Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 09:22 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times

Advertisements

Its available in the UK but I couldn't tell you if its any good (being English I'm more of a tea man). I do sometimes have a coffee if I am out and about (Irish coffee is lovely) but I do have to agree with Dunno in that coffee on a womans breath is really horrible, worse than smokers breath or garlic if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 10:07 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,464,114 times
thanks
i will have to see for myself
the coffee with cream looks pretty good

Old 04-16-2015, 11:21 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,887,778 times
Nothing against British people, but please you should really try some real coffee like a good Espresso and all your perspective will change.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:59 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
Nothing against British people, but please you should really try some real coffee like a good Espresso and all your perspective will change.
I doubt that. Even looking at pictures of it makes me feel ill. I can already imagine how bad it smells, and how bad everyone's breath smells. This is why I insist all coffee drinkers carry a packet of gum with them at all times. It's hard to put into words just how much I hate it.

Please, keep that coffee away from me.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:59 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,486,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
Actually I've never had Starbucks iced coffee. I have a gift card though so I could go try it out.

I usually get this 'cold brew' stuff from a local place called Spyhouse, or when I was in NYC from Grumpys. It just got warm here so the cold brew is heavily promoted.

Whole Foods has Stumptown in these little stubby bottles which I get from time to time: http://wp.stumptowncoffee.com//wp-co...tles-three.jpg
So cold brew is different from iced coffee. It is very popular in third wave coffee shops (here is an example of one in Orange County, CA: http://www.portolacoffeelab.com/who-we-are.html ) out in the West Coast of the U.S. (Seattle, Portland, San Francisco...as well as LA/OC...and now NYC/Austin etc)) Many of them produce their own cold brew through a style cold the Kyoto Cold Drip, which (as you can tell by the name) originated in Japan and hit the West Coast a couple years ago. (How Japanese-Style Slow-Drip Coffee Brewers Work | Serious Eats )

Cold brew = ground coffee brewed in room temperature or chilled water. Process takes around 12+ hours, but usually creates a coffee with less acidity, and therefore less bitter notes, makes it seem naturally sweeter.

Iced Coffee = brewed the traditional way, but it is then chilled.

Within the U.S., Stumptown (Portland base) is the most widely recognized cold brewer. You can find their bottles in most third wave coffee shops that don't make their own cold brew, as well as organic markets. There is a cafe near my work (in Anaheim) that has Stumptown coldbrew on draft, both in its traditional form, as well as nitro. (Coffee Goes Nitro :: Drink :: Features :: Paste)

If any of y'all Europeans make it out to West Coast of the U.S. anytime, I recommend you get your hands on some nitro cold brew. BEST THING EVER.

Some cats out in Austin, Texas are now starting to can their nitro. I need to get my hands on some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE_F1XEQwtI

Last edited by RudyOD; 04-16-2015 at 01:21 PM..

Old 04-16-2015, 01:21 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,464,114 times
i didn't need to know about nitro cold brew

THANKS A BUNCH! (already wired from today's cold brew)

Old 04-17-2015, 03:25 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
What makes you think you can't get Espresso coffee here? I know the 'ole stereotype about the British and coffee but trust me there is plenty (too many) coffee houses in the UK serving every type of coffee. I do occasionally have a coffee and have recently taken a little to a café caramella (I know, I know tacky) but I prefer to generally drink tea. Really I only wanted to mention the point Dunno raised........coffee breath is truly awful, I don't really know what can be done about it though.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:32 AM

3,573 posts, read 3,802,394 times
you can find it in all supermarkets here. dunno if it's that popular. i like it, but it's nothing compared to the real thing imo.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:29 PM

138 posts, read 130,581 times
Yes in Starbucks it is here. European countries just have their traditional coffee.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:31 AM

41 posts, read 47,667 times
Quite common during summers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe