Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Greece Get Yet Another Deadline?
Unlimited, as they come 12 50.00%
This is the ultimatum for sure 12 50.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 04:52 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,393,092 times

Advertisements

Well, Athens is gaining more allies these last few days. The rest of europe is realizing that they are in deep *hit with a greek default and exit and also realize the problem lies with fraudulent banks that were feeding on the scam via lending.

http://rt.com/news/272461-tsipras-eu...ders-brussels/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 04:55 PM

To really understand the crisis and the master scammers (banksters) you must read this.

click here:

http://www.nationofchange.org/2015/0...ampaign=buffer

Old 07-09-2015, 05:09 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,456,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Well, Athens is gaining more allies these last few days. The rest of europe is realizing that they are in deep *hit with a greek default and exit and also realize the problem lies with fraudulent banks that were feeding on the scam via lending.

http://rt.com/news/272461-tsipras-eu...ders-brussels/
You are reading RT - short for Russia Today, one of the many websites Russia has propped in the hybrid warfare against the West. This website will only write negative (or paranoid, or their propagandist state TV's alternate reality) POV on the West.

These websites prop up near the top in your Google search not by chance at all.

Anyways, I suggest you stick to solid publishers - British, Americans, etc.

Last edited by nuala; 07-09-2015 at 05:49 PM..

Old 07-09-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
You are reading RT - short for Russian Television, one of the many websites Russia has propped in the hybrid warfare against the West. This website will only write negative (or paranoid, or their propagandist state TV's alternate reality) POV on the West.

You got to be kidding! The media of BBC, CBS, FOX and the likes? There are more lies coming out of their mouths in one minute that RT can't combine in a century! Don't matter that RT is based in RUssia. They have also offices in the west like in London, US and many of their reporters are americans that got fed up with their country and its absurd propaganda machine that wants to numb its viewers brains. You want to hear another different point of view that you couldn't even imagine here in the US which comes closer to the truth? Don't listen to mainstream media; everyone is coming to realize that in the US.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:27 PM

296 posts, read 260,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
You are reading RT - short for Russian Television, one of the many websites Russia has propped in the hybrid warfare against the West. This website will only write negative (or paranoid, or their propagandist state TV's alternate reality) POV on the West.

Lol what the hell are talking about Wow the stupidity of some people is.... lol, just wow. Is learning the truth so scary???
Anyway as you were so offended by the RT message & pointing your musket at your computer screen, don't pull the trigger just yet BBC ( British media ) link below tells the same story, with less scary words just for you.
How 'magic' made Greek debt disappear before it joined the euro - BBC News

Old 07-10-2015, 07:00 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Do people still care? It is getting tiring. Endless talk and "negotiation".

The Euro Zone doesn't seem to have a bottom line. If it keeps showing that it is so reluctant to accept a Grexit, Greece will keep taking advantage of that.

If the EZ decides to compromise again, Greece will definitely default again. And if the EZ can't survive without Greece, it probably shouldn't exist at all.
If the Grexit happens, the Greeks will not pay anything of their debt and ultimately closed from the international credit market. If Greece remains in the €, we might get 10-20-30% of the debts. Someday.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:20 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,293,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Do people still care? It is getting tiring. Endless talk and "negotiation".

The Euro Zone doesn't seem to have a bottom line. If it keeps showing that it is so reluctant to accept a Grexit, Greece will keep taking advantage of that.

If the EZ decides to compromise again, Greece will definitely default again. And if the EZ can't survive without Greece, it probably shouldn't exist at all.

the Eurozone is inherently problematic as it is a collection of economies operating under one currency despite huge contrasts in the nature of those economies

it simply doesn't suit the southern European members to have the same currency as Germany , the only way the single currency will succeed long term is if there is complete integration politically , a united states of Europe effectively

as for a deal , there will be one , the usa wont allow either Greece or Germany to cause another 2008 style crisis over mere principals , beit Germanys doctrinaire attitude to fiscal discipline or greek opposition to so called austerity

Greece will be treated as a special case for the foreseeable future , every few years it will be bailed out , all in the name of not rupturing what is a contrived form of grouping

Old 07-11-2015, 01:30 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,293,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
I agree, it's terrible what has happened but Greece is far away. Everytime I turn on the BBC news it's all I hear, I don't really care to be honest.

It isn't going to have any effect on me anyway as I am not in a eurozone country.
so you think the uk is completely insulated from the happenings in the second most important economic area in the world ?

Old 07-11-2015, 03:11 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,198,545 times
The BBC has reported on its web site that at the meeting of Eurozone finance ministers tonight that Finland has said that it will refuse to support a third bailout for Greece. If that is true, it will make it far easier for some of the Baltic and eastern Europeans who have expressed strong negative feelings to just say,"Neither will we."

Old 07-11-2015, 11:37 PM

156 posts, read 287,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
I agree, it's terrible what has happened but Greece is far away. Everytime I turn on the BBC news it's all I hear, I don't really care to be honest.

It isn't going to have any effect on me anyway as I am not in a eurozone country.
Hmm, your location says Londonderry so I'm assuming that's in Northern Ireland. Dude, Londonderry isn't exactly that far away from Greece for you to not feel any ripples.

For the sake of hypothesis, the distance from Singapore to Hanoi is roughly that from Londonderry to Athens. It's as good as saying people in Singapore wouldn't be concerned with an economic crisis unfolding in Vietnam, should it happen (though it isn't an economic body anyone would bother with).

If you want to talk about being far from Greece, then where I am is exactly that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe