Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 01:28 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,676 times

Advertisements

Fit women do not look like men. Those muscle bound women in those pictures?

They look like freaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 01:30 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
"Fit, Athletic, Muscular" women.

The women Below are NOT fit, athletic, muscular. I consider these women average (low calorie, minimal / high treadmill cardio)

Sorry about the large img sizes, I'm on a mobile device.
These women look pretty good but why are they all really tall - like 5'8" and more and very skinny? There are other types of good bodies.

These? Meh...

Old 03-27-2013, 02:25 AM

14 posts, read 17,711 times
Generally speaking, no.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:42 AM

580 posts, read 965,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
How or why is a fit appearance (on women) manly ?

I notice quite a few guys on message boards go out of their way to let others know their disdain for women who have (non steroidal) muscles.

Does anyone DIS-agree with the opinion that fit or athletic women look masculine or unattactive ?

Can insecurity or physical shortcomings play a role in a guys perception of a fit woman looking masculine ?
I don't think all "fit" women look masculine. Dancers like ballerinas and such are muscular but in no way do they look masculine.

The body builders and women who appear in those muscle magazines on the other hand look masculine to me. I think a woman can have muscles if they prefer but there is a limit.

My limit is a bit lower than some people's mostly because my taste in women has changed over the years.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:04 AM

292 posts, read 1,066,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post

They look like freaks.
Those pics of the ladies here look like freaks? I'm slightly speechless. Those girls pictured hardly have any muscle on them. They look fit and HEALTHY. I'll take that FREAK look any day of the week.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:34 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
If the examples above are my choices, I'm going for the NON fit women. The muscular women look ok, but honestly, they are kind of mannish looking. I don't like to see bulging muscles on women.
Bingo!

When women go for the Nicole Bass look then they need a huge boob job to make that look in proportion to everything else. Sadly these women look like train wrecks when they get older. The "non fit" cardio women posted above age quite nicely in comparison.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:35 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post

They look like freaks.
Actually they look fine, they didn't got full Schwartzeneggar.......yet!

Old 03-27-2013, 07:46 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
The women above all look great.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:39 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Bingo!

When women go for the Nicole Bass look then they need a huge boob job to make that look in proportion to everything else. Sadly these women look like train wrecks when they get older. The "non fit" cardio women posted above age quite nicely in comparison.
I would understand your comments better if an actual picture of Nicole Bass or any other pro-bodybuilder had been posted. To compare any of the balanced, athletic physiques in the first set of pictures to a female pro-bodybuilder in contest shape, is to lose any credibility for having discernment enough to participate in this debate. There are a number of hyper-muscular female bodybuilders that have refused to get boob jobs... Collette Guimond... (lawd), most notably, Annette Rivicceco (sp)... I'm showing my age... how many countless Victoria's Secret model types with no muscle at all have gone under the knife?? What ever are you talking about??

H

Old 03-27-2013, 08:41 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
I don't think it's the look that might turn off some, it's the idea that the muscular-looking woman spends her free time working out. that's fine, if that's what she likes to do.

Does the feminine woman enjoy building up her muscles? I don't think so. over the years, I have found that the most likable women (by both males and females) are those that are a little laid back. They tend to take life easy. Working out and sweating isn't for them.

Yeah, I know, they don't age well, they get fat! horrors!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness