Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 08:38 PM

27 posts, read 61,463 times

Advertisements

I work out daily for simple health benefits. I want muscles too of course, but I want a healthy heart and good circulation most of all.

I guess my motivation would be not dying and staying fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 10:08 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Move it or lose it mentality at my age. Before I got sick in 06 I had a better body than most of the young people I worked with. I would ride my bike to work 12 miles round trip and ride an additional 14 miles a week. We have a gym at work and I would lift weights and do the eliptical. I had to stop everything for years because of some health issues. I was just about ready to start again when I broke my ankle in Sept. I have about 2 more months before I can start working out again. I have to lose this belly fat, it's so uncomfortable. I felt so much better when I was more active.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:11 AM

207 posts, read 566,129 times
I like being fit.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:13 AM

632 posts, read 1,030,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
For me? Its a whole lot of missed opportunities with women. Haha.

So what motivates you to work out?
The following things inspire me and motivates me to workout:

* Better, more intense and longer lasting more frequent sex.
* Being and inspiration and teaching my 4.5 year old daughter the importance of being healthy and active.
* Whenever I see vids of athletic and sexy women, it really makes me want to workout. And Im a DUDE. * Health, longevity, and competitive nature of always wanting/striving to improve myself. Im never satisfied with "good enough" when it comes to my health/fitness/body.
* When I get compliments from my wife on how sexy she finds me to be.
* The Biggest Loser tv show. What a great inspirational show.

When I see women working out like this, or even when I see them on the running path, at Starbucks, or wherever, I get very motivated to get out and start working out even when I may have just finished my workout. These types of things inspire and motivate me:

CrossFit hardest ABS TARGETING EXERCISE - YouTube

CrossFit - WOD 120803 Demo with Andrea Ager, Jackie Perez, Rita Benavidez, and Erin Cianciolo - YouTube

Marisa's Run and Weight Lifting Crossfit Workout by Tim Chan - YouTube

Old 01-29-2013, 09:47 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
I get motivated by the usual things: longterm health, feeling good and full of energy, looking lean and muscular -- in that order.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:08 AM

17,387 posts, read 16,524,581 times
Health is the number one motivator - I really want to avoid getting type II diabetes and all the crappy meds that go along with it. Other factors - having more energy and being able to do things with ease that I can't easily do when I'm out of shape/overweight, like hiking up a sand dune or climbing a lighthouse or even riding a bike or attempting wind surfing. Being more coordinated and more flexible. Wearing smaller sizes, not having to shop in the plus size department (!). Looking better. Feeling more relaxed....

The list goes on. For me, it's all about quality of life.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:21 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,991 times
I want to still look like this when I'm 65.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:29 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
For me? Its a whole lot of missed opportunities with women. Haha.

So what motivates you to work out?
Health. Being vigorous and strong in middle and older age. Attention from the opposite gender. Working out gives you a glowing beauty you just cannot get by simply applying creams and getting botox injections and diet alone. And it feels so good...it can eventually become addictive.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:04 PM

19,034 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Originally, I was born with desire to weightlift. I was on and off it since 15. I even, basically, created a gym with all machinery in it with my own hands.
I am motivated by several things. Same above mentioned desire. Desire to stay and die healthy. I do not want to be burden on my family. And, as of lately, desire to keep sugar low. It started creaping up on me, and diabetes is 100% preventable with diet and exercise.
Yeah, looks also. But not major concern. Maybe 10% motivational factor.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:52 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,482 times
Mostly health.

I'll take any other secondary benefits with it though..like better fitting clothes, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness