Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who does it best?
London 9 28.13%
Paris 0 0%
Barcelona 5 15.63%
Madrid 6 18.75%
Ibiza 3 9.38%
Rome 1 3.13%
Stockholm 1 3.13%
Copenhagen 0 0%
Berlin 3 9.38%
Amsterdam 0 0%
Prague 0 0%
Budapest 0 0%
Lisbon 0 0%
Moscow 1 3.13%
Krakow 0 0%
Other (Post It) 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 06:59 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,068,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You still fail to tell us why Liverpool is 'far better than the rest'? What EXACTLY does Liverpool have that say Manchester doesn't?
I told you. It has more of and better. The city is based on water which is always more attractive. It is "vibrant". Much of the city is centre is World Heritage Site zones - simple. Manchester is a rather dull overrated place to Liverpool. Manchester city council propaganda machines shouts loud, saying they are Britain's second city, which is laughable, until people go there and do not go back again. The city is actually quite small. A Munich Manchester is not. Manchester is not a destination city, neither is Leeds for that matter. Sheffield is do not go to city. The West End has a lot of "lookers" not much else. OK to eat, the pubs are mainly low grade bare floorboards type of places with exceptionally expensive drinks. I rarely go into the West End and I can walk there in 15-20 mins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 02:30 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
I'm sorry 'more of ' and its better doesn't answer any questions! More of what exactly? Better why exactly? What has world heritage sites got to do with it? Besides are you suggesting there are more world heritage sites in Liverpool than London!? Why is Liverpool so much better than Manchester exactly? What makes you think Liverpool is 'more vibrant'? I'm sorry John but all you are telling us is your preference with absolutely nothing to back up your claims?

Old 08-09-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I'm sorry 'more of ' and its better doesn't answer any questions! More of what exactly? Better why exactly?
If you cannot understand what I wrote then I cannot help you.
Quote:
What has world heritage sites got to do with it?
It is a physically nice place unlike other UK cities.

I have been to most UK cities and Liverpool tops the lot for a night out, even London where I live. You can have a good night out in London if you have very deep pockets. Liverpool does not have people going in staying in hotels for weekend out if it is dull and an unattractive place. I have told you this already. You can't figure it out. You do not even know what vibrant means.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:17 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,597,650 times
John - you need to put the Liverpool boosterism to bed. Not everyone is going to like it as much as you do and no amount of incessant arguing on your part is going to alter that. It's a nice city - anyone who has visited will attest to that - but it isn't everyone's preferred choice.

Please, just let it go.

Old 08-10-2015, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
John - you need to put the Liverpool boosterism to bed. Not everyone is going to like it
I am giving an honest opinion which is also based on fact. People flock to the city at weekends - the hotels will tell you that. I was asked by someone who has not been there. I told him and he did not like it and started to be mildly obnoxious, although he had not ever been to the city. I am not labouring it, he is. I do not live in the city, I live in central London, so I am objective.

The thread topic is: Best Nightlife in Europe
Liverpool is way up there for sure, and by far the best night-life of any UK city and can even match London. Some may not like that, but that is the way it is.

Last edited by John-UK; 08-10-2015 at 04:18 AM..

Old 08-10-2015, 04:52 AM

1 posts, read 788 times
Agya Napa in Cyprus is a party non-stop during the season

Old 08-10-2015, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieFincher View Post
Agya Napa in Cyprus is a party non-stop during the season
That is a seasonal holiday town, not a big town or city. But the thread topic did not state what type of place. The big cities have all years round night life.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:31 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,597,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
I am giving an honest opinion which is also based on fact. People flock to the city at weekends - the hotels will tell you that. I was asked by someone who has not been there. I told him and he did not like it and started to be mildly obnoxious, although he had not ever been to the city. I am not labouring it, he is. I do not live in the city, I live in central London, so I am objective.

The thread topic is: Best Nightlife in Europe
Liverpool is way up there for sure, and by far the best night-life of any UK city and can even match London. Some may not like that, but that is the way it is.
This isn't an objective matter though - it's subject to personal taste, like almost everything in the world. You might be of the opinion that Liverpool is, far and away, the best city in the UK for nightlife, but it isn't a fact - that's your opinion. Going around shoving 'Liverpool is the best' in people's faces while simultaneously running down every other city in the country is dumb.

Oh, and I don't believe for a second that you're a London native. Your posts are similar in style to this mad hatter character that occasionally appears on another forum I use, colloquially known as 'Mad John' - a Liverpudlian who pretends to be from all sorts of different places to make it look like he is unbiased and objective in his opinions.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:58 AM

185 posts, read 258,778 times
Madrid blows any other European city off of the water when it comes to nightlife.

London is just a big cliche.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:14 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,850,606 times
Glasgow has better night life than Liverpool.

And seriously? You don't understand why London, a 32 borough, mega city has this many votes? This place has every type of night life you could imagine. They are even opening museums 24 hours these days. Doesn't matter who you are - working class, posh, religious, someone with a fetish! from any continent, a rocker, a EDM fan - there is something for everyone. Best night life I have ever experienced bar Ibiza (which only caters for EDM fans and the like).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe