Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 09:07 PM

263 posts, read 568,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
the US is more violent than eastern europe as well

I remember they had a section of los angeles where they would shoot people driving by just to practice target shooting, this was in 2006, not only that the police in the US is notoriously corrupted and target people of color and shoot them at will with little to none repercussion from anyone!!!

anyone in the US can go to a store and buy a gun, (I don't feel safe walking around in a country where anyone can have a loaded gun in their hands)

Ghettos in Europe are laughable compared to the US ghettos
I'm not sure if you're trolling, but if this is a serious post then you really need to educate yourself about the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 09:48 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,813,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
..yes I think people in USA are mentally hill.. With the guns ecc..
But I don't care because it isn't really my culture.. Whatever.
I care for my culture and my traditions; the rest of the world ..has it's traditions.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:51 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,813,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
..yes I think people in USA are mentally hill.. With the guns ecc..
But I don't care because it isn't really my culture.. Whatever.
I care for my culture and my traditions; the rest of the world ..has it's traditions.
A person s o sure of what they have dont usually have a need to put down someone elses culture.Some like insecurity to me.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:35 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,261,740 times
I really cant understand the Europeans here pretending Europe doesn't have ghetto's and dangerous area's. I've lived in bad, poor neighborhoods most my life and am really glad i could escape that life.
Yes the bad area's in Holland are not as big and wide spread like some ghetto's in America, we don't have crips and bloods doing drive by's but that doesn't mean the area's here arn't dangerous.

The worst part i lived was in Rotterdam South. We had Shootings in our neighbourhood every week. I had dead people on my doorstep, gang fights in my street, youth gangs extorting shop owners, every day hellicopters flying over the roofs looking for weed plantations (they're on the flat roofs). No crips and bloods, but turkish maffia controlling the area, and yes they carry big guns. Most of our friends didn't want to visit us at night, and some not at all. My girlfriend at the time got harrasd every night by turks and morrocans gangs who thought she was a **** because she walked the street in the dark.
Our neighborhood bordered the Millinxbuurt that was the most dangerous area in Holland for years. Police was not allowed to go in the hood with less than two vans. When they had to arrest someone, were normally they would send one car, in this hood they had to send a whole team with shotguns dogs and everything.
I grew up poor, and lived in poor area's for years and i can tell you by experience ghetto's do excist in Europe. Lots of my old friends i grew up with went the "wrong" way, and some of 'em even died.
And what i experienced whas only Rotterdam. I know particular area's in France, Belgium, Italy, Greece are far worse.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:43 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,842,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmann View Post
You are welcome to take a trip to the neighborhood where I lived between 1984-94. It was once a pleasant family atmosphere. Police raids? Today the police wont even go into that neighborhood. I know you want to be #1 in everything but I have seen American style ghettos and sorry they are mostly trumped up by TV. Ghettos in Europe are not so glamorous. There is no "ghetto fabulous". No big screen televisions or big SUVs. At least in your ghetto they speak English and live in a contained area, here they are all moslem immigrants who dont care about what country they live in. Every year the bad areas spread out more. Here we have terrorists who were invited to immigrate to Europe. Tell me, how many people in your American ghettoes want to blow up the statue of liberty? And I am speaking about these richest countries in Europe like the Netherlands, England, France, Germany, and Sweden. Want to see the ghettoes of "middle income" countries of the European Union?

Do I have to show you the ghettoes in the poor EU countries? Its time we do something.
these pictures are from albania.... you have a silly agenda

Old 12-10-2014, 12:48 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,961,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
these pictures are from albania.... you have a silly agenda
The one you can see is Albania. The one with the link is Romania. Who are you talking about silly agenda? Half the posts you make bash either Americans or the US. It's getting really annoying having to read a sensible post, and then somewhere along the line you find a way to blame some problem on Americans or the US

Old 12-10-2014, 01:06 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,350,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The one you can see is Albania. The one with the link is Romania. Who are you talking about silly agenda?
Calling Albania, Romania and Eastern Slovakia middle income regions/countries was the propaganda bit. In the end it just shows that the situation across Europe varies greatly.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:20 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,355,977 times
Is this a competition about who has the worst ghettos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

Old 12-10-2014, 07:26 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,842,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer79 View Post
I'm not sure if you're trolling, but if this is a serious post then you really need to educate yourself about the US.
I am not trolling, it really happened

on interstate 5 around South LA there were gangs known to go up on the bridges crossing the highway and shoot people driving by as target practice!!!

The murder rates of the US are nowhere to be found in Europe, not even in areas like the Balkans

its a fact, the US is a violent society, while Europeans are horrified by violence and think nothing of sex and nudity, Americans are horrified by sex and nudity but think violence is the most common thing on the planet (just look at a lot of American music, movies etc.) on hollywood films they show a boob and it creates controversy and American feminists cry oppression and everyone gets their panties in a bunch, but they show people being murdered with guts hanging out and everyone is like oh yeah whatever!

Old 12-10-2014, 11:48 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,937,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
I really cant understand the Europeans here pretending Europe doesn't have ghetto's and dangerous area's. I've lived in bad, poor neighborhoods most my life and am really glad i could escape that life.
Yes the bad area's in Holland are not as big and wide spread like some ghetto's in America, we don't have crips and bloods doing drive by's but that doesn't mean the area's here arn't dangerous.

The worst part i lived was in Rotterdam South. We had Shootings in our neighbourhood every week. I had dead people on my doorstep, gang fights in my street, youth gangs extorting shop owners, every day hellicopters flying over the roofs looking for weed plantations (they're on the flat roofs). ...
Rotterdam's number of murders in 2013: 20 for 620.000 people.
Detroit's number of murders in 2013: 333 for 681.000 people.

Detroit has over 15 times as much murders than Rotterdam per capita. I agree with you Rotterdam is a total dump, probably even worse than the Bijlmer and the Schilderswijk these days but still nothing compared to US cities. I know how people like to pretend they grew up in the hood but it is still nothing compared to the violence in American cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe