Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 10:15 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,565,877 times

Advertisements

Peer79, stop talking in the name of "academia" without giving any links.

You obviously are prejudiced againt Balkan Slavs, who are lesser Slavic than today Greeks, according to genetic studies carried out by the Swiss Igenea institute:

Albania:
30% Illyrian
20% Slavs
18% Thracian
15% Phoenician
14% Hellenic
02% Vikings

Greece:
35% Hellenic
20% Slavs
20% Phoenician
10% Illyrian
10% Germanic
05% Macedonian (but in Aegean Macedonia, more than 18%)

Bulgaria:
49% Thracian
15% Slavs
15% Hellenic
11% Macedonian
05% Phoenician

Macedonia:
30% Macedonian
20% Germanic
15% Hellenic
15% Slavs
10% Illyrian
05% Phoenician
05% Hunnic

iGENEA forum: Ancient Macedonians

What matters is that Greeks hold territory that belongs to Slavs, as the maps I previously posted show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 06:04 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,394,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARPATHIAN View Post

You obviously are prejudiced againt Balkan Slavs, who are lesser Slavic than today Greeks, according to genetic studies carried out by the Swiss Igenea institute:

Albania:
30% Illyrian
20% Slavs
18% Thracian
15% Phoenician
14% Hellenic
02% Vikings

Greece:
35% Hellenic
20% Slavs
20% Phoenician
10% Illyrian
10% Germanic

Bulgaria:
49% Thracian
15% Slavs
15% Hellenic
11% Macedonian
05% Phoenician

Macedonia:
30% Macedonian
20% Germanic
15% Hellenic
15% Slavs
10% Illyrian
05% Phoenician
05% Hunnic

What matters is that Greeks hold territory that belongs to Slavs, as the maps I previously posted show.
TO STATE THAT TODAY'S GREEKS ARE MORE SLAVS THAT THEIR NORTHERN NEIGHBORS IS LAUGHABLE, IDIOTIC, PROPAGANDA AND HATRED.

THIS IS TOTAL TRASH and HOGWASH and you don't provide info that is worthy of anything or states how the studies were done. There's no way to decipher or conclude that all these groups are separate and distinct from each other. I like how Phoenician is included in this LOL. This study is biased and ethnocentric to the core and you are taking this conversation to an extreme. Oh yah, you forgot that Macedonian=Greek and not a distinct and separate peoples a fact that is constantly proven by the science and history community.

I have provided highly scientific studies with data that prove the distinctness of only Greeks and their DNA.
Also, one can make maps as the ones you provided and hundreds of such propaganda maps can be found of the Balkans drawn by a group's ethnocentric desires and aspirations and YOU know it.

As the academic Peer79 stated the Slavs made a late appearance in the southern Balkans and adapted to what they found and speaks from what is common knowledge in his community. He studies this and made correct points and emphasized not so much the mixing of peoples as the ethnos and culture thats been around for thousands of years.

It is precisely such pathetic lies and aspirations that stops Greece from recognizing a pseudo wanna be nation from calling itself "Macedonia".
A wanna be nation that is 40% ethnic Albanian and multiplying fast by the way.

Sure, you are about to tell me that the slavs are ancient in that region and Alexander was their ancestor and spoke slavic. I guess you believe that the sun rises from the west also but you can believe whatever you want

Last edited by WildWestDude; 09-07-2013 at 06:55 AM..

Old 09-07-2013, 06:40 AM

228 posts, read 367,760 times
Quote:
The Greeks of Antiquity (those from Athens, Peloponnese etc) were not speaking Greek since forever. They were of different origins and were Hellenized (adopted a Proto-Greek language) only in Bronze Age. (some 1,500-2,000 years ago). Previously, this populations were speaking non-Indoeuropean languages.

Macedonians have been Hellenized much more later, during Alexander the Great most of the people were still speaking ancient Macedonian, a language closer to Thracian and Illyrian than to Greek:
Ancient Macedonian Language - a distinct Indo-European language
Is this a joke? the Bronze Age is not 1.500-2.000 years ago, that's Late Antiquity. And if you think that Greek started to be spoken 1.500 years ago may I presume you've never heard of Linear B, Plato and Homer? I mean seriously your post is laughably ignorant

Last edited by Sofi32; 09-07-2013 at 06:50 AM..

Old 09-07-2013, 07:25 AM

[quote=CARPATHIAN;31305914]

Quote:
Macedonians have been Hellenized much more later, during Alexander the Great most of the people were still speaking ancient Macedonian, a language closer to Thracian and Illyrian than to Greek:
Ancient Macedonian Language - a distinct Indo-European language
Good point Sofi. Carpathian does not know what he is talking about once again. He's mind is filled with old ethnocentered BS like many people of the Balkans are. The Turkish past presence allowed for this .

The only culture that remains through the ages is the one of Greece.

I like that this FYROM based link states that Ancient Macedonian was a separate language "but there's not one sentence that remains" written or spoken LOL
HOGWASH again!

Greek was the only language spoken by the Macedonians because they were Greek. You won't speak Japanese unless you're from Japan would you?

Last edited by WildWestDude; 09-07-2013 at 07:37 AM..

Old 09-07-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofi32 View Post
Is this a joke? the Bronze Age is not 1.500-2.000 years ago, that's Late Antiquity. And if you think that Greek started to be spoken 1.500 years ago may I presume you've never heard of Linear B, Plato and Homer? I mean seriously your post is laughably ignorant
You may wanted to have said early antiquity, anyway, that is wrong too.

Bronze Age started at various moments in different parts of the world and I refered to the period when the territory of today Greece was colonized with Mycenaneans, and which coresponds with Bronze Age in Greece:

Bronze Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homer is a legendary, probably inexisting character.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:59 AM

263 posts, read 568,116 times
Quote:

Albania:
30% Illyrian
20% Slavs
18% Thracian
15% Phoenician
14% Hellenic
02% Vikings

Greece:
35% Hellenic
20% Slavs
20% Phoenician
10% Illyrian
10% Germanic

Bulgaria:
49% Thracian
15% Slavs
15% Hellenic
11% Macedonian
05% Phoenician

Macedonia:
30% Macedonian
20% Germanic
15% Hellenic
15% Slavs
10% Illyrian
05% Phoenician
05% Hunnic

The fact that you present these genetic studies which delineate extinct ethnic groups such as Phoenicians and Huns tells me two things:

1) These genetic studies are not widely accepted by academia and are likely the type utilized by Internet propagandists.
2) You are not a trained historian.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:18 AM

228 posts, read 367,760 times
Quote:

Bronze Age started at various moments in different parts of the world and I refered to the period when the territory of today Greece was colonized with Mycenaneans, and which coresponds with Bronze Age in Greece:

1.500 years ago is Late Antiquity, I presume you meant 1.500 BC which is indeed Bronze Age.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:

this guy likes to divide and separate things to make his points. An old deceiving trick to forward lies and half truths.
The Myceneaens were not colonizers but older Greeks. Just proves Carpathians anti-hellenic beliefs and will bash anything that's Greek such as Homer

Last edited by WildWestDude; 09-07-2013 at 08:34 AM..

Old 09-07-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer79 View Post
The fact that you present these genetic studies which delineate extinct ethnic groups such as Phoenicians and Huns tells me two things:

1) These genetic studies are not widely accepted by academia and are likely the type utilized by Internet propagandists.
2) You are not a trained historian.
Phoenicians and Huns are simplified terms for Near East and Far East peoples.

1). Check this study done by academia:
Paternal and maternal lineages in the Balkans show a homogeneous landscape over linguistic barriers, except for the isolated Aromuns. It basically shows the same thing as the Igenea study: Balkan population is genetically homogenous, not great difference between Slavs, Greeks etc.

2). What you say is the fallacy of the argument from authority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofi32 View Post
1.500 years ago is Late Antiquity, I presume you meant 1.500 BC which is indeed Bronze Age.
Ah, sorry, yes, this is what I wanted to say.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:19 AM

Whatever you say is not valid because your sources don't provide proper data and follow propaganda ideals. There are numerous other studies that will nullify anything you like to believe. If anything, the Greeks were around before anybody else at least in any civilized form and not cavemen like so the Greek presence would be more prevalent in DNA studies as urban civilization allowed for a bigger population. Syracuse had a population of 250,000 Greeks for example. End of conversation as far as genetics and asides this is off the original topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe