Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2021, 06:50 AM

146 posts, read 88,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
WTF does that even mean!?

What has 'cleaning up the UK' got to do with anything?

Where on earth have I ever decided that I'm somehow 'special'!!?

By thinking you somehow have control or authority over how Americans handle categorization. You don’t. In circumstances like this gracefully learn when to shut your mouth.

That’s all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 06:52 AM

146 posts, read 88,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
No, they are not considered a de facto race. I don't think many Americans consider a Mexican Mayan, a black Dominican and white Argentinian to all be of the same race. If they are classed as a separate ethnic group it is because they want to be.
And of those Spanish speakers identity with each others along cultural lines they can if they want to, and perhaps they realize as immigrants and Spanish speakers in the US context they have similar needs. Neither white Americans nor British are gods or have any exclusive naming rights. Get over yourselves.

Old 10-26-2021, 07:28 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,047,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachboy98 View Post
You comment out of rudeness and arrogance.

England does not set world standards and there is no reason
For someone not English to give a damn about world standards
WTF!! Where exactly did I even remotely say 'England (surely you mean the UK?) sets 'world standards!)??

Old 10-26-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachboy98 View Post
By thinking you somehow have control or authority over how Americans handle categorization. You don’t. In circumstances like this gracefully learn when to shut your mouth.

That’s all.
WTF! Where EXACTLY did I ever say anything like that!!??

Old 10-26-2021, 08:11 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,911,612 times
Miscegenation was illegal in many states in the USA it wasn't until 1967 with the Supreme court decision of Loving vs Virginia that all anti-miscegenation laws were decreed unconstitutional. I don't know if anti-miscegenation laws existed anywhere in Europe. 1967 is fairly recent.

Old 10-26-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Miscegenation was illegal in many states in the USA it wasn't until 1967 with the Supreme court decision of Loving vs Virginia that all anti-miscegenation laws were decreed unconstitutional. I don't know if anti-miscegenation laws existed anywhere in Europe. 1967 is fairly recent.
I don't think that anti-miscegenation laws have ever existed in the UK, I don't know about the rest of Europe.

https://qz.com/1279306/royal-wedding...ual-in-the-uk/

It seems that 'white' guys in a relationship with 'mixed race' women (our particular dynamic) is more common here than 'white' guys in a relationship with 'black' women. I think 'white' ladies are more likely to be in a relationship with 'black' guys than 'black' ladies are with 'white' guys.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:09 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,572,736 times
A useful commentary from the American Association for the Advancement of Science puts the use of the term Hispanic in perspective. Americans here are only using terms the US government uses.

Quote:
Since 2000, the population growth of Latino Americans has accounted for more than half of the total population growth in the United States. According to U.S. Census projections, the United States will be a majority minority nation by 2044, when non-Hispanic whites will make up just under 50% of the population, compared with approximately 25% for Hispanics, 13% for Blacks, 8% for Asians, and 4% for multi-racial people. Non-Hispanic whites currently make up approximately 58% of the U.S. population.
https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/932338

Old 10-26-2021, 09:43 AM

28,687 posts, read 18,829,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I was in middle school and just beginning to date at the time.

Old 10-26-2021, 10:38 AM

14,347 posts, read 11,742,689 times
Quote:
It seems that 'white' guys in a relationship with 'mixed race' women (our particular dynamic) is more common here than 'white' guys in a relationship with 'black' women. I think 'white' ladies are more likely to be in a relationship with 'black' guys than 'black' ladies are with 'white' guys.
It's the same here in that black man/white woman is more common than the reverse.

But on the other hand, white man/Asian woman is much more common than the reverse. Very, very common in California.

Old 10-26-2021, 11:19 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times
Quote:
I'm NOT, you may remember when I brought this up it was particularly relevant to the post I was talking about at the time!! Its 'other' dare I say Americans on here that are making a bit thing about it!! Also everytime I mention the relationship in my personal life you start coming back at me about US interational relationships, its like you're constantly trying to expunge our relationship!? What is your problem here Kathryn?
I don't get what you're saying at all. I don't have a problem. Sorry to disappoint you! I also don't know what an interational relationship is and I can't imagine what you mean by "like you're constantly trying to expunge our relationship." Wow! Strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe