Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 11:26 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,363,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Today's weigh in - 177.0 pounds.

I set a NEW PERSONAL RECORD today in the 5k run by 32 SECONDS!!! WOW!! Maybe it was due to listening to more Rage Against The Machine and Suicidal Tendencies on the iPod.

Again, this is something that is normally totally against my normal belief - trying to lose a certain amount of weight in a given time, but with DEDICATED HEALTHY EATING and two-a-days workouts it shows that it CAN be done in a HEALTHY MANNER.

yeah and when your done it will all come back lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 11:35 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,987,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
yeah and when your done it will all come back lol
LOL. Not going to happen. This isnt something to be "done" with. This is my normal everyday regular routine. Its just that the past month I got lazy in both diet and exercise so put on a bit of flab and softness which is totally out of character for me.

Putting the weight back on is what would happen to a lesser person who does NOT lead an active healthy lifestyle. They would more than likely resort back to the bad habits and dangerous eating that made them fat in the first place.

As I mentioned before, my normal weight range is 174-178. More if I go on a bulk (with protein shakes and creatine) where it could go up to 188-190 or so, but I dont do a whole lot of bulking anymore. Just too difficult to eat 3500-4500 or more calories per day.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i especially like when women say they dont want to get too muscley. women have very little testosterone, they arent getting big muscles anytime soon.
Ugh, that is probably my biggest pet peave with women. That and the "I'll just do light weight and high reps" nonsense they talk. Chances of them getting muscly at all is slim unless they are really really really trying for eat and eating like crazy. Look at all the dudes who go to the gym regularly and even they are not muscley.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:38 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,753,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I think Hoboken likes the Pauly D/Vinny/Situation Jersey Shore type build. Or better yet, the Hulk Hogan barrell chested type. I am more of the Ravishing Rick Rude/gymnast/track and field athletic build. I am not the thick type (not in body/chest, but defintely thick in another area ) so I understand how some women wouldnt like it.

Im more of a football Free Safety or Cornerback build. CaptainNJ is more Linebacker type. Both fit, in shape, athletic but just different build.

Other than my butt, my wife LOVES my neck/traps/shoulders. LOVES it. Nothing like having that "V" shape.
V is always safe. Let's not forget they make the best clothes for the lean and fit guys.

Fitted "S" looks the best on any man who has the right body for it.

Or else, even the suit one buys becomes broad and it projects a stocky person.

Most of my shirts closely line my body, and it's at this set up that ties, dress shoes, pants and other stuff go well and in unison.

I'm not the kind of person who is seen with a tight polo clearly exposing big biceps and a jeans pants underneath....... it's just not my look

The moment neck sizes cross 14-14.5, it affects the shirt's set up and it all goes downhill from there.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:02 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,768,542 times
Quote:
no an you dont need to be one to know that is not healthy. PS are you a doctor??? maybe if you asked your doctor he will tell you i am right.
people cut weight fast all the time.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:06 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,414,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Close to 5 10 and about 167 pounds as of last Saturday.

My fittest weight was at 162 pounds around Feb, when body was really trim and well shaped, but then my mother visited me and I gained 12 pounds with all the great food.

I still think I am about 10 pounds overweight. Late 150s is my goal.

I don't think I am famished. I just don't have heavy muscles, becoz I have invested heavily in trim fit clothing and I look great in it. Settling into M sized clothes would be a nightmare

Wow, that sounds pretty thin to me, honestly. At that lb/in ratio I'd be ~181 lbs. I have not been that light since my sophomore year of high school when I was VERY thin and didn't carry much muscle mass, at all.

I'm happy at my current weight, but I'd really love to lose about 5 lbs of flab around my midsection. That would put me around 210-215, ideally.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:07 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,768,542 times
Quote:
there are a lot of muscular women look at all the professional female athlets
firstly, as professional athletes they are exercising a lot more than most people.

secondly, they supplement with testosterone.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:13 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,414,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
firstly, as professional athletes they are exercising a lot more than most people.

secondly, they supplement with testosterone.

Exactly. Serena Williams didn't "accidentally" get the body she has. #1, she's a genetic freak. #2, I'm sure she works with a nutritionist, a strength coach, a personal chef, etc.

That kind of stuff just doesn't happen for 99.9% of the people out there, regardless of how hard they try.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:32 PM

573 posts, read 2,060,517 times
probably not even those who were in concentration camps during the holocaust would lose 10 lbs in 1 week, this goal is unrealistic, what are you going to do? Not eat anything for 7 days?

Old 07-12-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
probably not even those who were in concentration camps during the holocaust would lose 10 lbs in 1 week, this goal is unrealistic, what are you going to do? Not eat anything for 7 days?
Read through the posts. Its 8 pounds now in 6 days and most importantly, my health/fitness levels have improved. Im faster, ripped, and my stamina is improved. Eating HEALTHY and high intensity exercise along with weight training is the key to a healthy happy energetic life my friend.

Im not saying that I am an exceptional person for accomplishing this, because I think ANYONE can lose weight with exercise and proper nutrition. I just would not recommend this kind of weight loss in such a short period of time to the average person.

Ive got CrossFit this evening and Kung Fu tonight. I'll weigh myself in the morning after my AM workout. Then NEVER again will I worry about what the scale says. I'll only worry about my performance in fitness and to a much lesser extent, how I look in the mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness