Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2021, 11:43 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

I don't know about the blitzkrieg part of this but then I don't have all the information either. A coup was tried and Putin will never be forgiven for what he has done for Russia. He and his people anyway.

https://tass.com/world/1250091
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Yes, the number of personal transport can become a problem, or rather it already is.But the city does not stand still, in addition to the renewal of public transport and the reorganization of road traffic, infrastructure has begun to grow in the districts, from shops to schools and kindergartens, which has already removed some of the load on traffic.In general, the work is going on and it is being done by completely intelligent people. So, we'll wait and see, I think everything will be fine )

Well, and a few more photos on the topic.
Time will tell. I think that you behind a leaking sewage truck on a a hot summer day unmoving in your car is in the cards.

I've been there.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:46 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I don't know about the blitzkrieg part of this but then I don't have all the information either. A coup was tried and Putin will never be forgiven for what he has done for Russia. He and his people anyway.

https://tass.com/world/1250091

Lukashenko is a perceptive guy; he is right on target as usual.
As I've mentioned before, some Russians would prefer to have him as a president of Russia, rather than Putin.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:57 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I was just there last week, playing in the waves during an 80 degree day. I'd post a picture but I'm not as brave as Zigomor.

The water was cold, but I have definitely swam here without a wetsuit in the summer. One can still enjoy "using" the beach without getting in the water (as you know being in the PNW).

Despite this, I prefer beaches in many other places in the world too. But abkhazia no.
Without wet suit you can only use the Cali beaches from Santa Barbara down in summer.

I never been on the Black Sea but some beaches on Crimea and Sochi look really nice on video and full of history.

Old 01-31-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
As I've mentioned before, some Russians would prefer to have him as a president of Russia, rather than Putin.
He handled the trouble this summer very well with the help of his people. A less better run country would have folded up quickly. They took nothing for granted. While I think it's time for him to step down and make way for new blood I will not criticize him harshly for the results so far.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
The German press found out the details of the production of the film about the palace in Gelendzhik, which allegedly belongs to Vladimir Putin.

According to Schwarzwälder Bote, the two-hour video was filmed at the Black Forest studio in Kirchzarten. It is noted that this is a professional film studio that meets international standards. It is led by a Freiburg-based couple who have worked in the US film industry for many years and started their own business in Germany last year.

According to one of the owners, Sebastian Weiland, in early December he received an order from the States. As it turned out, the request concerned the shooting of a film by Alexei Navalny. Weiland says that the work with the Russian blogger took place in strict secrecy, the Russia 24 TV channel reports.

According to the journalists of the "Voice of Germany" radio station, the entire Black Forest studio worked on the creation of the film. And the cost of its services can be judged by the fact that such giants as Porsche, General Motors and Raiffeisen Bank cooperate with it.

https://smotrim.ru/article/2517125

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBcWdHe8j_g

Last edited by Zimogor; 01-31-2021 at 08:03 PM..

Old 01-31-2021, 08:28 PM

Quote:
He handled the trouble this summer very well with the help of his people.
And Putin.

Quote:
A less better run country would have folded up quickly. They took nothing for granted. While I think it's time for him to step down and make way for new blood I will not criticize him harshly for the results so far.
While the time for BOTH of them to step down is long overdue, it can't be done safely with the West trying to sink its teeth into Russia ( Belorussia is part of it,) and to rip it apart.
Ukraine is an ultimate proof of it, the rest would follow, if Lukashenko would have shown any weakness.

We already entered the time of "troubled waters," when it becomes important more than ever for the West to destroy Russia, since the internal troubles of the West keep on brewing.
I haven't been in Europe for quite some time already to make a definite judgment ( can only base my conclusions on what I see/hear from afar,), but in US it's evident.

Today, when I was looking for some prophetic quotes of Solzhenitsyn, I discovered something else to my big surprise, that any Democrat supporting "American exceptionalism," Biden/Clinton et al, needs to put on his/ her/ wall;

"The average "educated" American has been made to believe that, somehow, the United states must lead the world, even though hardly anyone has any information at all about those countries we are meant to lead.
Worse, we have very little information about our own country and its past."

Gore Vidal

Источник: https://ru.citaty.net/tsitaty/172406...een-made-to-b/

Stunning.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
And Putin.

While the time for BOTH of them to step down is long overdue, it can't be done safely with the West trying to sink its teeth into Russia ( Belorussia is part of it,) and to rip it apart.
Ukraine is an ultimate proof of it, the rest would follow, if Lukashenko would have shown any weakness.

We already entered the time of "troubled waters," when it becomes important more than ever for the West to destroy Russia, since the internal troubles of the West keep on brewing.
I haven't been in Europe for quite some time already to make a definite judgment ( can only base my conclusions on what I see/hear from afar,), but in US it's evident.

Today, when I was looking for some prophetic quotes of Solzhenitsyn, I discovered something else to my big surprise, that any Democrat supporting "American exceptionalism," Biden/Clinton et al, needs to put on his/ her/ wall;

"The average "educated" American has been made to believe that, somehow, the United states must lead the world, even though hardly anyone has any information at all about those countries we are meant to lead.
Worse, we have very little information about our own country and its past."

Gore Vidal

Источник: https://ru.citaty.net/tsitaty/172406...een-made-to-b/

Stunning.

P.S. I double-checked on it, and yep, sure enough, it's Vidal's quote, as much as "The Untied States of Amnesia" belongs to him as well.

“We are permanently the United States of Amnesia. We learn nothing because we remember nothing.”

https://www.pri.org/stories/2012-08-...-policy-quotes

So speaking of the nineties ( yet again) here...

Last edited by erasure; 01-31-2021 at 10:34 PM..

Old 01-31-2021, 11:13 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
Time will tell. I think that you behind a leaking sewage truck on a a hot summer day unmoving in your car is in the cards.

I've been there.
Things are changing fast. That's what I want to say. Even two or three years, long enough not to know many places.Three traffic jams that I used to get into,last year, have ceased to exist.So, we'll wait and see

Old 01-31-2021, 11:21 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
That was 25, 15 years ago..Since then, things have changed a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe