Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 01:15 PM

102,293 posts, read 108,390,953 times

Advertisements

The future of most of Europe is toast. Scandinavia might manage ok, but global warming, accelerated by huge releases of methane gas in the circumpolar region, is going to toast nearly all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 01:19 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,824,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The future of most of Europe is toast. Scandinavia might manage ok, but global warming, accelerated by huge releases of methane gas in the circumpolar region, is going to toast nearly all of us.
You are a bit on the catastrophic side but this is more of a threat than most of those threats people have listed in this thread.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:21 PM

24 posts, read 16,125 times
German police hunt for group of up to 1,000 men over sex attacks | Daily Mail Online

you gotta laugh at this. not even the media can hide what this immigration wave is causing any longer. yet some people here are still for "international love".

Old 01-05-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
You are a bit on the catastrophic side but this is more of a threat than most of those threats people have listed in this thread.
lol. Well, after doing some research to follow up on the climate talks in Paris, I stumbled upon some rather catastrophic news. And I've searched around, desperately hoping to find a more balanced view, experts saying that the predictions are extreme, but I haven't found that. Only more sources corroborating the alarming reports.

Kind of makes all the rest of the concerns people get caught up in seem trivial, no?

Old 01-05-2016, 04:01 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,824,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
lol. Well, after doing some research to follow up on the climate talks in Paris, I stumbled upon some rather catastrophic news. And I've searched around, desperately hoping to find a more balanced view, experts saying that the predictions are extreme, but I haven't found that. Only more sources corroborating the alarming reports.

Kind of makes all the rest of the concerns people get caught up in seem trivial, no?
I know the forecasts aren't optimistic and that temps have risen far more quickly than even the most pessimistic scientist had predicted a decade or two ago but what i'm not sure about is whether this rise will finally be blocked (the Paris agreements could be a step forward but i'm not optimistic because there is too many countries going through the process of industrialization at once) and how the climate will change (i don't think Southern Europe will ever become a furnace but i think weather patterns are going to get more extreme and that some areas of the world could even get colder due to the blocking or change of certain marine currents).

Care to link to a few of those views you have read. I think they could make for an interesting read

Old 01-05-2016, 05:06 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,632,895 times
Re: 'The future looks bright. Economies growing again, unemployment shrinking and technology developing. Most poor countries are getting richer'

So in the case of the EU you think it will be resilient then? From my perch she's got alot on her plate. Brussels more and more is being perceived as throwing weight around with Germany at the apex running things. Sure looks like agitation going on turbulently in the 'union'. Far-right parties seem to be on the ascendant with all their implications. Just my take.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
I know the forecasts aren't optimistic and that temps have risen far more quickly than even the most pessimistic scientist had predicted a decade or two ago but what i'm not sure about is whether this rise will finally be blocked (the Paris agreements could be a step forward but i'm not optimistic because there is too many countries going through the process of industrialization at once) and how the climate will change (i don't think Southern Europe will ever become a furnace but i think weather patterns are going to get more extreme and that some areas of the world could even get colder due to the blocking or change of certain marine currents).

Care to link to a few of those views you have read. I think they could make for an interesting read

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9ed5E54s4

Old 01-06-2016, 08:24 AM

10,661 posts, read 16,083,689 times
How many years before Arabic will become a official language in European primary schools just like English?

Old 01-06-2016, 08:55 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,046,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
How many years before Arabic will become a official language in European primary schools just like English?
Was planning to learn it is as a part of my "New Years resolution", but ultimately stopped on Hebrew.

That girl's sexy accent though (some Arabic singer ft. Flo Rida rapper).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8nhToPcXIo

Old 01-06-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Arabic isn't a language of international commerce. Why should it be taught in primary school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe