Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:10 AM

162 posts, read 458,787 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm not sure if this has been done before, but I was just curious on people's opinions of the metro lines.

I wanted to know which is your favourite line and why? And which is, in your opinion, the worst to ride? And if you ride it to work (or bars), from what area to what area do you take it (optional)?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 10:28 AM

130 posts, read 362,417 times
Default my favorite

Would be the line that did NOT have 20-30 minute delays....or single tracking between X and Y.....so none of them.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:43 AM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,715,707 times
Favorite, Orange.

Most Hated, prob the redline.

The Greenline has the most crazies but it is rarely broken down.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:44 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,151,983 times
I don't really have a favorite line per se, if I had to choose, it'd probably be the red line. You've got Dupont, Van Ness/Cleveland Park, Adams Morgan all on the same line.

Least favorite is probably the Orange. I made the trek on Saturday to go see a friend in Vienna, and I was coming from Columbia Heights, the train ride was at least an hour and a half. I almost decided to get off and take the train back home...too much. And it's so far from civilization. After Ballston, there's really not much out there.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:53 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,242,900 times
I'm all about the mellow yellow. There are fewer people on it. Even when I used during rush hour it was never crowded. Of course since I work and live in VA I was going against traffic I guess since usually I was going from Crystal City to downtown.

Red is so crowded. So I'm not a fan.

Yellow also has fewer weekend delays. I can't say the same for the red. I remember when a delay on the red caused me to miss the last yellow back to VA. Being a black man trying to hail a cab that'll go to Virginia during an ice storm at midnight is no fun.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:59 AM

660 posts, read 1,705,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahales View Post
Favorite, Orange.

Most Hated, prob the redline.

The Greenline has the most crazies but it is rarely broken down.
Totally agree about the Red and Green lines.

Living in Rosslyn I prefer taking Blue trains over Orange when I go into the District, but only because they're usually far less crowded.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:06 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,458,574 times
The Yellow line. It has all of the ridiculousness of the Green line, the northbound trains terminate at Mt. Vernon during rush hour and weekend service is less reliable.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:09 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,887,405 times
I've been very happy with the blue line for my daily commute. It runs frequently, is clean, efficient, and I can almost always grab a seat. On the weekends, I've been pretty disappointed. There's always delays, construction, single tracking, long wait times, etc...

Old 07-11-2011, 05:04 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Favorite? Hm. Well the Red Line and Green Line are 'my' lines. But the Red Line sucks for getting from Bethesda to Silver Spring (or other such combinations). The Green Line has some awful headways at College Park off-peak.

The Blue and Orange Lines always seem to be going pretty well. I think I prefer the Blue Line out of all lines because it goes through so many different places. Far out VA, close-in VA, downtown and the Hill, then out to PG County. Serves me pretty well and I love the Morgan Boulevard and Largo Town Center stations (for their architecture at least).

My least favorite is probably the Yellow Line simply because when I'm trying to get to College Park off-peak I always end up missing a Green Line train and have to wait for a Yellow Line train to pass before a Green one comes.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:17 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,715,221 times
Red line would have to be my least favorite. It's the only line that doesn't come near my house (I know, poor baby, but I hate transferring) and it always seems to be having problems when I do use it. I don't know if I have a "favorite", but I tend to use the orange/blue lines the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC