Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 08:24 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
There are "grunt free" gyms you can join. Otherwise, gyms equal grunting sounds. Never been to one yet where they have been silent. It comes with the territory.
"grunt free" gyms - really? I've never heard of a gym advertised this way. Plus, I don't care about grunting noises. This ain't grunting.
gyms equal grunting sounds - duh
It comes with the territory - duh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 09:00 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,278 times
Maybe you will understand how noise making can make a work out more effective.

Even making loud noises ... helps in making an orgasm better ! ! !

Check this video out from someone who knows,
what they are talking about.

Weight lifting tips for women. Grunt!

weight lifting tips for women. Grunt! - YouTube

Old 06-26-2012, 09:06 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
We have a new woman at our gym who loudly moans as if she is having an orgasm while doing any strenuous exercise - lifting weights, leg work on the physioball, planks, just about anything. It's LOUD. The whole gym was laughing on thursday night.
I completely understand groaning when pushing a heavy weight, but this is totally ridiculous.
You could always take the direct approach of just asking her why she does it, and if she realizes how it sounds to others. Maybe she doesn't know?

Old 06-26-2012, 09:16 AM

121 posts, read 199,199 times
Can you post a video?

Old 06-26-2012, 12:01 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Quote:
This isn't grunting. I'd be jumping for joy if it was just grunting.
Can you control it?

Ignore it and move on or change what you can, your schedule or your gym.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:03 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Quote:
"grunt free" gyms - really? I've never heard of a gym advertised this way. Plus, I don't care about grunting noises. This ain't grunting.
gyms equal grunting sounds - duh
It comes with the territory - duh
You sound like you're new to gyms. You could also workout at home if it bothers you that much. "duh"

Old 06-26-2012, 12:54 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
We have a new woman at our gym who loudly moans as if she is having an orgasm while doing any strenuous exercise - lifting weights, leg work on the physioball, planks, just about anything. It's LOUD. The whole gym was laughing on thursday night.

The gym is basically a personal training studio. Everyone is there doing the same work out of the day, but lifting weights according to their capabilities, and supervised by multiple trainers. It's very small quarters, the size of a basement, and it's crowded. There's an athlete, a children's and an adult program. All of us who were there on thursday night are very aware of it, and displeased, and it has become a snicker-point. There were comments made on Friday in reference to the incidence. Of course, it continued on Friday. I think some prefer to ignore it in hopes that it will stop. Maybe they are better than I at tuning it out. I talked to the trainer who works with her, and he just shrugged his shoulders, and said everyone has a different way of handling "things." He has no intention of complaining to management. I figure nothings going to change if we all tiptoe around it. I'm willing to go to management. I find it incredibly distracting (and no, I'm not jealous, hardly)....even just yelling at the top of her lungs would be distracting. As I said, it is very close quarters. And I don't want to listen to some chick having a public orgasm anywhere, especially at the gym!!

In all my years of working out, I've never heard anyone yell so loud, and so uncontrolled. Just wondering if this is common (hope not). I completely understand groaning when pushing a heavy weight, but this is totally ridiculous.
The only time I've ever heard anyone making grunting sounds, or any sounds, while working out was back when weight rooms were for men, and women using the weight room was a new thing. It seemed like the guys made loud noises to intimidate the women. After it became more common for men and women to share the weight room, I've never heard anyone making a big deal of their workout. So I can't help but wonder if this woman feels like she has something to prove to everyone. Or on the other hand, maybe she's just lifting some really big weights, though I wouldn't think her legs on the exercise ball would qualify for that designation, lol!

Mention it to management and see what they say. No harm in mentioning it. You could frame it in terms of an issue of courtesy toward everyone else in the room.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:10 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Speaking of noises...

I belonged to a very lavish gym 3 years ago, and they had lots of classes, including yoga. I joined the yoga class. Wonderful. The room was darkish, there was soft meditative music, and the instructor was great. It was my first yoga experience.

It was in that class that one day, during downward facing dog, some fellow up in the front let loose something that sounded like a French horn, and it wasn't coming from his mouth.

People began to giggle and the instructor softly said, "Now now, let's focus." I really tried my utmost best to contain my laughter, but eventually burst out laughing out uncontrollably so loud that I left the class. I was still laughing as I drove away.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:16 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,270,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
It was in that class that one day, during downward facing dog, some fellow up in the front let loose something that sounded like a French horn, and it wasn't coming from his mouth.
This is the kind of loud noise that I thought this thread was going to be about.

I'd personally have no problem with the toe-curling orgasm sounds. If it got really annoying I'd just start doing the same thing myself; in my experience with such things all it takes to get someone to change their behavior is to illustrate how foolish their behavior makes them look.

Excessive farting would cause me to seek membership elsewhere, though.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:27 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Well, passing gas is not that controllable, I think, when one is a gaseous person. (I was born blessed in that department, thanks to my mom, who is also not a gaseous person. Can't say the same for my ex-husbands, though that's not the reason they're my exes).

I wonder if making sounds while lifting is controllable? I've never lifted more than 30 lbs, so I have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
This is the kind of loud noise that I thought this thread was going to be about.

I'd personally have no problem with the toe-curling orgasm sounds. If it got really annoying I'd just start doing the same thing myself; in my experience with such things all it takes to get someone to change their behavior is to illustrate how foolish their behavior makes them look.

Excessive farting would cause me to seek membership elsewhere, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness