Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2016, 12:39 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,444,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Funny how Russia with possibly the best song got 2nd, while the Ukrainian weirdness was No 1 and Bulgaria picked the worst song ever, despite the good singer. It's like someone wanted to put the future "Eu member" as No 1 and favor other eastern European member while making fun of Russia 0_0.
Actually Russia ended in 3 rd position, the 2nd was Australia.

Eurovision 2016 Results: Voting & Points

Russia won televoting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 01:24 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,025,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urania93 View Post
Actually Russia ended in 3 rd position, the 2nd was Australia.

Eurovision 2016 Results: Voting & Points

Russia won televoting
Thanks for the correction.
Yeah well, how can I forget that Australia belongs to Europe...

Old 05-20-2016, 02:15 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post

What are you talking about? Famous UK bands are only famous in the UK. Infact, the UK hasn't produced more than other country ..check stats !
Same for the film industry. UK is number 25.

Beatles, Stones, Amy Winehouse or Adele...Maybe that is the only one we know.

Again and again, the UK did not perform well at Eurovision. 24th!
Perhaps you should have a look at this:-

British acts account for 1 in 7 albums sold worldwide - BBC News

Old 01-28-2017, 11:36 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
The Finnish entry will be decided tonight. Here's the youtube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5-y6L3u2-5AsSG

Old 01-28-2017, 11:42 AM

8,869 posts, read 8,452,657 times
Oh it's that time of the year again. The ****fest of horrible songs (I like Euphoria though it's a nice song).

It'd be hilarious if the UK gets boo'd for Brexit and then ends up last lol.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:09 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,444,163 times
In here -1 week and an half to the beginning of Sanremo festival, which will last from the 9th to the 13th of February. As usual, the winner will be asked to partecipate to Eurovision (but it can also refuse.)

Right now, as usual:
- we know the titles of the songs and the singers, but we haven't heard the songs yet. They will be sung live (with live Orchestra) in the first day of Sanremo
- according to the rules of the festival, all the songs will be in Italian language. Also, because of the general style of Sanremo songs, they are more likely to be really boring even for our standards.

About the candidates for Finland:
1st "Circle of Life": not bad, I liked the instrumental too
2nd "arrows": doesn't tell much to me
3rd "love yourself": creepy
4th "Reach Out For The Sun”: it reminds me the girls at X factor Italy in the last few years. (Even the girl we sent last year at ESC started with X factor)
5th “Caveman”: a little strange, but I liked it
6th “Blackbird”: if it was in Italian, it could have entered Sanremo
7th “Helppo elämä”: Finnish sounds really strange when sung... anyway, it is the only song which isn't sung in English, so it needs support
8th “My Little World”: I don't get it. Is a response to Austria's entry of a couple of years ago?
9th “Perfect Villain”: I prefer her song to the other girls above, but not the song
10th “Paradise”: not a fan of "One direction" like bands

Uhm, as a really first impression I would vote for "Caveman". At least it sounds different from what I hear all the day long in here.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:42 PM

The Finnish voting has been scrutinised for favouritism, gerrymandering and big record companies promoting "their" contestants and affecting the jury. So this year delegations from 10 counties give their points for their favourite which is 50% of the points. The other 50% comes from the Finnish populace.

The jurys from the foreign countries are: France, Iceland, Estonia, Spain, Sweden, Latvia, UK, Norway, Israel and Ukraine.

There's no Finnish jury at all except for the people.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:54 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,064,837 times
Jesus Christ, it's that time of year where they choose for the Eurovision. Just kill me now! 😩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The Eurovision Song Contest

Yeah, I'd rather watch an episode of Bagpuss. I bet even Professor Yaffle hated the Eurovision (he was a wise one).

Old 01-28-2017, 01:56 PM

And the Finnish entry is...

Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVwJ3PBr7WE

Suits me, oh.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:01 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,064,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You're just scratching the surface, what about The Who, Elton John, Genesis, Queen, David Bowie, Oasis, Blur, The Smiths, Deep Purple, Coldplay, Spice Girls, UB40, The Verve, The Animals, Manic Street Preachers, The Pet Shop Boys, George Michael, Lisa Stansfield, T.Rex,, Dire Straits, The Specials, Kate Bush, The Stone Roses, Iron Maiden, Small Faces, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode,, The Jam, Black Sabbath, Radiohead, Joy Division, The Sex Pistols, The Clash etc etc, these are all INTERNATIONALLY best selling bands and I really could go on! AmoroW I would like to see your list for 'other' European artists that compare.
Those are some great British artists you have mentioned there. But I bet, if even one of them entered the Eurovision, we still wouldn't win, due to the very biased voting system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Yep, we have One Direction. Europe doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe