Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: European Union, a fair union or a land grab?
European Union is a fair union 21 43.75%
European Union is a land grab 18 37.50%
I don't have an opinion yet I want to vote anyway 5 10.42%
I have a say of my own (please post) 4 8.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 04:50 AM

433 posts, read 405,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
In what sense is it a land grab? Could someone explain that?
Google/Youtube New World Order, Monsanto, chemtrails, geo-engineering. Once the populations mix into one faceless cultureless mass, that's when the land will be available for any powerful entity to grab and use it in any way they want it. Thanks God for Southern Europe, the cultural differences. Someone is trying to erase all that, even with a faceless, anonymous currency, called Euro. Only the € coins are allowed to express the country's identity on one side of a coin, but the banknotes are all faceless, completely uneducational, only the letter code speaks what country it was printed for. I got a lot of €10 notes with letter "E" (Slovakia) in Portugal. Can't find much "M" (Portugal). That's what Soviets did in the past by sending Balts into Central Asia and Asians into the Baltic etc. so to mix everyone up into one "Soviet" identity, so they can rule and control everyone easier. Yet such expressions of "culture" such as crackers on the streets, most of the tattoos and graffiti makes me want to vomit.

As I said before € should be used only for international travel and intergovernmental transactions. In daily life each country should have their own currency. Having € all across Europe is a land grab. Try declare independence in one of the US states and see what happens. Ukraine is yet another land grab by the powerful: it has very fertile soils for food production. Once taken over, Monsanto corporation will make sure all farmers lose rights to their own land. Read stories on Monsanto suing small farmers in India and in the US and other countries. Thousands of farmers in India committed suicides because of Monsanto actions against them. It's a land grab similar to the EU. Vote for your country's independence party before the EU turns into NWO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 04:57 AM

13,620 posts, read 10,022,774 times
What couldn't be claimed by war, has been claimed through legislation.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:10 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,077,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
By "them" I mean South European countries.
I mean how can you even get a "more competitive edge" dealing, say with such country as Germany? A country where you have so many technologically-inclined people ( and the modern world is all about technological development) with the likes of Greece or Italy? No matter what you do, sooner or later one ( Germany) will have to keep the other one (Greeks/Italians) afloat, and sooner or later one *engine* will start destroying the other one, because they operate in different modes to begin with.

C'mon man, you are European, from Russia, but European. Don't pay heed to idiotic opinions from people from Middle America that don't even know how to spell Colombia. They are inbred idiots that are born and raised in a Walmart. They think that southern Europe is Mexico, that they are Europeans and that they will fight a big Götterdammerung War to save "Aryans". They are totally nuts and lack an identity.

Whithout the EEC, inclusive disfunctional countries like Eastern Germany (that is the main cause of all German problems), Romania and the rest of countries that have names that remind of the former Austrohungarian empire, and that are farther from Europe culturally that European Turkey and many LatAm countries, Germany would not exist as a powerful economy because there would not be a market for their products. Except for very specific technology, most corporative, the rest is not competitive. The famous German cars would remain in their factories because in a REALLY FREE MARKET, they can't compete with Japanese cars, etc, etc.

Germany is not the ENGINE of the EEC, but the reason why EEC is an Economic Giant, a Political Mouse and a Military ANT that will always have to depend on the US for their defense. The reason why Europe was destroyed two times, not to mention what they did to the USSR, etc. So Germany, in the long run, is a disfunctional member that sooner of later will cause problems..and that will be their last time, and the last time of their infortunate neighbours, us included. They problem with German is that they are always "almost the winners", "they are the best but the world is against them". I have a relative that died some time ago that missed many fingers, he left them in a place called Colpino or a similar name. He fought to pay for the "debt of blood".

Last edited by Miserere; 12-28-2014 at 05:51 AM..

Old 12-28-2014, 06:02 AM

433 posts, read 405,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
What couldn't be claimed by war, has been claimed through legislation.
Exactly.

Old 12-28-2014, 01:02 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Yeah, I have also the idea that it's their ultimate goal. But still I do not understand who actually needs to mix European nations and what for...
There are different opinions up there, apparently ; some think that European bloodlines ( the way we know them in modern world) have served their purpose already and need to be eliminated in their present form, and some think that they are still valuable.
I suspect that ultimately it has something to do with Christianity, ( because Europe is the "center of distribution" of it,) and certain aspects of Christianity, that are not convenient in the modern world.

Last edited by Rozenn; 12-28-2014 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: English only please!

Old 12-28-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtocolumbia View Post
Google/Youtube New World Order, Monsanto, chemtrails, geo-engineering. Once the populations mix into one faceless cultureless mass, that's when the land will be available for any powerful entity to grab and use it in any way they want it. Thanks God for Southern Europe, the cultural differences. Someone is trying to erase all that, even with a faceless, anonymous currency, called Euro. Only the € coins are allowed to express the country's identity on one side of a coin, but the banknotes are all faceless, completely uneducational, only the letter code speaks what country it was printed for. I got a lot of €10 notes with letter "E" (Slovakia) in Portugal. Can't find much "M" (Portugal). That's what Soviets did in the past by sending Balts into Central Asia and Asians into the Baltic etc. so to mix everyone up into one "Soviet" identity, so they can rule and control everyone easier. Yet such expressions of "culture" such as crackers on the streets, most of the tattoos and graffiti makes me want to vomit.

As I said before € should be used only for international travel and intergovernmental transactions. In daily life each country should have their own currency. Having € all across Europe is a land grab. Try declare independence in one of the US states and see what happens. Ukraine is yet another land grab by the powerful: it has very fertile soils for food production. Once taken over, Monsanto corporation will make sure all farmers lose rights to their own land. Read stories on Monsanto suing small farmers in India and in the US and other countries. Thousands of farmers in India committed suicides because of Monsanto actions against them. It's a land grab similar to the EU. Vote for your country's independence party before the EU turns into NWO.
Yes and no. No doubt that Soviets were interested in mixing the population up to a certain degree, bringing forth the new "Soviet identity* (particularly at the first stages of the Soviet rulership, because a lot of people in the upper echelon were Jews, and they out of all people were interested in blurring the ethnic lines for understandable and justified reasons.) But with time, this idea lost the edge, and ethnic division remained in place ( being even reinforced in certain places, Ukraine for example,) and native languages have been retained in each and every republic. Russians wanted to retain their identity and thus they had to recognize the identity of other people as well.
However whatever took place there, had the clear explanation of ideological basis.
In case of EU, this ideological component is absent. So what are we dealing with in this case then?

Old 12-28-2014, 01:23 PM

102,189 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtocolumbia View Post

Europe formed a union in order to facilitate a land grab by US corporations, for GMO corn, etc.?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 12-28-2014 at 01:51 PM..

Old 12-28-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I would venture to say that the southern Europeans definitively lost significant influence in the southern and eastern Mediterranean when Napoleon put a definitive end to Venice and the Spanish Empire (but they had already been in long decline). Then, with his demise, yes, the UK, and since the 1850s along with France, and later the US gained the most significant influence. Mussolini tried to change that, but he chose the wrong ally (ever hear the expression "don't shovel shit into the tide"?)
Oh no, in this case I was referring to South Korea/Japan/Taiwan. *Somehow* I'm pretty sure that their success has a lot to do with British/US involvement, that they didn't pop out of nowhere on their own.

Quote:
That economic pressure was always there and actually benign. The new pressure was the introduction of hundreds of millions, if not billions, of new average wage earners into the global economy as industrialization spread. Look east and further east and south.
I can't imagine how the economic pressure of a giant with a huge unified market can be "benign," comparably say, even to Germany, that even if it creates something superior in terms of engineering like, say, cars, Germany will simply never be able to produce the same kind of sale revenues as America would. And if you add to that American expansion to China, that add even more of the US power of capital, that Germany wouldn't be able to withstand. So of course Europeans had to start thinking about unifying their market in response. My guess would be that it was the initial idea. What it turned into down the line - it might be a different story, because then it were already not economy, but politics that came in place.)

Quote:
You say that entrepreneurial abilities do not have the same value in Europe as compared to the US. Well, in the new global environment, the average wage worker, especially in countries like Greece and Italy, has even less relative value as compared to the rest of the world.
The "rest of the world.." where? Sorry, I don't quite understand what you are saying. Can you explain please?

Quote:
Money illusion has been an effective socio-economic policy tool for millennia, but, perhaps inadvertently in the events that followed, introduction of the euro blunted that tool for the southern European countries, combined with their own follies, naturally.
Yes, I think that in a bigger picture Southern Europeans came out as losers as the result of all these changes.
(Not a good thing in my book.)

Old 12-28-2014, 02:17 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,182,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
A load of Crap! The sooner Britain's out of it the Better! Vote UKIP! Or Conservative - As long as liberals don't get into power!
I live where there are many Brit ex-pats, and none seem to believe that the U.K. will not be all but out of the E.U. as a result of the March election. That while there is the question of a referendum that, in fact, public sentiment will already be clear as a result of the election.

And it is extremely unlikely that a Conservative government could strike a reform bargain that would satisfy Britain, because Cameron has alienated the several countries in the E.U. which also want the same thing. Quite bizarre to ignore your allies and supporters if you seriously wanted reform! (His actions in this regard have been so maladroit that I really wonder if he isn't engineering the U.K. exit, despite his public stance that he would prefer to remain within a reformed union.)

It is hard for me to imagine an election outcome that would not hasten your departure. The non-Brits I know already accept that you are gone, and the only real question is whether the U.K. will be able to negotiate a better trade deal with such a major purchaser of its exports than the "Norwegian option."

Old 12-28-2014, 02:43 PM

54 posts, read 60,397 times
Thank God EU will collapse in this decade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe