Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 07:46 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Yea, sounds like you haven't had gay dudes hit on you as you are leaving the gym.
Actually it did happen to me a couple of times.

Guess what???!!!! I was flattered that some people still find me attractive. No, I was not interested in hooking up with anyone from the gym; but I was not offended at all by someone else being interested in me whether male or female, straight or gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 12:06 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,973,693 times
Its different when they see you naked...big difference.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:03 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
I shower at the gym. I'm female. If some other woman wants to check me out, let her. No skin off my nose. *shrug* I am not afraid of germs either.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:11 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
showering at the gym is for perverted old guys. when im in the locker room it looks to me like when guys get old they turn into homosexuals and have really tiny shlongs.

i dont do cardio, i just lift so i sweat very little to none.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:28 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
When you go to the gym for a work out, do you use the shower afterward?

I've noticed that a lot of the mostly younger guys do not. Even though they are sweaty they put on their street clothes.

As an aging middle-aged guy I remember throughout high school we were required to shower after Phys Ed class. To me it's no big deal to use communal showers. Times are changing and I think a lot of younger guys refuse to get undressed or - horrors! - use the shower lest someone catches a glimpse of their junk.

A buddy of mine, also middle-aged, claims that when we were growing up during the Vietnam War era, "society" or "the government" had an interest in programming us boys into being comfortable when naked around other guys as a preparation for military conscription. I'm a bit skeptical about that theory.

My take is a lot of guys would rather shower at home because they don't want to catch athlete's foot fungus.

Personally I would rather shower at the gym and use up all their hot water!
I go to my athletic facility about three times a week. I never use the shower. In fact, I never change my clothes there. I don't like for other men to see me nude. I don't know why I feel this way, but I do. I likewise do not want to see a nude man. If the nude man is in good physical shape, then I get jealous. If he's a fatass, then I'm grossed. Also, I don't like other men to even suspicion that I have glanced at them. So I make a special effort to look the other way whenever a nude guy is around. This can actually get kind of dangerous when I am walking while averting my eyes from some naked guy who is standing somewhere in front of me. As of yet I have not tripped over a gym bag, but I've come close. If all that weren't enough, I get the heeby-jeebies just looking at the wooden benches in front of the lockers. How many naked, not-so-clean butts have perched themselves on those dingy planks of wood? I don't even want to think about it. Maybe if I'd been in the Armed Forces I'd be okay with men's locker rooms and male nudity, but I've been a civilian all my life.

So whenever I feel the need to work-out, I go home first and put on my work-out clothes. I then carry a fresh shirt to change into. I then go home to shower. I do go into the locker room to change into my clean shirt. But I pull on the fresh shirt hurriedly.

Last edited by GalileoSmith; 02-08-2011 at 02:39 PM..

Old 02-08-2011, 06:17 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,347 times
I'm pee shy. How am I supposes to pee in the shower if there is another dude standing beside me???

Old 02-09-2011, 06:45 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
My building has a gym in it so I can just go upstairs to my apartment and shower. I never showered in any public shower though. The gym in the building has sanitizer sprays at every station and they replace any worn rubberized grips or weights as soon as it happens it seems. Everything always looks brand new.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:49 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
showering at the gym is for perverted old guys. when im in the locker room it looks to me like when guys get old they turn into homosexuals and have really tiny shlongs.

i dont do cardio, i just lift so i sweat very little to none.

So *they're* the homosexuals, but you find *yourself* checking out their packages. Interesting....

Old 02-09-2011, 01:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So *they're* the homosexuals, but you find *yourself* checking out their packages. Interesting....
couldnt have predicted that response.

yes, they are homosexuals and i see their shlongs while they are walking around totally naked for long periods of time.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:14 PM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
I don't shower at the gym, I do it at home.
I have no problem being naked in the locker room, although I usually am not, as I have no reason to be.
I am not interested in any other man in the locker room, so if they are nude, I don't look....
I could care less.
were all men, we have the same thing more or less............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness