Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 02:46 AM

109 posts, read 451,552 times

Advertisements

I am losing weight and I am really worried about everything going south, please please tell me exercises I can do at home to help this. My breasts and my belly are disgusting. I know to do situps and pushups. What else should I be doing. I use frozen water bottles for weights, and that is all I have for fitness equipment. Is there a website that would describe exercises for this? or can someone just tell me in detail what I need to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 04:43 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,249,400 times
Well, depending on your age and weight, if you lose a lot, there's going to be excess skin. Be prepared. Drinking enough water and doing a more gradual weight loss I think will be better than a quick weightloss, at least that's what I've heard. Do a search on google for what you're looking for. I also hear that using canned stuff around the house can help, too, with doin weights. Definitely keep strength training in your routine. Good luck to you. I have about 40lbs I want to lose by the summer so I hear ya sista! Come join the daily exercise thread. There are some great girls there!

Old 01-14-2008, 04:47 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Well, depending on your age and weight, if you lose a lot, there's going to be excess skin. Be prepared. Drinking enough water and doing a more gradual weight loss I think will be better than a quick weightloss, at least that's what I've heard. Do a search on google for what you're looking for. I also hear that using canned stuff around the house can help, too, with doin weights. Definitely keep strength training in your routine. Good luck to you. I have about 40lbs I want to lose by the summer so I hear ya sista! Come join the daily exercise thread. There are some great girls there!
yes, I agree. the exercise thread will give you alot of support and you could probably get some great ideas there. I know some women that had a great loss of weight with the same issues you are having, and the toning came but later on with some work. Good luck! Jeannie

Old 02-02-2008, 03:56 PM

170 posts, read 581,622 times
Have you ever done circuit training? You can buy them relatively cheaply and there are directions that tell you how and what they are use for.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:42 PM

213 posts, read 823,033 times
Since you don't have access to weights, I highly recommend you purchase a resistance band, they're usually range from about $10-$20 as well as a jump rope. With the resistance band, you can do pretty much the same exact exercises you'd be able to perform with barbells and dumbbells.

Amazon.com: resistance band

And don't let jumping rope intimidate you. Start off at your very own pace so that you're comfortable, and jump just high enough so that the rope passes under your feet (and no more than that, because you'd be expending more energy than you should be). It's a great form of cardio. Make sure you do this on a soft surface too, so it's not as hard on your knees.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:13 PM

46 posts, read 542,358 times
There are PLENTY of exercises to do at your home that do not use any kind of weights! Burpees are pushups, but it also helps with cardiovascular health. If you google 'weightless workouts' or something like that you can find something on the internet.

But also, as was mentioned by Sambazon, resistance bands work great as does doing jump rope.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:54 PM

638 posts, read 2,280,362 times
I make a mix of olive, castor, flax, and almond oils, then add some vitamin E liquid and vitamin A liquid. Shake it really well then massage in at least twice a day, esp. after you shower. I used this through two pregnancies and nursed two babies, my boobs are still in their proper place. You can get all these at the health food store except obviously olive oil can be bought at the grocery store. It may take a while to figure out how much is too much because it can get greasy if you use too much.

Now that I'm not nursing I mix this oil mixture in with my regular lotion, about a third oil to two-thirds lotion. Shake it really well to mix it. I massage this in really well every day after I take a shower. I don't have any stretch marks anywhere, and I gained 50 pounds when I was pregnant with my son.

No matter what don't omit the castor oil. It has something in it that absorbs in and fixes things.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyven View Post
There are PLENTY of exercises to do at your home that do not use any kind of weights! Burpees are pushups, but it also helps with cardiovascular health. If you google 'weightless workouts' or something like that you can find something on the internet.

But also, as was mentioned by Sambazon, resistance bands work great as does doing jump rope.
I would avoid jumping rope because that REALLY makes things flop and fly around! Even with a bra, a sports bra over it, still flopping.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:13 PM

213 posts, read 823,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
I would avoid jumping rope because that REALLY makes things flop and fly around! Even with a bra, a sports bra over it, still flopping.
You shouldn't worry about that if you're doing that in the privacy of your own home.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambazon View Post
You shouldn't worry about that if you're doing that in the privacy of your own home.
I am worried about the long-term effects of all that flopping/flinging/jiggling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness