Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:10 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,649,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Sheezzz, those aren't weights!!! 2.5 lb plates, yea, right ......
There was a woman at the gym tonight who was doing bicep curls with five pound weights. She couldn't possibly think that's doing something for her. Even my 11-year-old daughter would need heavier weights to get a good work out with that exercise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 11:17 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,846,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
There was a woman at the gym tonight who was doing bicep curls with five pound weights. She couldn't possibly think that's doing something for her. Even my 11-year-old daughter would need heavier weights to get a good work out with that exercise.
It certainly can be a starting point for a beginner or someone rehabbing from injury, but I certainly wouldn't brag about it!

Marilyn is awesome, but I'd like to see some pics of her lifting some pounds, then I'd consider her a "weigh lifter". I love to see her lifting CF-style.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:21 PM

601 posts, read 759,003 times
Has nothing to do with insecurity. Nobody, including women, cant help to what they are attracted to. take it for face value.

Muscular women are gross to me but then again you dont have to date guys like me either. find someone who accepts you and get over it. Men have a right to be selective

Old 03-27-2013, 11:23 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
I'm so confused reading these forums...

Men don't like muscular women,but at the same time they say they don't like fat women.
Some say they don't like skinny toothpics(which the Vs models on the first page are).

I think the muscular women on pg 1 have better shapes,nice legs etc.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:31 PM

601 posts, read 759,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm so confused reading these forums...

Men don't like muscular women,but at the same time they say they don't like fat women.
Some say they don't like skinny toothpics(which the Vs models on the first page are).

I think the muscular women on pg 1 have better shapes,nice legs etc.
what are you confused about? different men different perception..not difficult math. People have a right to be selective and so do you

Old 03-28-2013, 06:52 AM

320 posts, read 539,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Fit women do not look like men. Those muscle bound women in those pictures?

They look like freaks.
If you call those women on the first page muscle bound then call me a lover of muscle bound women. The 2 women on the second row of pics (especially the one in the pink shorts) look great and are far from freakish looking. I get that people are attracted to different body types and not everyone is going to like what I like but I don't understand how these women can be considered freakish. Guess what folks, when you aspire to a certain level of fitness and are serious about your workouts...these are the results. Sometimes I feel bad for women and the level of scrutiny they receive regarding their bodies. It's like a no win situation sometimes. Workout too much and you're muscle bound...too little and you're chubby. I for one applaud all women who care about and maintain their health.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:24 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,102,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I know... it's so igorant an argument, but it is appallingly frequent. I mean... I am a real fan of women far more muscular than even the examples posted earlier. You might have a hard time calling Denise Masino "feminine" but it is equally ludicrous to call her "masculine" nor can one rationally call a woman as objectively beautiful as DM a "freak". Doing so simply marks the name caller as a cretin with limited powers (biased powers) of observation. Like calling the Mona Lisa a scag. There are people who can do it and really mean it. And what... Denise goes on making MILLIONS because lots of men (and women) think she is an amazing beauty.
You have to love posts like this where someone will judge others and call them "cretins" for being judgemental and not sharing his particular taste in women. Pot/Kettle/Black.

Quote:
The haters go on being lonely haters.
Another stupid expression needs to go along with "my bad". Ghetto speak is for uneducated lügens and 12 year olds.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:31 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
The women in the white bikinis are fit to me. The others are built/muscular, though not necessarily masculine. They don't look bad, but as a woman, that's not for me.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:45 AM

2,198 posts, read 2,735,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
She probably doesn't want to get "big and bulky."

Old 03-28-2013, 02:10 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,653,493 times
I'm a big fan of the Crossfit-doing woman on page one. Looks healthy, well-adapted. Ironically, probably spends a lot less energy keeping fit (a few one hour CF sessions per week), than a thinner woman expends keeping skinny. Probably more likely to kick back some full-bodied craft beers with me instead of Michelob Ultra or some such swill. Probably more likely to keep up on a given outdoor activity, probably a little less likely to rely on me for any outdoor chores. OTOH, her hands are probably much more rough...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness