Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 05:32 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,898 times

Advertisements

So is this the reason why German Chancellor Merkel wants to let in all these young Muslim men.
Merkel orders Cameron to support plans for EU ARMY in exchange for EU referendum talks | Politics | News | Daily Express

Maybe she thinks they will make excellent "Brown shirts"

Gee a new EU army manned by Muslims run by the Germans, What could possibly go wrong.

bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 05:52 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Wow. We need to be paying better attention to what's happening across the pond. Although, it sure would be nice to give back the financial burden of defending Europe to Europe.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:58 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,759 times
Merkel zweifelt an Ziel einer europäischen Armee | Nachrichten.at

Merkel saying literally the opposite in Basel. "I can't see the establishment of a European army happening in the the near future. Especially from a German perspective." She goes on with explaining that the dissolution of the Bundeswehr in favour of a European army would be against Germany's constitution.

Guess you shouldn't fall for every (non-)story of British tabloids.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:10 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times
Well she can go to hell. I'm British first!

Old 09-14-2015, 06:26 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,487 times
This is how Germany could take over Europe without ever firing a shot. Germany would own both the banks and the army. Genius if you think about it.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:33 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
This is how Germany could take over Europe without ever firing a shot. Germany would own both the banks and the army. Genius if you think about it.
Except that they don't actually want that.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:51 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
I think that Merkel is trying to push the UK out of the EU.

What Cameron is doing is looking for help so that he can win a vote on keeping the UK as an EU member. For that, he needs a few concessions. They don't even have to be big concessions. But what he seems to be getting is quite the opposite. It is no movement on things that concern the British public and extra demands like the whole refugee/migrant quota business. The way thinks are looking, I can see the UK leaving the EU. Of course, that might suit Merkel, who knows? But is it good for the EU as a whole?

Old 09-14-2015, 07:10 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I think that Merkel is trying to push the UK out of the EU.

What Cameron is doing is looking for help so that he can win a vote on keeping the UK as an EU member. For that, he needs a few concessions. They don't even have to be big concessions. But what he seems to be getting is quite the opposite. It is no movement on things that concern the British public and extra demands like the whole refugee/migrant quota business. The way thinks are looking, I can see the UK leaving the EU. Of course, that might suit Merkel, who knows? But is it good for the EU as a whole?
Well if this her propsal I would like to leave now! The Eu was founded as a trade group, not a country.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:21 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
What's the point of an EU army? There's NATO. Europeans don't even like or trust each other.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:55 AM

401 posts, read 534,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
What's the point of an EU army? There's NATO. Europeans don't even like or trust each other.
Exactly, Europe would never be able to stand united in a case of serious conflict.

This whole idea of an European army stems from Pro-Russian propaganda. They see a well functioning NATO - and would like a less functioning EU-army...it`s called divide and rule..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe