Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 08:08 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times

Advertisements

Gyms are one of the last few bastions in society where men can act like men, women can act like women and both parties can appreciate and notice each other in a positive healthy manner.

Human nature being what it is though, some people are going to either put a negative spin on it or accuse others of sinister motives. When I'm in the gym doing a yoga or weight training routine, I'm sure there are people who look at askance at a woman 50 or so who can do plow postures and handstands and advanced weight training techniques. I say, let them look and let them think what they want. They're going to, anyway. Some people don't have it in them to be openly admiring or supportive of another's efforts. It's as if they think they are losing something by validating someone else. If they have something to say, they should kindly say it to my face and be ready to hear what I may have to say in response. I'm there to get fit, have a good time and be around other people who want to improve themselves physically. Anything positive over that is icing on the cake. Anything negative over that will be addressed by me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 09:32 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,478 times
I suppose I wear sexy clothes like fitted tanks. Trust me, I am not there for the stares or the attention. So what if men stare? I am there to workout and get my sweat on. Everything else is just icing on the cake! The guys at the gym I sometimes workout at don't bother me. I suppose it's because I have my "don't with me" face on.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:26 AM

6 posts, read 22,672 times
Why not?

Old 11-10-2013, 05:58 PM

255 posts, read 583,907 times
I don't know about sexy, but I fine myself more motivated to get dressed and go to the gym if I'm wearing something fun rather than ratty.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:07 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,588,373 times
Some women do not walk out of the home unless they look perfect. That is who they are, others like myself just throw ourselves together. Life would be boring if we are all doing the same thing.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:34 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Women wear workout gear made with fabrics that tend to be form fitting. Those ladies with tight and toned bodies under this are going to look sexy.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:38 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I didnt read the entire thread cuz, well Im too lazy but why would ANYONE ask why women wear sexy workout gear? Women should wear sexy workout gear. The question should be why some DONT. Then again Im a guy and we are known to be shallow.
No, YOU are known to be shallow, you said so yourself. Please don't speak for all guys because you sure don't represent all of them.

I do agree with your descriptions of yourself though.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:40 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
Just wondering this while walking around my gym the other day. Women supposedly claim they dont want to get hit on at the gym and thats fine. So why can they just wear shorts/tshirts instead of these ridiculous spandex outfits and tank tops. Of course they are on the cardio eqpt.
You're serious? Ridiculous is your comment. That you can't be the obvious flaws in it, even more so.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:30 PM

5 posts, read 6,829 times
I believe there are some women who work out in tight clothing because it is comfortable.

However, there are also women who want to be checked out at the gym.
I've been going to the gym practically everyday for the last 2 months and I've noticed women who come in crazy eye catching attire.

Yoga pants, fine, whatever, but space patterned yoga pants? Light colored yoga pants that are almost see through? White shorts that are short short and see through? Some women have worn yoga pants that are supposed to accentuate the butt (these yoga pants usually have line stitching). Low cut tops that accentuate boob cleavage? I have noticed that girls with the most unnatural tans tend to wear the tightest/most revealing clothing.

There are a sea full of treadmills and stair masters at my gym, but the girls that want attention gravitate towards the machines that are closest to the free weights where all the buff guys are.

Women are not alone though. There are some immature men that wear tanktops that barely cover the chest. I saw one man's tank top cut so low, it barely covered the chest except for the 2 lines that held on to the shoulder. Him and his friends, in similar attire, weren't there to do cardio. All they did were bench pressing, deadlifts, and squats. In no way does there attire makes lifting weight more "efficient."

Some of the men that I see frequently never go to the gym except in tight clothing.

So in conclusion, there are some women who go to the gym who only care to workout. Some women who go to the gym who like the attention. But the same can be said about men.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:36 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detonate View Post
So in conclusion, there are some women who go to the gym who only care to workout. Some women who go to the gym who like the attention. But the same can be said about men.
Some women go to the gym hoping to catch a guy's interest. A subset of those dresses in a way guaranteed to get attention. Others just wear shorts, or whatever. The gym is not the flirt-free zone some on this forum would have us believe. I don't know why so many men are convinced that women don't want men to approach them at the gym. Some don't, some do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness