he has managed to merge A Just Russia with Patriots of Russia and For Truth parties on Jan 20th.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opin...ative_election

Also according to that article United Russia is right now polling at around 30%, down from 54% in 2016 for 2021 legislative duma elections, this means if any of the “opposition” parties play their cards right they could win big (though I think UR will still end up in the lead but very likely below 50%). United Russia’s polling has been falling since Medvedev announced the increase in pension age.

Grega, one of my friends on FB is a former MP from the "Just Russia" party. (He is from the Volga (Ulyanovsk) region.)
So he told me that initially he was thrilled with his position and hoped to do whatever possible for his region.

But then he realized that it's all impossible, because they are under the thumb of the "United Russia" people and they can do only what they are told to do, even though *officially* they are some "separate, independent party."
So he simply quit.

Therefore, being put in this context, it's already irrelevant who/what Mironov is and what I think of him. ( I don't.)
You already saw what happened to Sergey Furgal ( who is supposedly from LDRP, and how Zhirinovsky ( the leader of it) reacted to the whole situation. Which only confirms what that former MP from the "Just Russia" party said earlier.

The only people who are trying to "make waves" from time to time, are the KPRF ( particularly in the regions,) but UNLESS they get out of Duma, they won't be taken seriously as an independent power ( my guess.)
And of course the United Russia/Putin went after Grudinin with the vengeance, that he even dared to challenge Putin ( the last I've heard, his once thriving business is completely destroyed by now, and Grudinin himself is wiped out financially. But I would have to double check on that one.)

So for now, the way I see it, G. Yavlinsky (the head of "Yabloko") was absolutely correct, when back in time he addressed Duma, saying "Why do you even bother to split into different parties? Quit your pretenses already. You know darn well that you are one and the same people, you vote as one and the same, so you are one and the same party, even when some of you call yourself "opposition."

This pretty much sums it all up.

Last edited by erasure; 01-26-2021 at 03:03 PM..

Old 01-26-2021, 03:41 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Grega, one of my friends on FB is a former MP from the "Just Russia" party. (He is from the Volga (Ulyanovsk) region.)
So he told me that initially he was thrilled with his position and hoped to do whatever possible for his region.

But then he realized that it's all impossible, because they are under the thumb of the "United Russia" people and they can do only what they are told to do, even though *officially* they are some "separate, independent party."
So he simply quit.

Therefore, being put in this context, it's already irrelevant who/what Mironov is and what I think of him. ( I don't.)
You already saw what happened to Sergey Furgal ( who is supposedly from LDRP, and how Zhirinovsky ( the leader of it) reacted to the whole situation. Which only confirms what that former MP from the "Just Russia" party said earlier.

The only people who are trying to "make waves" from time to time, are the KPRF ( particularly in the regions,) but UNLESS they get out of Duma, they won't be taken seriously as an independent power ( my guess.)
And of course the United Russia/Putin went after Grudinin with the vengeance, that he even dared to challenge Putin ( the last I've heard, his once thriving business is completely destroyed by now, and Grudinin himself is wiped out financially. But I would have to double check on that one.)

So for now, the way I see it, G. Yavlinsky (the head of "Yabloko") was absolutely correct, when back in time he addressed Duma, saying "Why do you even bother to split into different parties? Quit your pretenses already. You know darn well that you are one and the same people, you vote as one and the same, so you are one and the same party, even when some of you call yourself "opposition."

This pretty much sums it all up.
This is all correct.

Old 01-26-2021, 03:45 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Oh, you made me laugh, thank you ! "Yanukovych had as many as six cows! "Aah! How awful. Now we have as many as 20 cows ! This is a success ! It was worth it. No doubt ! The Museum of Corruption ! That's great!

But the slightest investigation, we are told. That this is a place that is passed off as the house of Yanukovich.It has been a government residence since 1935 and many people have lived here. Starting with Nikita Khrushchev and ending with Yanukovych.

And the golden loaf there is fake. And you can answer where Yatsenyuk is now fighting for the happiness of Ukrainians?
You are misinformed about Mezhyhira. Sad how Russian "state" propaganda has fooled enough of them to deny corruption where it so clearly exists. Reality is easy to deny when you are fed enough of it I guess. Enjoy funding more palaces for your great leaders.

Old 01-26-2021, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
This is all correct.

Of course this is all correct.

As much as the fact that America facilitated this process great deal back in the 90ies, while helping to cleanse the political field in Russia, handing money (and thus political power) to the oligarchy, perceived as loyal to American interests.

A lethal mistake, since American politicians didn't expect that Yeltsin would pass this consolidated power to someone like Putin. ( Although really, it was only inevitable and logical.)
Now the "collective West" has its panties in a twist, trying to figure out how to fix this situation, but to no avail. ( Other than screaming "bloody hell," "free Navalny" or "we-feel-sorry-for-the- Russian-people-robbed by-oligarchs." ( DKM's favorite song)) )

So I was watching "60 minutes" today again, and while they show all this commotion and politically motivated upheavals here and there in the Western world, the rage of the day is still "concern for Russian democracy" and "free Navalny."
I find it all slightly amusing to say the least, looking how alarmed the West is by ever-present Putin with no signs of departure, while the West is increasingly finding itself on a shaky ground.

( From 13:02 - the captions in the Western media and the rest...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t_JO0nGisg&t=1634s

Last edited by erasure; 01-26-2021 at 05:39 PM..

Old 01-26-2021, 06:16 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
You are misinformed about Mezhyhira. Sad how Russian "state" propaganda has fooled enough of them to deny corruption where it so clearly exists. Reality is easy to deny when you are fed enough of it I guess. Enjoy funding more palaces for your great leaders.
You are wasting your irrepressible energy in an empty, DКM. Why don't you direct her to fight with your government for the lives of these people...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PsRRK0xitg

or of these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHDk...=DWDocumentary

Aaaa... it can be dangerous! Maybe the FBI will start asking questions about whether you're an internal terrorist, our dear friend.. And they'll also may put in jail by accident... No! Not way..It is better to fight with the damned Putin for the poor Russians.. It's safer that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe