Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 06:21 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times

Advertisements

Me about 10 at a push (pardon the pun) but I don't really work out/do any exercises at all, apart from when I went to the gym recently. If you're a woman, I mean the 'proper' kind, not on your knees and proper extension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 06:25 AM

4,437 posts, read 8,135,974 times
one hundred push ups

I got up to 75 pushups doing that routine before I stopped.

I also did the two hundred sit-ups routine and got up to 100 situps.

I was doing it with a couple of guys and they quit on me. I wasn't motivated enough to keep going but I was pretty impressed with myself that I was able to do as much as I did.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:46 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,717,169 times
75 easy...100 is my limit currently. I want to get to 200!

I just upped it 25 at a time. Had to start with wall ups. LOL

Old 01-16-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
75 easy...100 is my limit currently. I want to get to 200!

I just upped it 25 at a time. Had to start with wall ups. LOL
Wow that's impressive, on your toes?

Old 01-16-2012, 08:01 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
A few years ago I did 1000 pushups in a 2 hr period. 50 at a time, every six minutes. It was a goal that I set, and I slowly worked my way up to get to the point where I could do it. However, it was a bad idea. I wrecked a tendon (I think) in my left wrist and it took about 2 years to get it back to normal. If you're going to do lots of push ups I suggest a device called the 'Perfect Push-up.' It allows doing pushups without having to bend the wrist so severely. Invented by a former Navy Seal.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:05 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,090,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
A few years ago I did 1000 pushups in a 2 hr period. 50 at a time, every six minutes. It was a goal that I set, and I slowly worked my way up to get to the point where I could do it. However, it was a bad idea. I wrecked a tendon (I think) in my left wrist and it took about 2 years to get it back to normal. If you're going to do lots of push ups I suggest a device called the 'Perfect Push-up.' It allows doing pushups without having to bend the wrist so severely. Invented by a former Navy Seal.

Navy Seals love pushups. My friend was training to go in and was banging out 100 at a time like it was nothing.

As for me, I could do about 45 now but havent done any in a long time. After a few days I can get to 65 easily. I'd like to be able to do 100 at a time.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Wow that's impressive, on your toes?
Yes. I hate the girl ones. I don't feel like they do anything except chafe the knees.LOL. I felt like I improved my strength more quickly with the wallup instead.

I want to eventually be able to do 1 arm ones the same way I did the regular ones. I can only eek out about 3-10 in bad form. Ill get there..eventually.

I also want to do more than one push up clap. My neighbor as a kid, the dad could do these and I thought it was so amazing. lol He was a tennis freak.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Yes. I hate the girl ones. I don't feel like they do anything except chafe the knees.LOL. I felt like I improved my strength more quickly with the wallup instead.

I want to eventually be able to do 1 arm ones the same way I did the regular ones. I can only eek out about 3-10 in bad form. Ill get there..eventually.

I also want to do more than one push up clap. My neighbor as a kid, the dad could do these and I thought it was so amazing. lol He was a tennis freak.
Yes 75 sounds pretty impressive for anyone to me! The girl ones are actually harder than you think for someone as unfit as me, lol. I actually find the posture just awkward, though.

At one time I felt I could barely do maybe 5 in a row. But I guess doing it in front of my personal trainer I felt I had to step up so I did 10. That felt like a big achievement! I'm light but I have stick thin arms.

How are y'all at chin ups? I can only do one...and that's not really one, because I literally have to jump to get up! Maybe one and a half. I nearly did a second one, with my arms only, but I felt my arms were going to fall off!

Don't even ask me what I can bench press...In high school I was comprehensively beaten by a girl in an arm-wrestle (she was of average size too)...I guess I have some way to go, lol.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:52 AM

I really want a chin up bar for the home. But those are not really a problem for me either. I haven't done a test run on count lately. But I am lightweight. I don't really have that much to pull up. Take a couple deep breaths and challenge yourself to finish a set. Thats how I increase and pushed myself anyway. Also swore a lot during the end of a challenging set. lol

Old 01-16-2012, 08:53 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,309,160 times
In my mid 20s, I won a bet when I completed 100 (I cannot remember the time limit). At the time, I was power lifting so I did have some left in the tank and know that I could have added more. Now I am in my 40s and I can do my age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness