Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 11:32 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times

Advertisements

"19 Ore. football players treated for muscle injury"

19 Ore. football players treated for muscle injury - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100823/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbh_players_hospitalized - broken link)

I HAVE to. I think they took something and are lying about it. Thats just far to many to not and I remember back in school kids were always swapping crap for football and were pact secretive about it. Maybe it was the air's temperature they were working out in..but maybe not.

Just another reason not to take supps! Wouldn't that be horrible if you lost a limb because you were trying to push too hard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 01:50 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Just another reason not to take supps!
So you're taking a situation that is almost completely unheard of in the sports world and using it as proof that you shouldn't take supplements that have been available for decades.

That's about as asinine as the people who think taking those supplements will magically make them Greek Gods.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:23 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
So you're taking a situation that is almost completely unheard of in the sports world and using it as proof that you shouldn't take supplements that have been available for decades.

That's about as asinine as the people who think taking those supplements will magically make them Greek Gods.
To me, high school players who are going through their summer paces are ideal candidates for creatine supplementation, but they are also ideal candidates for taking enormous doses that are completely inconsistent with the manufacturers recommendations.

That was actually the first thing I thought when I read that article. It seemed to me as though the journalist was sort of leading the reader to blame the coach, but I would bet that these kids are all about 400% overdosed and there may be anabolic steroids involved.

Just my thinking.

I'm not seeing that this is necessarily a reason not to take supplements; my take-home is that passionate kids who are heavily influenced by the group dynamics of, for example, a sports team need supervision.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I'm not seeing that this is necessarily a reason not to take supplements; my take-home is that passionate kids who are heavily influenced by the group dynamics of, for example, a sports team need supervision.
I agree 100%.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:12 AM

24 posts, read 58,399 times
I think they take supps but they don't share it with anyone..

Old 08-25-2010, 01:32 PM

Little kids should not take anything but food and hydration. Not drugs. All elements (even food) can create chromosome damage and if its working, its at a toxic level. Its nothing something teens should try while they are developing. And also because they lack the experience to know limits and the drugs are studied on adults. NOT pediatrics.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Little kids should not take anything but food and hydration. Not drugs. All elements (even food) can create chromosome damage and if its working, its at a toxic level. Its nothing something teens should try while they are developing. And also because they lack the experience to know limits and the drugs are studied on adults. NOT pediatrics.
Depends on what they were taking, if anything.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:08 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Quote:
What do you think they used? I used Creatine and Whey Protein from 15 on...and have never had any problems.

I know TREN is popular now, but I have never used it and don't know anything about it.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:53 PM

The numbers the had were CRAZY high.

I never head of tren but google's results were rather funny:

Gy-Na-Tren Vaginal by Natren - NI-1035 - at The Vitamin Shoppe

LOL

I have no idea what they used but it just looks fishy with 19 down. I wonder if they will ever report an update on this story. Also the one kid they interviews slowly closed his eyes and sorta batted them as he said he did not take anything. I have to wonder if it was like a mix with it in it and they just ate it without really thinking about the limits. I know if I was in football and wanted to play in college etc I would be s-ing my pants, praying while wearing 234 rosary beads waiting for my limbs to go down. I did not even know that condition existed. Thats crazy that you can literally exercise your legs off.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:10 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Sounds like dehydration or heat stroke, to me. Creatine could lead to dehydration if you are an idiot and don't drink at least 1/2 gallon of water a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness