Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 07:41 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
Would you say most people are believers or non-believers nowadays? Does it depend on the age of the person? Would you say overall they are more like Sweden or America in terms of how religious the people generally are?

Italians and Spanish are just as Catholic as anyone else on the planet, some are, some are not.
You can look up all the statistics you want but those numbers will be skewed because they are not up to the minute counting everyone on the planet.
Humans tend to fall in and out of their Religious practice or they will change the Church they attend or even change the Religion they follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 07:47 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Spain is not Catholic anymore.
keep out of discussions that you know nothing about.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:15 AM

44 posts, read 43,383 times
He's gone.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:51 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
keep out of discussions that you know nothing about.
You know nothing about Spain, you keep out. You've been there once, I was there 2 times and the second time actually stayed with a Spanish family, who were my friends and I'm Spanish by blood. So **** off little brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus10 View Post
Unbrainwashed

The entire population are Cultural Catholics. As to church goers and religious people, very few. But there's no animosity, just admiration for the Church's cultural legacy which is most of the artwork produced during many centuries. Most people do hate the intromission of church in civilian matters such as abortion, gay wedding and such.

The Catholic Church is a very powerful cultural and benefical organization, and people do love festivities but most people don't take seriously their mumble-jumbo. They are in charge basically of legacy, teaching institutions, beneficial organizations and such, so it's a rather temporal institution.
That's what I'm saying. Spain isn't a Catholic country anymore. Atheism is on the huge rise in Spain and there's no signs of it slowing down. Deny it if you want, but Spain is on the way of becoming an atheist country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN GENNARU View Post
Spain is Catholic, probably you are not any more, return back to The Mother Church, I pray for you, Avé María.
I've never been Catholic, and I was never baptized as Catholic. Thanks for the prayers, but I'm very happy being Protestant and don't have to worship a false idol.

Quote:
Spain is still very religious. There are statues everywhere and they take all the religious holidays off.
Just because there are statues everywhere doesn't mean people take it seriously. The pues are largely empty on Sundays except on the major Catholic holidays. Most Spanish are culturally Catholic, not devout Catholics. So, Spain isn't a Catholic country anymore. Mexico is, the Philippines is, but not Spain.

Quote:
He's gone.
No, I have a life, and I'm not spending every minute of it on CD on a weekend

Old 06-21-2015, 10:56 AM

I think he knows a little more about Spain than you. I actually think anyone knows more about Spain than you.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:59 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
The level of trolls are on the rise.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:12 AM

209 posts, read 304,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You know nothing about Spain, you keep out. You've been there once, I was there 2 times and the second time actually stayed with a Spanish family, who were my friends and I'm Spanish by blood. So **** off little brat

That's what I'm saying. Spain isn't a Catholic country anymore. Atheism is on the huge rise in Spain and there's no signs of it slowing down. Deny it if you want, but Spain is on the way of becoming an atheist country.

I've never been Catholic, and I was never baptized as Catholic. Thanks for the prayers, but I'm very happy being Protestant and don't have to worship a false idol.

Just because there are statues everywhere doesn't mean people take it seriously. The pues are largely empty on Sundays except on the major Catholic holidays. Most Spanish are culturally Catholic, not devout Catholics. So, Spain isn't a Catholic country anymore. Mexico is, the Philippines is, but not Spain.

No, I have a life, and I'm not spending every minute of it on CD on a weekend
You're hispanic... wanting to pass any image of the country that colonized your country. Forget this.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:23 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,262,503 times
Quote:
I think he knows a little more about Spain than you. I actually think anyone knows more about Spain than you.
Exactly, he lives on the other side of the ocean, just because he speaks Spanish he thinks he's in a postion to talk about a country he knows sweet fa about (excuse my French).

Old 06-21-2015, 01:45 PM

Aye, and saying he's Spanish himself.

Old 06-21-2015, 02:34 PM

2,672 posts, read 3,185,827 times
Quote:
Spain is still very religious. There are statues everywhere and they take all the religious holidays off.
Lol! Your description made me laugh!
Statues everywhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe