Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 08:58 PM

168 posts, read 251,647 times

Advertisements

Haha ohh OP, you should have known you can't talk about anything positive about the US while portraying Europe as equal or less than it. The Europeans and a portion of Americans will always tell you how horrible the US is, and how everything here is terrible, and garbage, and shabby, cheap, tacky, uncultured, so many other disparaging adjectives compared to "Europe."

I've never lived in Europe but my cousin married an English girl, and according to her in the UK peanut butter is extremely rare, and there's almost nothing PB flavored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 09:04 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,841,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrannosaurusZack View Post
Haha ohh OP, you should have known you can't talk about anything positive about the US while portraying Europe as equal or less than it. The Europeans and a portion of Americans will always tell you how horrible the US is, and how everything here is terrible, and garbage, and shabby, cheap, tacky, uncultured, so many other disparaging adjectives compared to "Europe."

I've never lived in Europe but my cousin married an English girl, and according to her in the UK peanut butter is extremely rare, and there's almost nothing PB flavored.
You never lived in Europe, but felt like commenting on a thread about the things an American would miss being in Europe?

The writer of the article clearly did not live in Europe, more looks like she was on an extended, closely monitored and guided tour of a few select areas.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:13 PM

168 posts, read 251,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
You never lived in Europe, but felt like commenting on a thread about the things an American would miss being in Europe?

The writer of the article clearly did not live in Europe, more looks like she was on an extended, closely monitored and guided tour of a few select areas.
Yeah, just pointing out that you can't say positive things about the US, without getting told how wrong you are, and how Europe is simply amazing and way better than anything in America.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:57 PM

825 posts, read 1,035,393 times
Chipotle, hot wings, affordable dining out, and ceetain American craft beers.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:22 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,350,066 times
Quote:
Yeah, just pointing out that you can't say positive things about the US, without getting told how wrong you are, and how Europe is simply amazing and way better than anything in America.
So, you are not allowed to call bull**** on an internet article which clearly is bull****?

Old 06-20-2014, 01:32 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,354,703 times
Quote:
Bull**** is bull****, whether it´s american or european.
And Europe is not one country.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:43 AM

22 posts, read 40,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba07 View Post
Chipotle, hot wings, affordable dining out, and ceetain American craft beers.

If you are still in England London does have a Chipotle. Frankfurt got one last year and is the first one in Germany. I agree about the wings. Haven't found good ones in three years. I have seen Sierra Nevada, Founders and a few other craft American beers in the UK.

Old 06-20-2014, 04:49 AM

1,327 posts, read 2,608,224 times
Paris has the largest Chipotle in the world.

Quote:
I find this hard to believe, you can find peanut butter in most supermarket in France, I am pretty sure this is the same in UK.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:46 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,550,567 times
Quote:

PB is rare? Hardly. The PB here was bad when I moved here in 2000 but the last few years they've had a brand I really like, better than the American stuff that is loaded with sugar.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:48 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,835,122 times
I don't understand why anybody should use peanut butter for anything. Tastes foul and destroys the whole sandwich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe