Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 PM

9,022 posts, read 13,891,332 times

Advertisements

Are you saying you would rather be fat,but cute and receive attention from guys rather than be skinny but healthy?
I think all of us women think about losing some bodypart when losing weight...for me,its my breast. They are always the first to go down,when I need some other part like my upper arms to go down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 09:22 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,234,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InNeedOfAdvice View Post
For whatever reason(s), I've gained 20 pounds in the past 4-5 months. That's a lot for a woman only five feet tall.

So basically I went from 130 to 150...and I have no motivation to lose the weight. Actually, I know I need to lose the weight, as I really shouldn't be any more than 120 pounds. However, the issue I have is this:

At 130 pounds, my butt is flat. And I mean F.L.A.T. I've always had a flatter bottom, and the fact that I'm a black woman makes it somewhat difficult because I'm always having black men tell me how unattractive I am because I don't have a booty. Since I gained 20 lbs, this is first time I've had even a little bit of padding back there, and the attention from men has definitely increased. I also had 2 (female) friends recently tell me I looked better "because of the booty".

Unfortunately, I'm obviously at a weight now that is less healthy, and although my backside is more attractive, my face and stomach is bigger than I would like. If I lose weight, my face and stomach will go down, but I'll lose the booty (and thighs/legs) that men complement me for.

Bottom line is: seems like I can't really win at any weight...because my shape is really the issue. I just wish I had a more proportionate body. If i had the money, I'd just stay at my current weight and lipo my stomach
Start a workout routine that emphasizes the legs and butt. Men don't want a flabby butt, but a tight toned and firm nice butt is awesome.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:24 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,990,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners View Post
Do squats for a bigger butt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilj0y View Post
This x10
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
squats, deadlift and lunges if you want some butt muscles.
This stuff works! I had a flat butt. Now it has magically appeared. It isn't quite where I want yet. But I went from nothing to something. And that's a win in my book.

Try the 200 squats program to start.
two hundred squats

Then hit the gym and add some weights and lunges and deadlifts. This will help you with the weight loss and butt shape.

Good luck.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:20 PM

22,694 posts, read 24,721,132 times
Get some of them "booty inplants!!!

That way you can lose the weight and still have a great booty!!!!

Old 01-28-2013, 12:39 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,974,210 times
A big fat butt to me is better than a small but. We have to take cultural considerations in here too. My gf is about your height. She went through the same thing. She is the same height as you and went from 135 (perfect) to about 155. She is doing squats and deadlifts to get the weight off and stay in shape. The results are very good.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:18 PM

149 posts, read 207,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I'm sorry but I don't understand the question. Are you looking for advice? on diet? exercise? what?
I'm just venting I guess.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Sounds like your solution is to workout. Most guys know the difference between a fat butt and toned butt of the same size.

Using fat to obtain your optimal size is noticeable. It normally involves some part of the body to be disproportionately too big or sickly too small.

If you give working out a serious effort you will see noticeable differences within the very first and second sessions. After that the results you may notice weekly but the good news is at this point it will actually easier to stay then to quit. Quitting at this point will actually become painful and you'll go through withdrawal.

The best way to cure soreness is to just go back and lift and you'll only ever be sore for the first or second time.
My SHAPE is the problem. At 130, I have an ok stomach, but a flat @ss. At 150, I have an out-of-shape stomach, but a nice @ss. I want to keep an @ss but not have the stomach...that's why I mentioned lipo.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners View Post
Do squats for a bigger butt.
If I lose weight and get back down to 125-130, squats will give me a slightly rounder butt, but that's about it. I know this because I used to work out pretty hard in the gym. I know how to squat, deadlift, etc., and am not afraid to lift heavy.

But based on my experience, it doesn't get my enough booty to make a difference because genetically, I just don't have it like that. I'm biggest in my bust area (32G) so it's obvious that's where most of my fat likes to go.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Ever heard the term soccer butt? Women in soccer or serious runners have BIG butts because of the muscle tissue that develops. You can develop a butt without just fat. As others mentioned, go work out and work that booty.

HHmmm....somehow I just don't believe this. I used to run 3 miles in the morning 5 days a week. And on an incline at that. It just rounded my booty out a little, didn't get any bigger really...

Old 01-28-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Lipo is not for weight loss. Its for people that have small fatty desposits that won't budge even when fit.
Really? Many of the 'smartlipo' results I see are from women who have large amounts of fat and want it removed/deposited somewhere else...

Quote:
You need to worry abut getting to a healthy weight and then sculpting a shape on it.
What's a healthy weight for a woman my height?

Quote:

What do you mean for "whatever reason" in regards to gaining? Were you watching what you eat? Weight gain is a signal for a doc check up. You don't magically gain unless you are overeating or have a health problem.
No, I haven't been caring about what I eat. I've been pretty depressed for over a year now.

I guess the point is, I don't like my shape at 'any' weight. At a healthy weight, my breasts are still disproportionately huge (at 120 I'm still a 32F), and my butt is disproportionately flat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness