Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 10:34 AM

646 posts, read 465,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
No, I'm not even European. Why?
Just wondering on what kind of basis your opinion of Pegida was formed. Considering that you are not German or from Europe and probably do not speak German I assume you get your information on Pegida only from English-speaking (American?) news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 11:04 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,930,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliksder View Post
Just wondering on what kind of basis your opinion of Pegida was formed. Considering that you are not German or from Europe and probably do not speak German I assume you get your information on Pegida only from English-speaking (American?) news.
Yes, but also the English edition of Speigel. Why, is my view wrong? In what way?

Old 01-18-2015, 12:53 PM

48 posts, read 49,446 times
Artic Gardener

Yes, they put in the same bag all asylum seekers.
I read the following in La Vanguardia from Barcelona, rightist paper:

Backmann has a large number of criminal convictions, 20 burglaries and one cinviction as cocaine pusher. He fled to South Africa and was extradited and served sentence for two years.

The paper states that Pegida is a group that combines NDP militants, soccer hooligans and ordinary citizens.

It seems, according to this newspaper, that the mouvement is strong in places were people have no experience with foreigners and "ossies" that feel left out.

What I consider strange is the unanimity in their comdemnation, and some of the points are valid, such as the respect for the Judeo-Christian culture and laws to avoid the Sharia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe