Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: European Union, a fair union or a land grab?
European Union is a fair union 21 43.75%
European Union is a land grab 18 37.50%
I don't have an opinion yet I want to vote anyway 5 10.42%
I have a say of my own (please post) 4 8.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 03:17 PM

433 posts, read 406,041 times

Advertisements

German power of engineering is a myth. At least partially. Take a look at the lousiness of DHL, both their services and their website. I thought UPS and FEDEX lacks, but DHL, is a joke... and regarding U.S. wealth, it's been acquired by a combination of theft with a little help from their economic hitmen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 03:20 PM

433 posts, read 406,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averted666 View Post
Thank God EU will collapse in this decade.
No it won't. It will rise above a volcano crater filled with hot lava and immerse itself into it with passion.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:20 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,349,096 times
Seriously, this thread is exactly why I joined city-data. The entertainment factor is exorbitant.

Chemtrails, NWO and DHL just in one thread discussing whether the EU is landgrabby or not? Just wow

Old 12-28-2014, 04:41 PM

363 posts, read 480,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Seriously, this thread is exactly why I joined city-data. The entertainment factor is exorbitant.

Chemtrails, NWO and DHL just in one thread discussing whether the EU is landgrabby or not? Just wow
This is like a walk in the park compared to the comment section in norwegian newspapers. it is not uncommon that weather, Dahli Lama, beer, cars and god knows what is part of the discussion when the article is about a new pizza shop.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:30 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,867,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post

And they still haven't explained the land-grab part of it, yet.

Old 12-28-2014, 09:21 PM

26,797 posts, read 22,584,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
C'mon man, you are European, from Russia, but European. Don't pay heed to idiotic opinions from people from Middle America that don't even know how to spell Colombia. They are inbred idiots that are born and raised in a Walmart. They think that southern Europe is Mexico, that they are Europeans and that they will fight a big Götterdammerung War to save "Aryans". They are totally nuts and lack an identity.
Sorry, I have no idea what you are saying here.
I don't think at all that Southern Europe is the same thing as Mexico, and I have no idea why Southern Europeans would be interested to fight the "Götterdammerung War" to save "Aryans" ( "Aryans" who? Northern Europeans or what? )

Quote:
Whithout the EEC, inclusive disfunctional countries like Eastern Germany (that is the main cause of all German problems), Romania and the rest of countries that have names that remind of the former Austrohungarian empire, and that are farther from Europe culturally that European Turkey and many LatAm countries, Germany would not exist as a powerful economy because there would not be a market for their products.
No sorry again - if there is anything you can blame Germans for, it's precisely the opposite - they are way *too functional,* and it has nothing to do with "former countries of Austro-Hungarian Empire" that, by the way, in my opinion are simply Eastern European countries and they are not less "European" than Southern European countries. Different, yet "European" nevertheless. ( "Europeans" are really one big, diverse and dysfunctional family of peoples if you ask me))))

Quote:
Except for very specific technology, most corporative, the rest is not competitive. The famous German cars would remain in their factories because in a REALLY FREE MARKET, they can't compete with Japanese cars, etc, etc.
German cars "can't compete" what?
The only reason German cars might not be able to "compete" with Japanese/Chinese whatever, in a "really free market," is because originally it's a European made and designed technology, which is better built, and that ( originally) was not meant to cut corners, unlike the mass-production of waves of whatever comes from the Asian part of the world (Japan might be slightly different, but even with that to say that "German cars are not competitive" is funny.) And as anything of higher quality German-made cars might be "not competitive" for a simple reason that therefore they are naturally more expensive to build. In the modern world of "really free market" initiated by the US, anything that of higher quality, will be stomped over and squeezed out of said above "market" by what's cheaper, of more mediocre quality, but brings more profits to the "investors" because of mass production and more sizable sales, because of the lower price.
(I'm sorry, I am talking about damn cars here not because I understand much in them ( I really don't care, ) but that's what I usually hear from the owners of German cars. They are praising them and can't have enough of them.)

Quote:
Germany is not the ENGINE of the EEC, but the reason why EEC is an Economic Giant, a Political Mouse and a Military ANT that will always have to depend on the US for their defense.
Of course Germany is the engine. Americans learned it the hard way, when they wanted to start the economic recovery of Europe after the WWII not with Marshall plan initially, but with Morgenthau plan, at expense of Germany. Soon enough they've figured out that Europe's economy couldn't recover without the recovery of German economy, for a simple reason that "tGermany had long been the industrial giant of Europe, and its poverty held back the general European recovery."

Morgenthau Plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The reason why Europe was destroyed two times, not to mention what they did to the USSR, etc. So Germany, in the long run, is a disfunctional member that sooner of later will cause problems.
I don't see it this way. It's rather the whole European family is a dysfunctional family to begin with - Germans simply "rattle the cage" in more prolific way.

Quote:
and that will be their last time, and the last time of their infortunate neighbours, us included. They problem with German is that they are always "almost the winners", "they are the best but the world is against them".
If I can pinpoint their problem - they take everything too seriously, life including.

Quote:
I have a relative that died some time ago that missed many fingers, he left them in a place called Colpino or a similar name. He fought to pay for the "debt of blood".
And I have been raised by the war generation. Enough said, but the way I see it - let the dead bury their own dead.

Last edited by erasure; 12-28-2014 at 09:32 PM..

Old 12-28-2014, 09:37 PM

26,797 posts, read 22,584,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
And they still haven't explained the land-grab part of it, yet.
My guess would be is that the OP is talking about ( former) *Eastern European* countries, or may be a "land grab" ( the whole E.U.) by American/Multinational corporations for their own profits/purposes.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:22 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,830,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Europe formed a union in order to facilitate a land grab by US corporations, for GMO corn, etc.?

And BTW, all those are banned in the EU.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:23 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
And BTW, all those are banned in the EU.
Yeah, I know. But maybe the OP didn't. Who are the 13 people who said the EU is a land grab?

Old 12-28-2014, 11:32 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,867,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtocolumbia;
Read stories on Monsanto suing small farmers in India and in the US and other countries. Thousands of farmers in India committed suicides because of Monsanto actions against them. It's a land grab similar to the EU. Vote for your country's independence party before the EU turns into NWO.
Here's the OP's explanation. No explanation as to how Monsanto would grab land in Europe, though. Or what Monsanto had to do with the formation of the EU in the first place.

You're not making a whole lot of sense, man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe