Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 08:41 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,876,278 times

Advertisements

But, the beatings were happening even before the fence.

Compared to what they endured in their own Country at the hand of fellow ISIS citizens (torture, rape, beheadings...) it may feel to them as if they are gently stroked...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 09:42 AM

324 posts, read 467,808 times
It is a difficult situation and no one can predict the long term consequences, but I doubt that these migrants will be successfully integrated into the societies that receive them.

Let's not forget it was an influx of "migrants" that spiraled out of control and brought down the Roman empire

Last edited by r_u_a_wizard; 09-18-2015 at 10:16 AM..

Old 09-18-2015, 10:24 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,453,797 times
This is a serious question.........

Amongst all the hours of video footage, shot by the world media who are covering this migration, have any of you seen any these people PRAYING ? I have not, and I have been looking for it.....

I am under the impression that devout Muslims are required to pray 5 times a day, every day.

Has anyone on this forum seen any indication of any of these people( usually men ) down on their faces, praying to Allah ? I have not.

Jim B.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:02 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,860,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
This is a serious question.........

Amongst all the hours of video footage, shot by the world media who are covering this migration, have any of you seen any these people PRAYING ? I have not, and I have been looking for it.....

I am under the impression that devout Muslims are required to pray 5 times a day, every day.

Has anyone on this forum seen any indication of any of these people( usually men ) down on their faces, praying to Allah ? I have not.

Jim B.
You don't honestly believe the main stream propaganda services are going to show these Muslims praying do you, beside that i'm sure there are allowable reasons to skip the call to prayer, like say if your busy throwing stones at border guards heads.

bill

Old 09-18-2015, 11:46 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
This sounds like so much hysteria. Some, but oh-eve is spot on. Want respect, act respectfully. Want treated right, treat others right.

oh-eve
Quote:
As far as I know, the refugees ran over the fences, tore them down, threw rocks at cops ...

so ...? now what??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Then they are doing all they can without invoking violence and dehumanizing them. They have a right to not have Hungary serve as a highway for tens of thousands of illegal immigrants. They have a right to build a fence. They have a right to not want to spend exorbitant amounts of money on this crisis. They don't have a right to beat & abuse people.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:53 AM

Ah, yes. My thoughts exactly. Eight century was not a good time for the native populations in Spain and France. Now, with modern sensibilities, the Europeans are inviting the culturally, and religiously polar opposites deeper into the heart of Europe. Modern day Trojan horse in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_u_a_wizard View Post
It is a difficult situation and no one can predict the long term consequences, but I doubt that these migrants will be successfully integrated into the societies that receive them.

Let's not forget it was an influx of "migrants" that spiraled out of control and brought down the Roman empire

Old 09-18-2015, 11:59 AM

If someone walks into your house uninvited, are you just going to welcome them? if so, why bother locking the door? Might as well leave your vehicle unlocked on the street. Your attitude is soft and amazingly naive.
Quote:
The Police have every right to stop this. But, the beatings were happening even before the fence.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:35 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
If someone walks into your house uninvited, are you just going to welcome them? if so, why bother locking the door? Might as well leave your vehicle unlocked on the street. Your attitude is soft and amazingly naive.
The Schengen Agreement says they have the right to walk thru the door. The problem is that they are coming in mass numbers and too quickly. If this was maybe 10% of the group trying to get thru, then this would not be on the news.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:50 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
The Schengen Agreement says they have the right to walk thru the door. The problem is that they are coming in mass numbers and too quickly. If this was maybe 10% of the group trying to get thru, then this would not be on the news.
But they do not have the right to resist detention. Migrants need to be detained and register in their first country they enter in the Schengen zone.

Hungary doesn't just have the right to detain these migrants, they have the legal obligation.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:09 PM

Well, you are correct as far as it goes, but then the argument falls apart with the acknowledgement of the waves of people. The Schengen Agreement was never intended to includes waves of people many, if not most without financial resources, from outside of the EU. it was intended as a unifier, open borders facilitator among the EU members and passport carrying, welcomed visitors.

Hundreds of thousands of people pouring across a country's border is against the spirit if not the letter of the agreement.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe