Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 02:39 PM

1,523 posts, read 2,872,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
It is quite common, but why should the average person try it? The price for 1 gram is around 100-150 NOK (15-23 CAD). That is fairly inexpensive. Most of the marijuana sold in Europe is produced in Marrocco. The police have busted several marijuana farms here in Norway. The country has large areas of rural land and desolated farms (not compared to Canada, of course).

There is a certain stigma attached to marijuana users here.

I do not want to be associated with these guys (the annual marijuana in Oslo):
There are "potheads" who are obsessed with it, you know the annoying hippies with dreadlocks types, and then there are people who vape regularly or daily but you would never know because they are just regular people. In Colorado especially it seems like every other person vapes including businessesmen in ties, college students, IT programmers, etc. You really have no idea who does and doesn't unless they tell you. This might be because you can walk in a store and get a gram for as little as $5 so it's not that different from buying alcohol and you don't need to "know" a certain group of people in order to get it or risk trouble with the law for doing it.

Overall legalization has been a very good thing. Now the weed is regulated and inspected and people know exactly what they are buying, instead of getting it off a guy with only one kind coming from who knows where. It's also as cheap as $5 a gram and everything is good quality, you can get cookies, THC candy, oil, concentrates, THC drinks, and all kinds of other stuff. I got a bottle of CBD oil (doesn't get you high) which has really improved my sleep, but without legalization I'd have no way to get it, unless I had cancer and could convince a doctor to give it to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 04:18 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,762,862 times
No push for legalization of hash in DK, either.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:03 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,663,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Frankly, I think it's rather weird to compare those two drugs. Yes, the first one can make you seriously sick, but why should you glorify the other one?
I said lack of stigma, that's not the same as glorification.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:28 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,437,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
There are "potheads" who are obsessed with it, you know the annoying hippies with dreadlocks types, and then there are people who vape regularly or daily but you would never know because they are just regular people. In Colorado especially it seems like every other person vapes including businessesmen in ties, college students, IT programmers, etc. You really have no idea who does and doesn't unless they tell you. This might be because you can walk in a store and get a gram for as little as $5 so it's not that different from buying alcohol and you don't need to "know" a certain group of people in order to get it or risk trouble with the law for doing it.

Overall legalization has been a very good thing. Now the weed is regulated and inspected and people know exactly what they are buying, instead of getting it off a guy with only one kind coming from who knows where. It's also as cheap as $5 a gram and everything is good quality, you can get cookies, THC candy, oil, concentrates, THC drinks, and all kinds of other stuff. I got a bottle of CBD oil (doesn't get you high) which has really improved my sleep, but without legalization I'd have no way to get it, unless I had cancer and could convince a doctor to give it to me.
Sounds like it's time for me to move to Colorado!

Old 10-28-2015, 03:31 AM

212 posts, read 209,972 times
Agree, it will also grant new opportunities to farmers to grow good weed and make high quality haschich, not the one that comes from Morrocco.

Farmers here are squeezed to the penny, sometimes they must dump their crops and more speciality crops are needed. Wine and olive oil are not enough. I had lots of family that were into hazelnuts, they had to quit, peaches, they had to quit, arbequina olive oil, they had to quit, chicken farms, they had to quite as you need chicken farms with over 1.000.000 to break even..and now they are into "rural tourism", not a real solution.

Now, if their peaches and artichokes are stolen now....could you imagine the kind of protection that their weed crops would need, more so taking into account that they are 3 miles away from a large city?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe