Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 01:32 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
It is not so much the situation today people are pissed off/afraid, it's more the process that is taking place. And those numbers you mentioned, they are just a drop in the ocean, millions more will come, later their family will join them and then they will breed like rabbits, coz that's what women are for in muslim countries.
Europe isn't taking half of Syria to Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 01:47 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

Old 09-28-2015, 03:04 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,538,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcrim View Post
The news we get here in the US is that western Europe is being overrun, people are being housed in train stations and refugee camps, refugees are shutting down major highways, train travel and borders. The reporting is very fatalistic, hence my question. Main stream media here likes to sensationalize. Thanks for the boots-on-the-ground information.
How actually stupid do you think various European governments can reasonably be to not understand some basic mathematic calculations and literally overrun the population with foreign bodies instantly? It's annoying sensationalism that will probably not affect travel for you in any major way.

Numbers in the thousands, to ten thousands, to hundreds of thousands sound large on their own, but dilute them into actual populations and you will realize it's really not such a big deal.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:22 PM

59 posts, read 58,875 times
People that watch and believes that media generally don't travel abroad, they generally think that the world is out there to kill "amooouricans".

Old 09-28-2015, 10:17 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
It is not so much the situation today people are pissed off/afraid, it's more the process that is taking place. And those numbers you mentioned, they are just a drop in the ocean, millions more will come, later their family will join them and then they will breed like rabbits, coz that's what women are for in muslim countries.
Yes it's understandable people are afraid. It's probably gonna be a problem in SOME cities, in SOME countries. But some people on here are making it sound like the whole continent is on fire and there's chaos and anarchy all around and all Europe is burning to the ground, which simply isn't true.

I've never made it a secret that I oppose mass immigration from Muslim countries, but some people here take it waaaay over the top. It's freaking annoying....

Old 09-29-2015, 01:32 PM

628 posts, read 2,045,474 times
Just got back this weekend from a trip to Warsaw/Krakow Poland, Prague Czech Republic and Vienna Austria. No problems or any spottings of refugees--I did see signage at the train stations as to where to go if you were a refugee to get help.
The only big thing was a public demonstration (against letting folks in) in Warsaw in the square with probably about 250 riot police in full gear ready to go--but even that went fine as far as I know and no one got tear gassed.

Old 09-29-2015, 03:43 PM

989 posts, read 2,856,530 times
Thanks for the recent info. We were originally thinking Frankfurt-Prague-Viennabut now I think we're looking at Frankfurt-Prague-Wroclaw. I've always wanted to visit Poland and I am slightly concerned about Austria- Germany border crossing (just how long it may take). We don't travel for a few months so we are going to remain flexible in our plans. I appreciate all the insight. I just need to avoid watching the news.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:27 AM

502 posts, read 655,555 times
I would be more concerned on what you are going to do in Frankfurt. I would not be in my top 10 cities of Germany to visit by a long shot...

Old 09-30-2015, 06:09 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,876,278 times
Default no about one third

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Syria has lost about half its prewar population (from close to 23 million to 12 million). So where did they go ? even if only one million went to Europe, it's already a lot for an overpopulated continent plagued by an economic recession. And that's counting only the Syrians, who are not alone ; there are hundreds of thousands of Afghans, Iranians, Irakians, Erythreans, Sudanese, Somalis, etc, from every failed state in Africa and the Middle east basically. To grant them shelter is utter Madness.
Those who advocate that mass migration say that "they represent a poltential wealth for Europe". I don't understand that statement : if indeed they are a "wealth" (of talent, entrepreneurship, "human values", etc), why don't they choose to enrich their own countries that are dirt poor instead of enriching the already prosperous Europe? I don't get the argument.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:19 AM

989 posts, read 2,856,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikebxl View Post
I would be more concerned on what you are going to do in Frankfurt. I would not be in my top 10 cities of Germany to visit by a long shot...
Just flying and out of Frankfurt. Renting a car and hitting the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe