Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 01:03 PM

23,857 posts, read 71,322,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Surely there's more to do in Norway than Akershus? I don't mind the rain, the fjords seem to look really beautiful even when it's raining.
I don´t know that much about Norway if I´m gonna be serious. I can only recommend a boat ride like the one you have already planned.
It can´t be that much more to do since all norwegians are vacationing in Sweden anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 01:44 PM
cup

15 posts, read 15,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
I don´t know that much about Norway if I´m gonna be serious. I can only recommend a boat ride like the one you have already planned.
It can´t be that much more to do since all norwegians are vacationing in Sweden anyway.
To be honest, they actually vacationing in Spain and Britain, USA and Thailand.

Old 01-23-2016, 02:02 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,183,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup View Post
That is true, but Sweden and Denmark are popular for families with young kids (0-7). It is a short drive to Southern Sweden and Denmark and both countries are less expensive than Norway. It is easier for families with little kids to travel by car than by plane. It is convenient, but quite boring for the parents.

Last edited by cmptrwlt; 01-23-2016 at 02:15 PM..

Old 01-23-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Surely there's more to do in Norway than Akershus? I don't mind the rain, the fjords seem to look really beautiful even when it's raining.
Akershus is county with few tourist attractions. I think I am the only poster here that actually live in Norway.

I would not spend more than two days in Oslo. The city is just too small and not that interesting for tourists. Focus on the Western part of the country (Bergen area). The most interesting hikes are too far away from Bergen for a day trip (unless you travel by plane). I am thinking of places like Preikestolen.

Old 01-23-2016, 02:13 PM

23,857 posts, read 71,322,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup View Post
Yet they manage to fool me when they invade my hometown every summer.

Old 01-23-2016, 02:59 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Who eats pork in Norway, anyway?

Stavanger, OP. Check it out online.

You're flying all the way over there just for 8 days? Why? There's so much to see....

Old 01-23-2016, 03:50 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who eats pork in Norway, anyway?
Why so confused? I have eaten pork in Norway. Pounds and pounds of it in many different forms.

Old 01-23-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Why so confused? I have eaten pork in Norway. Pounds and pounds of it in many different forms.
Pork is popular here, that is for sure. I am trying to cut down on my red meat intake, though.

Old 01-23-2016, 06:22 PM

990 posts, read 1,943,544 times
Oslo is a quite boring town, nothing special about it, reminds me of Gothenburg which is at similar size and also quite dull in my opinion. Unlike in Sweden and Denmark (where Copenhagen and Stockholm is the nr. 1 must see), the captial is not the highlight of Norway by any means, Oslo is just an average European small sized city. Visit the west coast instead, or the north, for the real Norway.

Old 01-23-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusPetersson View Post
Oslo is a quite boring town, nothing special about it, reminds me of Gothenburg which is at similar size and also quite dull in my opinion. Unlike in Sweden and Denmark (where Copenhagen and Stockholm is the nr. 1 must see), the captial is not the highlight of Norway by any means, Oslo is just an average European small sized city. Visit the west coast instead, or the north, for the real Norway.
That is also because Sweden and Denmark have nothing else to offer than their capitals. Denmark is just flat and windy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe