Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 06:58 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyking View Post
No of course at times - yes smoking can be enjoyable, and yes you can crave a cigarette - but come on no one HAS to smoke - I am just tired of smokers just making trying to make out their some sort of slave to tobacco - that there like some sort of helpless addict you will go into some sort of cold turkey - PLEASE!

TV, Films and our culture have associated smoking with relaxation, confidence and courage, and there is high amount of characters smoking in films. Your simply brainwashed if you think your getting something out of it.

People were not born needing Nicotine, and don't need it now - its all brainwashing by films/tv - smokers feel they get something out of smoking - when they get no more than someone gets out of drinking a cup of coffee - a small buzz - but take in lots of toxins/chemicals for that.

If your looking for a small cognitive buzz/appetite suppresant, or a nice feeling there are much more "cleaner" or efficent ways of doing that than breathing in huge amounts of toxins into your system hundreds of times per day - such as exercise, lots of good supplements, and perhaps a sex life.
You obviously know nothing of the mechanics of addiction.
I suggest you read up on it and get back to us.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:33 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
I don't know how hard it is.... but it sure is something for the well off. Smoking is damn expensive!

Old 09-20-2011, 12:34 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I don't know how hard it is.... but it sure is something for the well off. Smoking is damn expensive!
That's no lie, what, a pack a day comes out to about 200.00 a month and 2400.00 a year...this of course is based on brand name cigs.

Honestly, I could probably afford it but what's the point? You're huffing smoke? I just don't get it and nor do I want to understand it.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:46 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,139,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You obviously know nothing of the mechanics of addiction.
I suggest you read up on it and get back to us.

I can read up about it all day - the point are smokers really "addicted" - I don't believe they are, its more of a habit that is mildly addictive. Are you telling me they are a heroin addict or something - completely helpless - like a week without smoking and they would go into mental breakdown - I don't think so.

For gods sake stop making excuses, your not addicted, your just enjoy it - You'd be better saying I just enjoy it, than coming out with some brainwashed rubbish about being "addicted" - Totally Pathetic!!!!!!!

Old 09-20-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I can read up about it all day - the point are smokers really "addicted" - I don't believe they are, its more of a habit that is mildly addictive. Are you telling me they are a heroin addict or something - completely helpless - like a week without smoking and they would go into mental breakdown - I don't think so.

For gods sake stop making excuses, your not addicted, your just enjoy it - You'd be better saying I just enjoy it, than coming out with some brainwashed rubbish about being "addicted" - Totally Pathetic!!!!!!!
Classic example of an internet tough guy.
Did I say I smoked?
Sheesh!
Here, why dont you try learning something before you run off at the mouth and hurt yourself?
How Addictive Is Cigarette Smoking? > Health Issues > ACSH (http://www.acsh.org/healthissues/newsID.644/healthissue_detail.asp - broken link)
Google
Come back after you have actually educated yourself on the nature of addiction, and know the difference between shooting the messenger and getting the message.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:15 AM

438 posts, read 1,699,587 times
Quote:
You obviously haven't read up on this topic at all..not sure why you are so angry either??

Nicotine Like Heroin | ScienCentral | Science Videos | Science News

I am a former smoker, I quit and haven't had one cigarette in almost 4 years now. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do was quit, and I wanted to quit for a very long time and tried many different ways to quit. All you have to do is google Nicotine addiction and you can read for months about how it is "addicting".

Old 09-20-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner0325 View Post
You obviously haven't read up on this topic at all..not sure why you are so angry either??

Nicotine Like Heroin | ScienCentral | Science Videos | Science News

I am a former smoker, I quit and haven't had one cigarette in almost 4 years now. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do was quit, and I wanted to quit for a very long time and tried many different ways to quit. All you have to do is google Nicotine addiction and you can read for months about how it is "addicting".
That poster is NOT interested in learning anything, I have a hypothesis on why they are so angry, though.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:27 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,139,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
That poster is NOT interested in learning anything, I have a hypothesis on why they are so angry, though.
You seem to be the one that is angry - defending a stupid, ridiculous looking, smelly, unhealthy habit, sounds like your doing free advertising for the tobacco companies - You seem stressed perhaps you need a cigarette!

Old 09-20-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
You seem to be the one that is angry - defending a stupid, ridiculous looking, smelly, unhealthy habit, sounds like your doing free advertising for the tobacco companies - You seem stressed perhaps you need a cigarette!
Troll.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:14 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:

My late brother quit heroin first. Smoking was much harder for him to give up. Nicotine is a highly addictive substance, and anyone with any education or common sense knows this. Except, apparently, some high-and-mighty doofus on the Internet.

Anyway, there is absolutely no point to your OP except to say, "I am SO superior to everyone else and I want you all to know that!"

It would have saved everyone a lot of time if you'd just typed that in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness