Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 04:44 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,086,099 times

Advertisements

What I mean is that those countries are East Asians and Slav, their culture, nothing related with their Classical past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 05:36 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,573,880 times
Their language is Slavic bu their culture and ethos, as I said, is the result of millenia of history and interaction with many and very diverse other cultures. Changing the language leads to significant cultural transformations but doesn't eradicate the spirit, the old customs etc. The same way in the Near East the changing of languages over time (like the Turkification of Anatolia or Arabization of the Levant) hasn't lead to abandonment of the old cultural roots. If you listen to Turkish music, e.g., you experience the atmosphere of a cultural heritage that was accumulated & refined with the contribution of endless cultures and peoples that lived in Anatolia over the 10 millenia of civilisation.

Balkans and Romania were not only an offspring of Near East Neolithic cultures, but they contributed too with the discovery of writing, metallurgy (Vinca Culture), building of the first big human settlements in history (Cucuteni Culture) etc. For this reason, the Balkans must be considered the the craddle of human civilisation, along the Near East.

The Bulgarian and Romanian peasant cultures and ways of life contains numerous elements of Thracian origin, more than those of Slavic origin, as you can read in this online book:

Bulgarian Folk Customs

Old 10-02-2014, 07:14 AM

194 posts, read 424,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
Sorry, Old Shatterhand, Romanians keep coming, lots of them.
Sorry, no local Spanish thieves, but Romanians and Bosnians. The French are totally right about your fellow Romanians.
Romanians here find jobs because unemployment here is fictitious.
Plus, no legal security in Romania.
There are no untapped opportunities.
A large part of Real Estate ventures in Bucharest were Spanish, and now they are gone.
To see how many Romanians are still coming check this:
Romanians in Spain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Romanians that you see had come and go before the financial crisis. If they can they will move to another country, right now even Italy is a better destination for them than Spain.

Spain GDP growth is 0.5% in 2014 vs Romania that is 3%. If we would to pick a country to open a business between these two it would not be Spain.
I wouldn't even mention Spain and real estate, whatever real estate bubble was in Bucharest is nothing compared to what happened in Spain. There is nothing in Romania even slightly close to the corruption of the Spanish local authorities and how they fueled the building boom.

I am sure ther is no such thing as a Spanish thief, you had to import them all from the Balkans.

Last edited by kent2780; 10-02-2014 at 07:25 AM..

Old 10-02-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent2780 View Post
To see how many Romanians are still coming check this:
Romanians in Spain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Romanians that you see had come and go before the financial crisis. If they can they will move to another country, right now even Italy is a better destination for them than Spain.

Spain GDP growth is 0.5% in 2014 vs Romania that is 3%. If we would to pick a country to open a business between these two it would not be Spain.
I wouldn't even mention Spain and real estate, whatever real estate bubble was in Bucharest is nothing compared to what happened in Spain. There is nothing in Romania even slightly close to the corruption of the Spanish local authorities and how they fueled the building boom.

I am sure ther is no such thing as a Spanish thief, you had to import them all from the Balkans.

I don't know who in the name of Christ planted such a fake pomp and jingoism concerning a country that can't even be considered third world. Ceausescu?

LOTS of Romanians cross EVERY DAY the Spanish and Italian frontiers, they commit crimes and leave or stay in illegal trailer parks. Sometimes, when neigbours are fed up, they might entice their departure using drastic means.

And please, don't cite statistics concerning Romania, not reliable.

Sure, there's corruption here, but not comparable with a country like Romania, give me a break!!! Just like comparing Kenia with Italy.

Even a country like Morroco is light years away from Romania!!!

And they'll keep coming until they put borders again.

Spain, Italy and France do not import criminals from Romania, they come by themselves.

You can't open a business in Romania unless you are part of the mafia, anybody that does that will lose his shirt. No legal security whatsoever.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:

You can't open a business in Romania unless you are part of the mafia, anybody that does that will lose his shirt. No legal security whatsoever.
You lost the contact with the reality, if somehow you ever had it.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:27 PM

You are the one that lives in a fantasy world.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:03 AM

319 posts, read 396,744 times
Quote:
I don't know who in the name of Christ planted such a fake pomp and jingoism concerning a country that can't even be considered third world. Ceausescu?

LOTS of Romanians cross EVERY DAY the Spanish and Italian frontiers, they commit crimes and leave or stay in illegal trailer parks. Sometimes, when neigbours are fed up, they might entice their departure using drastic means.

And please, don't cite statistics concerning Romania, not reliable.

Sure, there's corruption here, but not comparable with a country like Romania, give me a break!!! Just like comparing Kenia with Italy.

And they'll keep coming until they put borders again.

Spain, Italy and France do not import criminals from Romania, they come by themselves.

I'm sorry, but why don't you consider the statistics regarding Romania reliable? Whatever criminal element there is (no one is denying it) it's foolish to assume that your average person in the country is much different than everyone else.

I'm not trying to sugarcoat anything, but I'm afraid your hatred towards the country really doesn't allow you to judge it properly.

Citing Italy is also a pretty bad example, since southern Italy particulary is one of the most corrupt places in Europe.

I'd be more careful walking in Stockholm than in Bucharest at night, since rape there has been a major issue for the past few years. Of course no one mentiones that because Sweden is a highly developed country.

When it comes to Romania it seems to me that a lot of people are eager to trash the country, which I find quite disgraceful.

Last edited by Natalya_; 10-03-2014 at 10:22 AM..

Old 10-03-2014, 10:44 AM

321 posts, read 402,331 times
Romanians in Italy do have an abnormally high crime rate, as the shortcomings of Italian laws and judiciary do not warrant an adequate jail term for petty criminals, therefore many of the Romanian criminals are just very happy to ply their "trades" here.

But what that has to do with the OP questions? Actually the very fact the most of the Romanian petty criminals go abroad to commit their crimes should ensure that Romania is safer than those countries where Romanian criminals "work".

Old 10-03-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya_ View Post
When it comes to Romania it seems to me that a lot of people are eager to trash the country, which I find quite disgraceful.
Most of those doing this don't want to trash, they really believe Romania is that bad (when in fact is the opposite, is better than most other European countries). This is the result of some misinforming tv documentaries and reportages in the 1990s, combined with how some Romanian citizens behave abroad (both Romanian and Roma ethnics), against the background of total lack of knowledge about the country and of them (the prejudiced foreigners) being superficial, not very smart individuals.

Quote:
Actually the very fact the most of the Romanian petty criminals go abroad to commit their crimes should ensure that Romania is safer than those countries where Romanian criminals "work".
During the communist period, people used to steal from the factories they worked in, but crime against individual property and person was very low. After communism, it was a little increase in crime, organized groups appeared (mostly Roma) but their activities were not making big fuss, perhaps because we don't have immigrants which would create a fragmented society.

Old 10-04-2014, 03:08 AM

228 posts, read 368,813 times
Sabiya, why do you want to go to Romania? Spain's economy might not be good right now but it has way better infrastructure and less poverty than Romania
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe