Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 12:22 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,880 times

Advertisements

The more generations you look backward the harder it is to find any "pureblood" of anything.

Some have written about fluxes happening over thousands of years, but I doubt there is more than a even a fraction of a percent of europeans that can go back even 500 without mixing.

So whenever I hear an american going "I'm 100% italian ... bla bla..." on TV or whatever I'm thinking
"Yeah and I'm the white male mother of barac obama."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 12:13 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,032,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
The more generations you look backward the harder it is to find any "pureblood" of anything.

Some have written about fluxes happening over thousands of years, but I doubt there is more than a even a fraction of a percent of europeans that can go back even 500 without mixing.

So whenever I hear an american going "I'm 100% italian ... bla bla..." on TV or whatever I'm thinking
"Yeah and I'm the white male mother of barac obama."
EXACTLY!!!!!! Somebody with intelligence at last! Try telling Saxonwold or French User this (obvious) fact though! :-)

Old 07-27-2015, 02:52 PM

2,825 posts, read 5,266,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
EXACTLY!!!!!! Somebody with intelligence at last! Try telling Saxonwold or French User this (obvious) fact though! :-)
It seems you have never read my posts (or maybe didn't understood them) if you thinks that I'm on the same position as saxonwold....

Old 07-27-2015, 03:36 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,392,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikollen View Post
No one is 100% pure anything
But some peoples such as the Japanese have been genetically isolated for a very long time. This does not make them "pure" anything. It just means that over the past say, 3,000 years there was not alot of intermarriage between Japanese and other peoples.

In Europe, rural Russians in north east Russia, as well as the populations of rural Ireland, Scandanavia, some parts of Italy, and Switzerland and the Sa'ami are probably in the same boat at the Japanese.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:34 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,346,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
But some peoples such as the Japanese have been genetically isolated for a very long time. This does not make them "pure" anything. It just means that over the past say, 3,000 years there was not alot of intermarriage between Japanese and other peoples.

In Europe, rural Russians in north east Russia, as well as the populations of rural Ireland, Scandanavia, some parts of Italy, and Switzerland and the Sa'ami are probably in the same boat at the Japanese.
How on earth were the Swiss genetically isolated?

Old 07-28-2015, 12:41 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
People are not dogs. Pure blood means absolutely nothing and people over thousands of years mix all the time.

The "purer" is the blood, the sicker is the carrier goes as well for people than dogs.

If you have seen health results of dog breeds, most of them have lot of problems. Why people like to choose a dog with several health problems (knees goes out of places, breathing problems, bone stucture disabilities etc.) I never understand. Just look what they did for german shepherd, they caused injury to its back. They breed illness. http://webzoom.freewebs.com/fleetbre...manjan11-2.jpg. People are cruel, they make animal suffer entire life time.

Mixing is healthy

Old 07-28-2015, 06:40 AM

251 posts, read 396,561 times
North Russians for example have Finnic/Scandinavian blood. Some are even Russified Finns.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
How on earth were the Swiss genetically isolated?
Lots of high mountains make it hard for invaders and traders. Then factor in that the swiss have a historical reputation for being pretty fierce fighters both at home and abroad. Switzerland has not been conquered in ages and the popes are not the only people to note that Swiss mecenaries earn their pay.

Last edited by Cryptic; 07-28-2015 at 09:06 AM..

Old 07-28-2015, 09:50 AM

251 posts, read 396,561 times
I don't even consider Swiss a true ethnicity. They're mix of Germans, French and Italians.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcricket300 View Post
I don't even consider Swiss a true ethnicity. They're mix of Germans, French and Italians.
I think they see themselves as a singular ethnicity comprised of a confederation of mountain cantons. These cantons speak different languages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe