Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 03:59 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommodonahue View Post
So, what's your point? Are you just hot linking or do you want to discuss something? Do you have an opinion?

Probably be nice to give a summary...
Calm down. I was going to add this to the other thread since it is one of the same researchers from McMaster University. This gets debated here practically every month. My opinion is it is not worth discussing. I have done both for years. Once you are in shape it doesn't matter if you do both in the same day or which order you do them. In fact, I'm pretty much in agreement with the study. The only issue I have ever run into is when squats make me too sore to run, or when I think I'm too sore to run. Usually once I get the first mile in, the soreness goes away.

The important thing to realize, which Phillips points out, is that all of these studies are limited due to funding and the ability to control for all variables.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 04:20 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,369,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Calm down. I was going to add this to the other thread since it is one of the same researchers from McMaster University. This gets debated here practically every month. My opinion is it is not worth discussing. I have done both for years. Once you are in shape it doesn't matter if you do both in the same day or which order you do them. In fact, I'm pretty much in agreement with the study. The only issue I have ever run into is when squats make me too sore to run, or when I think I'm too sore to run. Usually once I get the first mile in, the soreness goes away.

The important thing to realize, which Phillips points out, is that all of these studies are limited due to funding and the ability to control for all variables.
Hey buddy, instead of posting random crap... make a point to your thread instead of hot linking articles.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:50 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommodonahue View Post
Hey buddy, instead of posting random crap... make a point to your thread instead of hot linking articles.
So your list of random crap includes:

Journal of Applied Physiology

ACSM | Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise

Health News - The New York Times

I don't want to waste my time, so is there anything else I should avoid?

Last edited by villageidiot1; 05-04-2012 at 10:07 PM..

Old 05-05-2012, 09:50 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,369,711 times
Yes. Random crap. That's what it is, if all you do is post and it and go. That tells me that you were too lazy to extract the data and form your own opinion based off of it. Instead, you read a headline from the article and believe it to be true. Then, you pass those two articles off onto this forum and try to apply the same to us. It's an endless circle of random crap.

So, yes. Random crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness