Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 05:13 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_Whut View Post
That's pretty gross!

One office I worked at ALWAYS had huge bowls of candy sitting out everywhere: peanut butter cups, M&Ms, Werthers caramels, tootsie rolls, cookies, etc. It was like Halloween everyday. Totally absurd!

The people supplying the candy were the lowest paid admin assistants, so it must have been a financial burden. Maybe there was social pressure in the secretarial pool?

At least two employees got gastric bypasses in one year; it must have been hard for them to walk by the pig-trough sized candy bowls every time they went over to the printer or off to the restroom. HR really should have put a stop to it.
Uhhh its the people's own fault if they cant control themselves. Giving someone access to guns isnt tempting them to kill someone.

Thats as absurd as complaining about the smell of food in the office making it "hard to diet."

Typical that people that struggle with diets are the same people that make excuses and blame others for tempting them to fail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 07:13 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Who cares what they all eat? You aren't forced to eat it.
I never said I cared what they eat. I believe I already stated that I can't control the whole office environment, just my little space. If you come into my space slurping your ice cream cone in my face, then you betcha, I'm going to say something about it. Just like if you come into my space to have a conversation with another person and I'm not involved, or you constantly interrupt me with your personal issues...all that stuff can wait until a break, and I chose whether I want to partake or not.

Quote:
How does the smell of food effect YOUR health? Sounds like the smell is making you have a hard time with self control which is your OWN fault. How are they eating it in your face? What people do at their own desk should be of no concern to you.
my, my. Aren't you the judgmental "know it all"? I sort of remember you criticizing someone else for doing the same thing you are doing

Quote:
I love when 6' 170lb online keyboard warriors try and give advice
Hmm....pot...meet kettle....black....

Quote:
You sound like you're the type of person that complains about stupid stuff at work that gets on everyones nerves. I would loooooooove to see someone like you complain about it.
Not at all. I know how to choose my battles. Actually, I'm one of the senior team members and it is my job to direct others. Feel free to complain away, cuz you ain't gonna find anything on me....unless the complainer is a lazy ass that expects me to do my job plus theirs! LOL! good luck with that!

Old 06-12-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I never said I cared what they eat. I believe I already stated that I can't control the whole office environment, just my little space. If you come into my space slurping your ice cream cone in my face, then you betcha, I'm going to say something about it. Just like if you come into my space to have a conversation with another person and I'm not involved, or you constantly interrupt me with your personal issues...all that stuff can wait until a break, and I chose whether I want to partake or not.

my, my. Aren't you the judgmental "know it all"? I sort of remember you criticizing someone else for doing the same thing you are doing

Hmm....pot...meet kettle....black....

Not at all. I know how to choose my battles. Actually, I'm one of the senior team members and it is my job to direct others. Feel free to complain away, cuz you ain't gonna find anything on me....unless the complainer is a lazy ass that expects me to do my job plus theirs! LOL! good luck with that!
Pot meet kettle? Im 5 10, 210 lbs, and single digit body fat. In terms of adding muscle and reducing body fat I think I'm pretty warranted to give advice.

If you dont believe that or anything else, I have zero issues proving it with pics.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Either way, I'm going to look like a prick. I'm going to seem snobby. One version involves me putting effort and the other one involves me being able to eat my lunch like any other day. The manager brought in chips and chocolate popcorn...how disgusting does that sound!?
Is their incorrect perception of you more important than taking care of yourself?

Time to make the decision. If so, then you will continue to give in to others.

One thing for sure, you can't control them, and you can't control the environment outside your own reach so to speak.

If you choose you, it's very simple to handle. You don't owe them any explanation. A simple "no thank you" is all that is needed. If it makes it any easier, say, "per doctors' orders." If they push you further, just say, "it's personal."

Do whatever it takes to remove yourself, mentally or physically from the disgusting situation until it no longer affects you. It's amazing how once you get into your groove how easily you will be able to ignore it. I think it's a good idea to hang out at the team potlucks, at least for a little while, just to show that you are a team player. It's really pathetic the games we must play. Be sure to bring your own food.

You can do it!!

Old 06-12-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Pot meet kettle? Im 5 10, 210 lbs, and single digit body fat. In terms of adding muscle and reducing body fat I think I'm pretty warranted to give advice.

If you dont believe that or anything else, I have zero issues proving it with pics.
Not interested. You apparently have a comprehension issue.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Not interested. You apparently have a comprehension issue.
Im not the one complaining about coworkers potlucks making it too hard to diet haha.

You should call the WAHHHHHHMBULANCE..

Old 06-12-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Im not the one complaining about coworkers potlucks making it too hard to diet haha.

You should call the WAHHHHHHMBULANCE..

Again, comprehension issue. You really should read every word (maybe out loud) of the posts before you jump in with your "expert" opinion.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I get what you mean, but sometimes it's difficult for people to think outside the box about such things. I used to be on the Party Planning Committee for my office and the issue of food-related rewards came up. Problem is, it's easy to say, "let's order pizzas!" to celebrate a milestone. It's a lot more difficult to come up with a party idea that doesn't involve eating.
Oh, I agree. I think it's really hard for a company with a huge number of people in a division or floor. There's 2000+ on our campus. So, as you said, they most frequently take the easiest way out. Thankfully, my department includes other rewards such as $5 gift cards...but they also put food in a central location...which I moved to the other end of area where there are empty desks...more room for munching. LOL!

Old 06-13-2013, 05:53 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
I never said I cared what they eat. I believe I already stated that I can't control the whole office environment, just my little space. If you come into my space slurping your ice cream cone in my face,

Boy I would hate working with you. "Slupring your ice cream cone in your face"? That's just nuts. I eat at my desk all the time because I work out during lunch break. If my food choices smell a certain way to someone else, tough nuts. If human resources came to speak to me about someone's complaint, which would never happen since it is completely absurd, I'd laugh.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:56 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
If you feel good and are happy with how you look, just eat what you want and don't worry about anyone else's opinion.

My husband worked in an office where food was a huge deal--there was pressure to go out and eat lunch together and on Fridays everyone was supposed to bring baked crap for breakfast. He hated it and eventually just started saying "no" every time it came up. So again, just do what you do and ignore the lunch emails. Eventually they'll get the message.
For a while, I was bringing in good food for these stupid potlucks. Then I realized that I was spending good money on a bunch of healthy options no one wanted to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness