Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 09:37 AM

16,260 posts, read 43,362,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusPetersson View Post
Probably an internet hoax or urban legend that went way out of hand in publication.
That was my first impression.

On the right-wing conservative side of U.S. politics, one of the 'golden eggs' of anti-homosexual ads seems to be a 'where will it end? Will we have advocates for marrying chickens next?' or something to that effect.

This concept that 'liberals' are so incredibly immoral, that anything and everything is fair game. Plus the OP used 'The Europe', which is an error that either non-native English make (but the OP doesn't seem to have other 'non-native speaker errors'), so most likely it is someone who doesn't read enough to realize that Europe doesn't have a 'The' in front of it grammatically. Which would be consistent with someone who probably doesn't read enough to know how to check for authentic sources either, etc. Which is therefore someone more likely to use unchecked sources as facts, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 09:44 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,929,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
On the right-wing conservative side of U.S. politics, one of the 'golden eggs' of anti-homosexual ads seems to be a 'where will it end? Will we have advocates for marrying chickens next?' or something to that effect.
Ok, so that is the agenda. No surprise there.

I didn't even read those articles, but simply stated that zoophilia was quite common not too long time ago. But as you can see with some Catholic priests, sexual frustration might get nasty sometimes.

Yeah, it's legal here, but I don't see anyone humping moose up here. I think almost all people have quite the moral and sexual barrier for screwing animals.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:48 AM

990 posts, read 1,951,251 times
I can imagine that idiotic stories like this would be very popular among conservative groups in America who wants to demonize gay-liberal European countries as a "warning of whats to come"

Ironically, some conservative states in America like Alabama who has laws against gay marriage, allows bestiality.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:17 AM

13,495 posts, read 18,279,707 times
The above article was published in July 2013, and the original article in the Frankfurter Rundschau was published in 2012.

Considering that this is such an inflammatory topic, it is surprising that more recent articles from Germany were not available.

There are American states where there are no laws against sex with animals.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:27 AM

8,886 posts, read 8,522,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusPetersson View Post
Ironically, some conservative states in America like Alabama who has laws against gay marriage, allows bestiality.
Actually, there are many countries out there that just don't even think about zoophilia at all. There's no law that prohibits it or allow it since the beginning.
And most of them ban gay marriage.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:28 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,371,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yeah, it's legal here, but I don't see anyone humping moose up here.
Because humping animals is considered animal cruelty, which is in fact forbidden across Europe. Just because there are no laws explicitly forbidding sex with animals doesn't mean that it's allowed.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:30 AM

8,886 posts, read 8,522,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Because humping animals is considered animal cruelty, which is in fact forbidden across Europe. Just because there are no laws explicitly forbidding sex with animals doesn't mean that it's allowed.
Or maybe because most people are just not interested in bangin' animals.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:33 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,929,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
No, in Finland and Denmark zoophilia MIGHT be considered animal cruelty, but not automatically.

Not that I've heard of a single case in my lifetime either way.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:34 AM

6,477 posts, read 8,245,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
Bestiality brothels are 'spreading through Germany' as campaigner claims abusers see sex with animals as a 'lifestyle choice' | Daily Mail Online

Denmark's Bestiality Problem: It's Legal - The Daily Beast

These animals have no choice. How on earth can something like this be made legal!? Absolutely disgusting. If this is not a sign of the end of the world I do not know what is....
Have you seen this documentary? It seems like Zoophilia is an issue in the United States, too.

Zoophilia and the law in the United States

Old 11-12-2014, 10:36 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,371,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Or maybe because most people are just not interested in bangin' animals.
Well, that's fairly obvious. I just wanted to point out that there don't have to be laws in place that explicitly forbid sex with animals when there are laws prohibiting animal abuse. In my opinion, this articles are rather sensationalist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe