Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 08:36 AM

36 posts, read 35,060 times

Advertisements

Why?
Because the chosen people are not mentioned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 08:44 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apis2015 View Post
Why?
Because the chosen people are not mentioned?
I have no idea what any of this means.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:31 AM

24,590 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I want to know why white Americans are so concerned about Europe's demographic future when so many, if not most, of these posters' families are all in the US and have been here for at least 3 generations? I'm 2nd generation American on my mother's side, know the majority of my German relatives, yet I don't really concern myself with how Germany is handling its Muslim demographic seems like that's mostly the concern of some Europeans themselves, and Americans of European ancestry (whose ancestors came in the 1800s)
Because you do not care does not mean the rest of the US population does not care.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:38 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,177 times
IMO, I don't really see it as a CONCERN, but more of a case study.

Why should Americans worry about Europe's demographics? It literally means nothing to Americans - or many Americans - unless they have personal interests there.

I believe that some people are interested to see how the massive wave of Islamic refugees will change the European landscape, culture and Government. It's not a matter of "if it will change", but how much it will change.

To be blunt, to study this as a cautionary tale for us.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:48 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post

The Muslim population isn't has big in the US as it is in the EU. Also, the feds will come down hard on religious groups. Remember waco? They burned them down.
do you just post for postings' sake? how can you draw such a conclusion? please use Google to learn a thing or 2 about what exactly happened in Waco, or maybe buy a book

while you're at it - please learn how to make analogies

Old 09-14-2015, 09:59 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,294,969 times
Europe has been "invaded" pretty much ever since the neolithic.

You guys act like migration is a new thing. France has seen massive migration from Southern Europe, Poland, Armenia, and then from its former North and Central / Western African colonies, and we can also add a lot of vietnamese / cambodian people as well, and many others.

Germany has an extensive Turkish and Kurd population.

And England.... well you know England is already full of people whose origins are not european, right ?

Also, Europe is a lot more populated than the USA, so I can't really see it "disappearing" anytime soon. It's not like a few hundred thousand syrians are going to change a whole continent.

Also, the videos about Americans above are kinda hilarious. Some people in Europe are concerned about USA's policies or thik Americans may be superficial ? Big Deal.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:31 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,736,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
The US has also Muslim communities and they do not cause the mayhem you are referring to. Many are successful and and peaceful. Maybe the problem lies somewhere else than in just being Muslim.
I personally don't care how Europe handles their refugees.

However, you don't hear a lot of issues with American Muslims because the US is better at assimilating our immigrants. When people are assimilated into their new society, and are able make a decent living to support their family, they have a stake in the game and less likely to cause trouble. Europe has no clue how to do that with their immigrants.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:33 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
Why do Americans care what happens to Europe?
bek some of us remember ww2
More important later we were awake in history class when they explained how ww2 happened
Europe is being invaded by Isis and Boko haram claiming to be refugees

Old 09-14-2015, 10:42 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
Europe has been "invaded" pretty much ever since the neolithic.
Not true. There were no Middle Eastern tribesman invading and subjugating the Germanic tribes. Germany was fairly homogeneous. Upwards of 95% of people living in Germany claimed Germanic descent, and nearly 100% were either Catholic or Lutheran until very recently.

The insane justifications people will give (the Neolithic era! ) to justify the spread of radical Islam into Europe and to excuse the domestic demographic decline are just beyond the pale.

Next someone will claim that the saber-tooth tigers and T-Rex were no different than ISIS, therefore Europe has nothing to worry about...

Old 09-14-2015, 10:53 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times
Europe is the crucible of American civilization. Maybe that has something to do with it.

If you move away from home, even if you do not correspond with you mother and father very often, would you not be concerned to hear that squatters have moved into you parents house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe