Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 06:16 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
During my trip to Paris earlier this month we had lots of warm sunny weather and I got dry and wanted to have my favorite drink in the world- COKE.

Trouble is at bars and restaurants and shops they only offered a warm bottle that came with no ice. I learned the French word for Ice, (glace) but it got me no where. All they would offer me was a warm soda in a bottle that tasted syrupy and gross. There is nothing worse than warm soft drinks!

Why can't they offer me ice for my soft drink like the rest of the world?
The rest of the world does not offer ice; The US has the habit in many places of packing the ice in, I cannot stand it. I have to ask every time my drink without ice, Americans have a fascination with packing their drink full of ice.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:45 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The rest of the world does not offer ice; The US has the habit in many places of packing the ice in, I cannot stand it. I have to ask every time my drink without ice, Americans have a fascination with packing their drink full of ice.
It's probably related to the high rate of obesity, diabeetus, and excessive consumption of sugars and sodium.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:51 PM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Last time it was the hotels, the elevators and the narrow beds. This was in March.
In April the big issue was that you arrive dead tired and can't check in at the hotel before 3pm.
And now it's the no ice in soda.

In the meantime you complained about airlines.

When people asked questions, you were unable to come up with answers, which indicates you've never set your foot in Paris, or anywhere else in continental Europe for that matter.

And you know trolling is against the TOS, right? If you're retired and bored, I suggest getting a hobby instead. Like painting or stamp collecting.

Why people travel, if they expect everything to be like back home?? They are the biggest example of stereotype, dumb travelers...

Old 05-30-2014, 09:09 PM

321 posts, read 400,267 times
Quote:
Because different cultures have different likings, is that news to you?

Old 05-30-2014, 09:49 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,537,247 times
Obvious troll, but I didn't actually know that Parisians (the French?) prefer room temperature soft drinks. Is it believed that cold dilutes the flavour? I know ice certainly does.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:45 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Those drinks are NOT room temperature. They are REFRIGERATED!!! 2-4C is not a warm drink!

Actually Americans are the ones who serve liquors warm (yes, room temperature!) poured over ice = good stuff get diluted, and beers ice cold, I mean - its like liquid ice. No one can even taste it...

FYI: Chilling a beverage below about the mid-40-degrees (F) numbs the taste buds. Thus, most American-made beverages taste best when I can't taste them at all! Soda-pop is the worst culprit. The reason it tastes so nasty is that it's mostly sugar. May as well chug a bottle of corn syrup. Chilling it to kill the taste of the sugar means that the manufacturers have to go overboard on the flavorings. Let soft drinks warm to room temp without losing its carbonation, and they won't taste good at all.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:51 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,345,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion Fruit View Post
I personally enjoy room temperature drinks because I talked with locals while in Europe and love their reasoning behind it.
I never heard of anyone who really likes lukewarm drinks. Here only really young kids get drinks at room temperature so they don't get sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Those drinks are NOT room temperature. They are REFRIGERATED!!! 2-4C is not a warm drink!
Yup, drinks are usually refrigerated. It sometimes happens, though, that they serve you a bottle that's only been in there for a couple of minutes. Nothing to whine about on a forum...

Old 05-31-2014, 01:41 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,265,333 times
Quote:
During my trip to Paris earlier this month we had lots of warm sunny weather and I got dry and wanted to have my favorite drink in the world- COKE.

Trouble is at bars and restaurants and shops they only offered a warm bottle that came with no ice. I learned the French word for Ice, (glace) but it got me no where. All they would offer me was a warm soda in a bottle that tasted syrupy and gross. There is nothing worse than warm soft drinks!

You had warm weather this month in Paris?? The month of May had been quite cool and rainny this year... It was certainly not the kind of weather to drink sodas with ice...

Inversely to you, I'm always shoocked that American can't help to put tons of ice in drinks, even when the weather is cool... That the same for AC, I can't understant how it can be put to cool to 16c inside when the temperature outside has a perfect 25c... Your obliged to put a pull over each time when you go inside... That's absurd to my point of view...
Different culture for sure!

Old 05-31-2014, 02:16 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
You had warm weather this month in Paris?? The month of May had been quite cool and rainny this year... It was certainly not the kind of weather to drink sodas with ice...
He hasn't been in Paris. Ever.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:25 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,334,386 times
Quote:
So you are saying because I have a complaint about Europe
You get one lousy cola in Paris and you blame a whole continent?
Why are you going back again and again when you know EVERYTHING in Paris are crap?
As others have said before: Don´t leave your home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe