Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 06:59 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunsterB View Post
It matters because people that go to church or synagogues receive sermons, a lot of preaching or read religious-related media. You can detect Jewish or people influenced by Jewish media because their message is always similar.

It has to do with migration to Europe because many posters here are talking as if Europe was being destroyed by Islam, which is ridiculous as the problem is not religious. Their message is similar to the panic cries of many rabbies when Palestinians were fighting for Palestina.
Their Muslim religion along with their ultra conservative culture will play a large part in how well they as a group assimilate to Europe. I personally would like to see religion continue to decline everyone in general. I'm a social liberal and believe Europe has made great strides however now with Germany inviting with open arms a huge horde of people with a mentality from the stone age to live in Europe it will be interesting to see where it leads I only see conflict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 07:01 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
For the same reason why there are Americans hating Latinos and blacks in the US who they feel put white people on the list of endangered species
I bet it is the same kind of people who also care about the demographic changes in Europe. They like the past when they benefited from the privilege of being white. And every major change to that is considered a threat.

There might also be some nostalgia because Europe is the cradle of white/Western civilization. When that stops, the world will surely end

Old 09-17-2015, 07:02 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,564,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunsterB View Post
It matters because people that go to church or synagogues receive sermons, a lot of preaching or read religious-related media. You can detect Jewish or people influenced by Jewish media because their message is always similar.

It has to do with migration to Europe because many posters here are talking as if Europe was being destroyed by Islam, which is ridiculous as the problem is not religious. Their message is similar to the panic cries of many rabbies when Palestinians were fighting for Palestina.

? How so. Europe, mostly northern Europe, is successful because of its culture - which is mainly secular. If the culture changed (after all, culture is just voluntary, not genetic) - why would continued success be expected?
Religions are generally a dangerous force when it comes to a country's success and governance, they replace common sense and universal rights with parochial faith-specific ideas, extremism, faith-not-questions. Every single country in the world that leaves things up to God is a complete mess.

Many religions are entirely problematic. And Islam (which after all, is just an ideology like any other religion is) is hardly a respecter of universal human rights. Does the world need another muslim country? Another secular humanist country would be far preferable for peace, progress and happiness.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:06 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,564,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Their Muslim religion along with their ultra conservative culture will play a large part in how well they as a group assimilate to Europe. I personally would like to see religion continue to decline everyone in general. I'm a social liberal and believe Europe has made great strides however now with Germany inviting with open arms a huge horde of people with a mentality from the stone age to live in Europe it will be interesting to see where it leads I only see conflict.

Europe has become more and more secular, and agnostic for some time, and only good has come of that. Injecting religion into the mix is a step backwards.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:06 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
For the same reason why there are Americans hating Latinos and blacks in the US who they feel put white people on the list of endangered species
I seriously doubt it, and very poor analogy. The white population isn't declining in the U.S., the Hispanic population is very well integrated in the U.S., and race is a social construct not comparable to issues of faith.

In contrast, Europe's Christian population is rapidly declining, its Muslim population is rapidly growing, the two faiths are not well integrated, and religion isn't a social construct like race.

And obviously race-based discrimination has nothing whatsoever to do with trying to limit the influence of radical Islam on secular societies.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I seriously doubt it, and very poor analogy. The white population isn't declining in the U.S., the Hispanic population is very well integrated in the U.S., and race is a social construct not comparable to issues of faith.

In contrast, Europe's Christian population is rapidly declining, its Muslim population is rapidly growing, the two faiths are not well integrated, and religion isn't a social construct like race.

And obviously race-based discrimination has nothing whatsoever to do with trying to limit the influence of radical Islam on secular societies.
In terms of percentage "whites" are declining in the US. It is indeed not a racial thing as such, but the idea of European-based whites as opposed to Latino or Middle Eastern whites. Nordic vs brownish whites

One reason for Europe's declining Christian population is simply that a lot of people become atheists or simply don't give a crap about religion anymore. But they continue to live here, they are not replaced by Muslims, to the contrary, they are often the harshest critics of Islam.

One can't integrate faiths, but people. There is no way to integrate Islam and Christianity because they are inherently incompatible. But that doesn't mean that people of those faiths can't be integrated.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:32 AM

If Europe, Japan and some other countries suffering from that problem analyzed it and acted accordingly, things could change pretty fast.
Here in Portugal for instance, which is among the worst in terms of fertility, one can't blame people for not having kids. They are simply responsible because the government does not bring about conditions that would give kids a perspective. We are not in Africa where people keep breeding despite abysmal conditions. So if the next government somehow managed to improve conditions a lot, people might believe in the future again and have more kids.

With population we face the same problem as with the economy. We are not developing alternatives to growth, no idea why that is. Given our life expectancy, we only seem to have two options: either growing or aging/dying out. The US and Canada are still largely uninhabited, so there still is room to grow, but sooner or later they will face the same problems there. Populations can't keep growing forever, and the bigger they already are, the worse the effect once they stop growing.

Last edited by Neuling; 09-17-2015 at 07:42 AM..

Old 09-17-2015, 09:26 AM

30,378 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post

I agree, the Hispanics easily integrate into US society once they learn the language. The Muslim population, if they are loyal to their warrior faith, are like soldiers waiting for their orders to attack the infidels and subdue them. Very very different situation...I like our situation a million times better.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:43 AM

I also think that IF we need immigrants here, we should invite young families from Latin American and Christian Africa, maybe even from India as, oddly, Hindus are very compatible with the West, despite Hinduism being a very different religion compared to any of the ME ones.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:08 AM

3 posts, read 2,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I agree, the Hispanics easily integrate into US society once they learn the language. The Muslim population, if they are loyal to their warrior faith, are like soldiers waiting for their orders to attack the infidels and subdue them. Very very different situation...I like our situation a million times better.

Who told you that? That's crazy and similar to what Hitler said about Jews. Not true at all.
Europe has very few Middle Easteners, which are more western in outlook or fully westernized.
In Europe there are North Africans and Turks, but not many Syrians, Jordanians, Lebanese and Palestinians.

Syrians, Jordanians, Lebanese and Palestinians in Western Europe are very qualified people, businesspeople and not religious at all. Just like Iranians, Iranians here are generally professional and not religious at all.

In the US, they have many people from those countries, Arabs, and they are a very prosperous group. Not including Indians and Iranians.

I guess that the issue is comparable to the political fight between the huge Arab community in Detroit and certain media that attacked them constantly, when they are very prosperous and most are Christians, as 80 percent of Arabs in the US (Lebanon, Israel, Syria and Jordania) are Christian.

But certain Media always attack them notwithstanding their religion, just as they attack Christians in Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe